Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very happy to see Tamashii listened to the feedback about the Maul face sculpt. Now at least he doesn't look like regular plain ole Maul, or even an alien, he just looks like a warrior/ninja with a fearsome mask, which is what I wanted. I might have prefered if the mask looked more like a traditionnal red Oni mask, and maybe less shiny, but it'll do.

Jango Fett was expected and is just a slight rework of Boba Fett so it's not as exciting but I'll still probably get both because I'm a sucker for this line.

Can't wait for the Archer Trooper too, it should come out soonish.

Make the Spearman next please!

Via toyark.com SDCC 2017 Proto Fett

Proto Boba 01.jpg

Unlike the Sandtrooper exclusive, this one doesn't really do anything for me. Maybe it's because it's not a new character and just a recolor, even though yes it was just a black pauldron on the sandtrooper but at least it meant it was a different soldier in my mind... I'll definitely be able to skip this one. I think. I hope.

I just noticed, it's definitely just a mask on top of the oni head. If you look at it closely you'll see the jaw is just red, while the rest is metallic, and you can see that the golden teeth and skull are just on top of it. You can also see ears and that the horns are not connected to the mask, but are coming through holes in it

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

excited to finally see more of this line. been quiet for awhile. cannot wait for the archer. Maul is looking a lot better than on the sketches. If Maul, Jango, and the Prototype is coming out this year, this leaves out all others for next year? They usually only release like 2/3 figures a year correct?

excited to finally see more of this line. been quiet for awhile. cannot wait for the archer. Maul is looking a lot better than on the sketches. If Maul, Jango, and the Prototype is coming out this year, this leaves out all others for next year? They usually only release like 2/3 figures a year correct?

They still have a spear trooper shown in a photo last year. Hopefully they can start making figures from the drawings.

Glad to see the line is still alive, but I have to admit that I'm getting a bit burned out with the same stuff getting put out that aren't much more than repaint after repaint. Even the Maul isn't that much of a departure from everything else. IG-88, the droids or the Gam Guard or Leia would have been a welcome departure right now. Just to freshen/liven things up a bit.

Glad to see the line is still alive, but I have to admit that I'm getting a bit burned out with the same stuff getting put out that aren't much more than repaint after repaint. Even the Maul isn't that much of a departure from everything else. IG-88, the droids or the Gam Guard or Leia would have been a welcome departure right now. Just to freshen/liven things up a bit.

Totally agree! That concept art was teased at least 2 years ago. I really wish they would announce more bounty hunters and side characters like the GG. That would really spice up the line and give it a 2nd wind after what seems to be a bit of a down period.

I hope for the next Event we will have something like this. If I could make a recolor and kitbash, Bandai can also.
Klyo head is Akazonae repaint, the body is Vader with little silver repaint and chestplate removed. For the Kylo robe I decided to go more samurai style so I made jinbaori - samurai jacket. Thinking to make silver edges on jinbaori as on hip armor, but am not sure is it too much for a knight of Ren. This is why he does not have any Empire/New order insignia.
Also I made accessory for Vader. Traditional samurai general chair and war fan. Nice samurai general pose from a Kurosawa film and Vader is on a whole new level of coolness.

Attachments

• IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg