TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any news on this??? I just got my Tumbler and now I want THE BAT. I would like to know from Hot Toys the real reasons to cancel this...

Thanks. No wonder look at. It pretty impractical when coming to shipping that thing. I would have love to seen it in person though.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I would say it help's to just take a look at the stabilizing wires at the prototypes turbines:

980stgcc.jpg

Image source: https://toyhaven.blogspot.sg/2012/09/check-out-hot-toys-16th-scale-bat-from.html

Quite sure this thing would get much to fragile looking at the materials HT normaly uses. All the small and quite thin armory parts would get fragile as well and using other materials would make the thing much to expensive to be profitable for HT, I think.

Last edited:
Yeah, I still don't see why this couldn't be shipped without costing an arm and a leg. Ship it in a kit of multiple pieces (body, cockpit, arms, blades) and throw in LED light battery compartments on each arm and in the main body. Put in a metal simple metal skeleton in each arm that connects to a bit of metal rigging in the main body (which can also connect to the cockpit), and include a display stand that functions like the one in the article pics. None of that would be all that expensive. And the blades don't need to spin on their own (both on the main body and in the arms). Taking out the motory bits will lighten the overall weight of the vehicle, particularly in the arms. In fact, while it's more impressive, I don't even need LED lights, if that's a hold up.

Making the above changes would offer stronger structural support, make it lighter, and make it more durable for shipping. And having the whole front end come as multiple separate pieces reduces the overall dimensions of the item and the box, making it smaller and more cost effective for shipping.

I don't know, I really like the spinning blades. They're really nothing but gimmicks, but they're eye catching gimmicks that reduce the mind of any person to a single thought: "Ooooh, shiny (even though they aren't particularly shiny." At the end of the day, I'm happy however this turns out. If it does come out, I get my ideal TDKR display (Bane and the camo tumbler, Catwoman and the Bat-Pod, Batman and The Bat). If it doesn't, well, I'm not a big customs guy, so if it doesn't get an official release, I'm probably out, and that means more money I can spend on other stuff. Hmmmm, maybe I'll go back to the future, and cash in my chips on Marty, Doc, and the Delorean.:lol

Even if HT break even or lose a little on this, they owe it to the fans to produce it. Most companies produce a grail item and lose money to bring new people to their products and this would have done the trick.

Why not to turn this thread in to a poll??? To check how many of us are really interested in a 1/6 THE BAT..

I'm in for a 1/6 THE BAT.. but I'm not interested at all on a 1/12 the bat.

Back