TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All 1/6 bat fans,please accept my apologies for my throwaway line turning this thread into a travelogue.

It cool. Happen all the time.

$1,200 not bad. I just ordered my tracks and remote control for the 1/1T1. Cost was $1,600.00 for everything. The guns I will have my gunsmith make.

Because ...I just know that i have all the batman hot toys on collection and on PO .. and some of then in the way here.. some where with a fedex...agent .. but I cant stop thinking on the BAT...

biggsurprise2013.jpg

Probably because it's God's own country(We invented Rain here, you know. It's one of our primary exports), with scenery to take your breath away, and weather that will make you cry, lol.

DSCF0089.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

That looks really depressing. :lol
I live in Cali right outside of Los Angeles, so its all sun for me. :lol

I toured Scotland this time last year with my Girlfreind.8 hour drive initially from Hertfordshire,we stayed in a B & B in Fort William for a couple of days,visiting such delights as Neptunes Staircase and the Fort William to Mallaigh line,said,rightly,to be one of the top railway journeys in the World made famous by Harry Potter,of course.Carried on through the Highlands to Inverness where we took the A9 and carried on up to our next B & B four miles west of John o'Groats,where we took in Dunnet head and a seal watching trip off the coast.It was such beautiful weather that we wished we d taken in the Orkneys as well,on a day trip.Perhaps next time.
From there a little luxury in a four star hotel in Pitlochry before heading home via Edinburgh(as a Hard Rock cafe Edinburgh shot glass was the only one missing from G/Fs neices Husbands collection!) and Whitby.Most enjoyable seven days.I do love Scotland my Dad hails from just outside St.Andrews.
Now Hot Toys,about "The Bat"....

Enterprise_2009-1.jpg

QMx Enterprise that is 34Lx16Wxx7.5H and is $5000

serenity-01.jpg

QMx Serenity that is 19Lx12Wx7H and is $2500

Starbuck_ViperII_1.jpg

QMx Viper that is 18Lx10.5Wx7H and is $1500

The only one that is remotely close to the size of the bat is the Enterprise and it's $5000. The Bat is bigger and a lot more complex than any of these so if it ever gets produced i could not imagine it would be cheap. I would think $2500 minimum and if they were smart they would do a limited (250 to 500) and numbered run.

QMx Enterprise that is 34Lx16Wxx7.5H and is $5000

QMx Viper that is 18Lx10.5Wx7H and is $1500

The only one that is remotely close to the size of the bat is the Enterprise and it's $5000. The Bat is bigger and a lot more complex than any of these so if it ever gets produced i could not imagine it would be cheap. I would think $2500 minimum and if they were smart they would do a limited (250 to 500) and numbered run.

That's a good post. And quite right. Even with Hot Toys shoddy QC record, the Bat would have to be expensive.

I toured Scotland this time last year with my Girlfreind.8 hour drive initially from Hertfordshire,we stayed in a B & B in Fort William for a couple of days,visiting such delights as Neptunes Staircase and the Fort William to Mallaigh line,said,rightly,to be one of the top railway journeys in the World made famous by Harry Potter,of course.Carried on through the Highlands to Inverness where we took the A9 and carried on up to our next B & B four miles west of John o'Groats,where we took in Dunnet head and a seal watching trip off the coast.It was such beautiful weather that we wished we d taken in the Orkneys as well,on a day trip.Perhaps next time.
From there a little luxury in a four star hotel in Pitlochry before heading home via Edinburgh(as a Hard Rock cafe Edinburgh shot glass was the only one missing from G/Fs neices Husbands collection!) and Whitby.Most enjoyable seven days.I do love Scotland my Dad hails from just outside St.Andrews.
Now Hot Toys,about "The Bat"....

Nice. Sounds like you had a great time!
I go to St Andrews twice a day with work.

My first post and I hate to be the possible bearer of bad news for those who were looking forwards to this vehicle (Including myself), but I read that this has been cancelled on Toyhaven's blog link included below.

I hope not since even though I have no place to put the damn thing, I was looking forwards to owning it and bringing it out once a year just to admire it and put it back in storage.

https://toyhaven.blogspot.sg/2012/09/check-out-hot-toys-16th-scale-bat-from.html

Regards

Have you read their manufacturing process though? It's much more intricate and complex than what The Bat would be, and uses much fancier materials. And it has multiple sound sequences. You can read about the product details and construction process here. Comparing them because of their size doesn't really take into account any of this. If they charged anywhere near the amount of money that the Enterprise and Serenity are, we're severely overpaying.

I would expect to pay $1500 max for The Bat, given the assembly line manufacturing process and materials used. As others have pointed out, while the Bat is bigger than the Tumbler, it's not nearly as dense or tank-like. I could see it being shipped in a few smaller pieces for assembly when it's delivered. And I'd be surprised to see the blades spin on their own. If we do get this, I suspect we'll only get a few led lights.

Last edited:
Well those pictures were taken during the winter last year.
But if flawless lochs and mountain ranges covered in snow make you depressed and long for a place like Los Angeles, then you are welcome to it, lol.

Great sun, food, music, and mixture of cultures. Plus not to mention I live in a place where I can go dirtbiking, snowboarding, and surfing all in one day...so yeah, Im good here. :lol

Qmx is grossly overpriced. The Master Replicas Millennium Falcon was only a couple thousand, and it was bigger and more complicated than the Qmx Enterprise. The Qmx Enterprise is also constructed and painted by actual movie industry special effects people here in the United States. That's a far cry from a factory in China.

serenity-01.jpg

Thanks for sharing this I had no idea about QMx.

The level of detail on Serenity is impressive and of course now I want one but could never afford it (at least not anytime soon). Guess Ill have to stick to admiring pictures.

This thing is huge i cant wait to see if we get the 89 bat wing the only real bat ship sorry ...This thing will take up a lot of room compared to the 89 batwing but congrats to those who decide to grab this you are crazy as the bat himself jk but true die hard hardcore fans...

No way this will ship as one piece. It would have to be kit form, not sure why anyone thinks that would be a change for Hot Toys, they do it all the time. The Iron Man Gantry for example.

The design of this craft is modular. Central hull, 2 side engines etc. it would not make any sense for this to ship as one piece, it would be way too fragile. Even the tumbler has its delicate fins separate for shipping.

It will ship in kit form or not at all.

Agreed. People are not thinking logistically with this thing at all. Otherwise they'd completely understand Hot Toys' hesitation.

i really don't thing people are getting that this piece would easily, EASILY 1)cost more than $1500 and 2) arrive broken 3) be oversized to the point any display case would cost at least $500...

with that said...I REALLY WANT IT

This thing, if produced, will not come fully assembled AND it won't be $2000-$4000 dollars. :huh

Chances are it will only come with the working lights with no rotor motors...that would simply drive up the price for a non-essential feature. It will probably be as hollow as the Tumbler & twice as big. It's not a "replica". It won't be made with resin At ALL and it won't have 130+ LEDs that are controlled by a computer module and remote control. This will still be a toy guys...not a museum/film quality reproduction made and assembled by hand in the US!

My prediction is it will retail +/- $1000 shipped!

...that's if it gets made at all...

It would never be in the range of 4,000.

It's not only about the size but about the complexity :lecture

I would say take the tumbler + probably some more % for a smaller number of pieces + some $ for HT brazenness and it will be about 900-1200$.

Back