Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But to be fair, he wasn't out of scale. The "demo" R2 as I'll call him, looks like it was made from a mold that was itself cast from an existing R2 - Medicom? Hasbro? If it was indeed a die cast sample, why on earth would they go to the trouble of making a mold if it wasn't the right scale? That's potentially some serious expense if they made any kind of metal mold. And if it wasn't just a recast of something else, you can bet that it was the final size - there's no way they'd have spent time making something from scratch of the wrong size just for use as a show sample. Didn't the label on it say they were waiting for licensor approval? On that sample? Something's sketchy about the whole thing.
I don't think the scale of R2 is in question here. It's the "Chrome Dome" and the clear middle eye.

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-001_1349980675.jpg

I personally don't see anything wrong with the scale.

The question of scale is an issue. No manufacturer has gotten it right for a high end figure in this scale. The Taito is the closest for scale but it lacks quite a bit in what you would hope for a high end figure.

So, just to recap.
Things to change before release:

1. Scale
2. Chrome dome
3. Clear eye
4. Accessories galore!

Did I miss anything?

I've heard that a few times, the "scholar" thing. Who is this person?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

He's the guy who did the Marmit Vader. I think he's a skilled guy....something logical has to be holding R2 back.

Seiji Takahashi hes suppose to be one of the most talented and famed Star Wars modelers in Japan. He has co-written a few of the “bibles” that model builders use.

Hopefully they will get everything worked out with R2 and it will be in the mid $200 range upon release as opposed to $400+. I do think when R2 is made officially official the C3POs will start creeping back up in price.

I don't think the scale of R2 is in question here. It's the "Chrome Dome" and the clear middle eye.
Well.. everyone that's been keeping up, knows the sample is too small. :)

I just mentioned the eye & dome specifically in my earlier post, because that R2 only pic highlights those things more so.

The question of scale is an issue. No manufacturer has gotten it right for a high end figure in this scale. The Taito is the closest for scale but it lacks quite a bit in what you would hope for a high end figure.

I wonder why it's been so difficult to get the scale for R2, you'd think it'd be easier considering he's basically a garbage can.

Good luck to those wanting this for under $200, I hope you get that opportunity.

I'll say it for the last time, you need this figure. I have a Threepio focus and this isn't just a stand out amongst those things, it's a stand out amongst everything.

That's the last time I'll say it.:lol

:exactly: - well said.

Preference for one character over another is one thing; some folks just aren't into certain ones, regardless of their contribution / place in pop culture - fair enough.

However, I find some of the comments posted, show just how unappreciated absolute ICONS like the droids are among certain generational circles, which is sad.

Yep. But they'll spend $350 on Hawkeye, to each their own.

Well I just ordered two more Taito R2's to try and mod with lights and paint, and if I end up with a spare when all is done I will try and make an R5-D4 out of that. Most likely I will have two broken beyond hope and one untouched plastic looking clock when It's all done. :rotfl

But I will give it a shot as they're only $25 each so..

Well I just ordered two more Taito R2's to try and mod with lights and paint, and if I end up with a spare when all is done I will try and make an R5-D4 out of that. Most likely I will have two broken beyond hope and one untouched plastic looking clock when It's all done. :rotfl

But I will give it a shot as they're only $25 each so..

Where did you order from?

Back