Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't the predominant rumor that the Tamashii R2 is never happening anyway.

Not to mention there is no mention of another company on the teaser... so I'd guess this is all Sideshow.

Yeah I think so as well. It's pretty obvious at this point that Tamashii and SSC had a falling out of some sort. So an R2 from any other company but Sideshow doesn't seem likely to me either.

Scale aside, the finish may also be a small issue in terms of pairing this R2 with Tamashii's 3PO. Weathered R2 + squeaky clean 3PO will look a tad odd. If SS release their own 3PO I'd almost certainly pick that up as well.

I think the shiny 3po and a slightly weathered version r2 will look fine together. I just dont quite have the cajones to ding up the tamashii to match r2. Although I have kicked around using ground pastels that could wipe back off if I didnt like it. It will be interesting to know if ssc does in fact make ole golden too. I said the tamshii would be all I ever needed but I should learn never to say never.

I think the shiny 3po and a slightly weathered version r2 will look fine together. I just dont quite have the cajones to ding up the tamashii to match r2. It will be interesting to know if ssc does in fact make ole golden too. I said the tamshii would be all I ever needed but I should learn never to say never.

Never say never... especially when your wallet has a couple years to heal. Now I barely even remember spending so much damn money on C-3PO :lol

Never say never... especially when your wallet has a couple years to heal. Now I barely even remember spending so much damn money on C-3PO :lol

Thank goodness for fading memory. It lets me justify just about every purchase :lol

Plastic 3PO will never look as good as metal 3PO.... so Sideshow will likely weather the hell out of him. Hopefully.

:lecture that's why I couldn't sell my Tamashii version and why I couldn't not pick up a SS version.

Yeah but really, that diecast 3PO is a thing of beauty. There is no way a plastic version can ever be quite the same. Droids are metal dang it!!!!!!!!!

I'd expect a plastic 3PO, "done right" as Lejuan put it, to photograph as well as a metal one - you shouldn't be able to tell the difference from a photo. In-hand is where you'll feel the difference.

My feeling is that if Sideshow were doing a 3PO, it'd be teased with R2. I'd at the very least expect to see something in R2's product pics. If they pair him up, instead, with Tamashii, then I wouldn't expect them to do one. Don't think they could match Tamashii, either, to be honest.

That lighting unit at the back of R2's dome looks like CRAP to me. And the figure is made out of plastic compounds, obviously. I'll probably wait for another 1:6 R2-D2. This isn't a jackpot of ANYKIND.

Haters gonna hate. I have no problem putting a dirty R2 next to a clean 3po since 3po is a house droid and r2 is a field droid. lol

Haters gonna hate. I have no problem putting a dirty R2 next to a clean 3po since 3po is a house droid and r2 is a field droid. lol

Field droid?..............whats a field droid?

harrison-ford-american-graffiti_thumb.gif

I'm just happy that this is another critical figure we can all check off. Now where is my 1/6 chewie SS!

Doing the Kessel Run in 18-parsecs with some scruffy looking, Nerf herder? :)

..it will be interesting to see if SS decide to compete with the Tamashii figure, so soon after its release.. particularly since most peeps will be expecting a non die-cast figure to be less expensive than Tamashii's.

Back