Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pretty damn good evaluation. I have the action alarm clock and a R5-D4 and they are very similar is size, with differences on the bottom where the middle leg comes out. The seam for the clock panel isn't that noticeable, especially after a bit of weathering. Legs are definitely longer, mostly having to do with the base of the leg where the wheel mechanism sits.

Last edited:
Isn't the Taito a lot bigger in circumference than the Hasbro? I'm sure there were images just posted of them side by side. Notice how I avoided using the word "girth." Doh!

Last edited:
If anyone cares, I measured the diameter of the Hasbro R2's body at bottom edge of the dome as 69.7mm using digital calipers.

I don't have calipers, but if I did I would measure the dome at base on R5-D4.

I also put lights inside the Taito. It can be done.

Good call, Lejuan. It's about 22cm long, decided by two..11CM, which should be 110mm, which doesn't sound right, considering how close they are in size.

Thanks for the pics Solo_Bones! Based on the photos you posted, I'm thinking the action alarm clock version looks better. Do you prefer that one over the Taito or Hasbro versions?

Thanks, man. :duff

I haven't built up the nerve to try my hand at the Taito R2 weathering, as I wanted to give it paint job first...that's what's terrifying me. Don't want to blow it. But I have the new airbrush and paint just sitting waiting for me to build the nerve.

I did light it up, makes a difference.

Thanks, man. :duff

I haven't built up the nerve to try my hand at the Taito R2 weathering, as I wanted to give it paint job first...that's what's terrifying me. Don't want to blow it. But I have the new airbrush and paint just sitting waiting for me to build the nerve.

I did light it up, makes a difference.

Got a recipe for the lighting? Any pics?

Yeah, I used the 3mm lights, but they are pretty bright. Take your pick on the system you wan, 3v or 9v, I went with 9v battery and 4 lights. I was able to keep the 9v battery in the top portion of R2's lid. It can spin and there's no issues with wires.

https://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/ledlights1.html

There should be some considerable thought put into how one would light up R2s lid and with what medium. I went with a basic set up and it's not very elegant, but it does light him up.

I will post some pics later.

Back