Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what Bob's post articulates, above all else, is that a Bandai/Tamashii is a possibility.
:exactly: It also makes sense from a monetary standpoint that these companies would want more of the pie.

Last edited:
Ok ok... none of us are administering the dang thing so what the hell do we know anyway?

What generally happens is this:

Someone proposes a $200 die cast 1/6 scale R2D2 figure to Disney, along with all the business & manufacturing details. Disney decides whether or not it wants to be in the $200 1/6 scale die cast R2D2 business. They give the okay to proceed as no current license holder is willing or capable to join them in the $200 1/6 die cast R2D2 business. Hasbro can't say no unless they are willing and capable of producing this desired product themselves (assuming they even have a die-cast option in their contract). They have no right to deny Disney of this business opportunity. Hasbro is not in the high end die cast figure business so this becomes a new license.

If Disney really wants to work with Hot Toys on Star Wars, in the $150 - $300 1/6 scale realm, and cut Hasbro/Sideshow out completely, they just claim that Sideshow's standards aren't as high as Hot Toys'. It's damaging the brand when held up against a competing IP with figures manufactured by Hot Toys.

It's not alway about money either. Marvel Studios has Hot Toys figures in their offices. When the Dr. Pepper guys come in and are impressed by those figures, it might just give them the tiniest extra push they need to accept Disney's terms for featuring Loki on their soda cans. I've seen some really big deals happen for much stranger reasons.

Ah, I love Bob's everyman speculation and fantasy. Unfortunately contract realities specifically prohibit the kind of things he's talking about.

I don't have inside knowledge into these contracts, but anyone who has seen any kind of licensing deal from the inside from any company would know better than to write what Bob just speculated.

Seeing as Bob also doesn't have any inside knowledge of these deals, I'm guessing some people gravitate toward his posts only because they provide a glimmer of hope that Tamashii will produce an R2.

Oh well, the facts are out there if you want to read them. If you want to put your head in the sand, that's an option too, it might just be a long wait there breathing silica though.

Only four people have posted in this thread more often than you Pixel. How are you liking this figure then?

Ah, I love Bob's everyman speculation and fantasy. Unfortunately contract realities specifically prohibit the kind of things he's talking about.

I don't have inside knowledge into these contracts, but anyone who has seen any kind of licensing deal from the inside from any company would know better than to write what Bob just speculated.

Seeing as Bob also doesn't have any inside knowledge of these deals, I'm guessing some people gravitate toward his posts only because they provide a glimmer of hope that Tamashii will produce an R2.

Oh well, the facts are out there if you want to read them. If you want to put your head in the sand, that's an option too, it might just be a long wait there breathing silica though.

Excuse me, sire, but I do have inside knowledge. As a matter of fact, I do it for a living. I wouldn't come on here and claim to be an expert in whatever it is that you do for a living. I have a pile of licensing deals on my desk that do everything you say is not possible. I'm actually poking them with my finger right now and they are in fact real. They exist.

pixlepiper will quickly dismiss your expertise and tell you why you're wrong :lol

I'm a little confused as to what exactly you contest as not in the reality of contractual agreements. Contracts, licensing or otherwise, can have any stipulations both parties want to put in them. Some licensing deals are blanket, most are specific as to what type and size figures a company is allowed to make.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and be different by agreeing with everyone instead of arguing and trying to prove everyone wrong with vague innuendo.

Mr Walker is mounting a crusade against die-cast as we speak and you people are bickering about the intricacies of license agreements? Priorities people!

Back