Tapes, what do you do with them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I don't even use a box cutter or scissors to cut the tape I just use my fingernail.

They are just boxes, not the collectibles themselves, you are kinda overthinking this...

What he said. Just a box. I display everything anyway, so the box is largely irrelevant. Goes in the roof in case I want to resell for ease of shipping, but that's it.

Sometimes I don't even use a box cutter or scissors to cut the tape I just use my fingernail.

Oh! You Daredevil, you!!!! So risque!!!
As for me - I need to go into a 3-4 hour meditation and try to gather my thoughts, so I can properly answer this serious, and totally necessary topic....

What he said. Just a box. I display everything anyway, so the box is largely irrelevant. Goes in the roof in case I want to resell for ease of shipping, but that's it.

sometimes the box worth more than the content, especially for vintage stuffs where the content is widely available compared to a well maintained box.

sometimes the box worth more than the content, especially for vintage stuffs where the content is widely available compared to a well maintained box.

Meh. Look at it this way... am I supposed to worry about, care for and maintain a hundred empty boxes for 5-10 years because one day one or two of them might be worth a couple of hundred bucks? I'm not averse to making coin off unwanted pieces or accessories, but the investment of my time and resources has to be commensurate to the return.

Disclaimer. I do put the boxes in plastic bags, as that's space neutral, and I am thrifty enough to not have items ruined for no good reason. They're safe enough up there, but were the roof to leak, or a possum make a nest in a couple and some of those boxes to get spoiled, no dramas. :)

Just use a heat gun or hairdryer and the labels and tape come right off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back