Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My feeling is that if Sideshow were doing a 3PO, it'd be teased with R2. I'd at the very least expect to see something in R2's product pics. If they pair him up, instead, with Tamashii, then I wouldn't expect them to do one. Don't think they could match Tamashii, either, to be honest.

What!? SS has consistently left out critical characters in ALL their 1/6th lines. Why not here?

Besides, if 3PO isn't one of the mystery boxes next week, then I fully expect to see him for SDCC.

Maybe! It is possible... certainly it's something I'm sure that'd be profitable for them, even with Tamashii's not having been that long ago. Really I hope for those that want a SSC 3PO that one is made. I'm 100% content with my Tamashii, though, so all I care about is R2 matching in scale. Weathering between the two is irrelevant to me.

Maybe! It is possible... certainly it's something I'm sure that'd be profitable for them, even with Tamashii's not having been that long ago. Really I hope for those that want a SSC 3PO that one is made. I'm 100% content with my Tamashii, though, so all I care about is R2 matching in scale. Weathering between the two is irrelevant to me.

Pretty much this exactly. I'm sure they'll try and sweeten the deal with lots of accessories too.

incase anyone missed it, the Recently previewed R2 was just revealed to be 100% in-house by sideshow. no tamashii involvement.

If thats the case, I wonder if Tamashii will ever release an R2. Knowing my luck, I'll buy the SS R2 and then Tamashii will announce one :(

IF Tamashii ever released an R2... big IF now... it will certainly not be for at least two years from now -- one year until we get this new R2 in hand, another year to give some distance on it.

At that point, will you really care about Tamashii R2? By then you'll be sweating out the Hot Toys R2.

If thats the case, I wonder if Tamashii will ever release an R2. Knowing my luck, I'll buy the SS R2 and then Tamashii will announce one :(

sad-eeyore.jpg

Not too worried about Tamashii releasing a R2. I can see myself having two in the collection as there are so many display options for him.

I'm more hoping he's in proper 1/6th scale myself, so he matches the rest of the sideshow collection.

I don't have any of Sideshow's Star Wars 1/6 figures in my collection.
How does it compare to the scale of the Tamashii 3PO? Are Sideshow's figures smaller/larger?

which is accurate to the character, if put into 1/6th scale.

If by "accurate" you mean 1/2" to 3/4" too tall, then yes. This has been discussed in the Vader thread ad nauseam - Deluxe Vader is grossly oversized. Tamashii 3PO should be the correct height by all accounts.

Back