Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've disassembled my fair share of bootlegs in this line, and the articulation and joints in the crotch / thigh area is much simpler on the bootlegs. It's a simple T and the legs are sometimes backwards or were put on the wrong side by the company, so it takes work sometimes to fix it. Last knockoff Maul I worked on for Revan I broke the waist joint when trying to pop the torso off, and I had to use a metal rod to rebuild the articulation inside the plastic...

Hope you can find a way to get the pose you'd like! :)
Really great advice, thanks! How does the hip joint in the OG figures differ? Love your customs btw :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Really great advice, thanks! How does the hip joint in the OG figures differ? Love your customs btw :)

Thanks for the kind words. ;) As for the difference, both use ball articulations in sockets, but the quality of the plastic on the knockoffs differs greatly and it is far more brittle, as such the joints will be a lot stiffer, or simply break when you try to force it a little, while the official figures are a lot less stiff while still offering good overall stability and friction. If the joints are too loose on a knockoff, you can try to put a dab of glue on the articulation and move it back and forth for a few minutes to make it a little more solid. If they are too stiff, you can use a hairdryer to heat up the plastic until it softens enough to move it without breaking, but it can be tricky and some of the knockoffs are pretty stiff even with that. I've found that some knockoffs are almost as good as the original (Stormtroopers for instance or Sohei Maul) while some others have a lot more risk of breakage (Royal Guards especially).

Thanks for the kind words. ;) As for the difference, both use ball articulations in sockets, but the quality of the plastic on the knockoffs differs greatly and it is far more brittle, as such the joints will be a lot stiffer, or simply break when you try to force it a little, while the official figures are a lot less stiff while still offering good overall stability and friction. If the joints are too loose on a knockoff, you can try to put a dab of glue on the articulation and move it back and forth for a few minutes to make it a little more solid. If they are too stiff, you can use a hairdryer to heat up the plastic until it softens enough to move it without breaking, but it can be tricky and some of the knockoffs are pretty stiff even with that. I've found that some knockoffs are almost as good as the original (Stormtroopers for instance or Sohei Maul) while some others have a lot more risk of breakage (Royal Guards especially).
Got maul coming in the mail so that's good to hear. I had to use copious amounts of super glue on Vader V2, boba and the stormie to get them to be presentable, bobas shoulder pad likes to fall off and Vader's legs seem to be different lengths but they're pretty good now.

Do you have the KO Vader V1? Always liked that one over death Star Vader and was wondering if the quality was good.

Got maul coming in the mail so that's good to hear. I had to use copious amounts of super glue on Vader V2, boba and the stormie to get them to be presentable, bobas shoulder pad likes to fall off and Vader's legs seem to be different lengths but they're pretty good now.

Do you have the KO Vader V1? Always liked that one over death Star Vader and was wondering if the quality was good.

No, so far I've had 2 Vader V2 and they were both pretty good quality-wise, I just received one recently for a Darth Malgus project. I'll let you know if I receive a V1 at some point. :)

No, so far I've had 2 Vader V2 and they were both pretty good quality-wise, I just received one recently for a Darth Malgus project. I'll let you know if I receive a V1 at some point. :)
Nice, looking forward to results. Not Star wars but I got a manga realisation cap coming for a green goblin custom, and honestly your work got me interested in movie realisation customs haha. Wish me luck!

Nice, looking forward to results. Not Star wars but I got a manga realisation cap coming for a green goblin custom, and honestly your work got me interested in movie realisation customs haha. Wish me luck!

Very flattered by that comment, I too started not long ago after seeing so many talented customers on these forums, so that means a lot to me. Good luck, and make sure to post pictures of your work or ask for tips as needed.

You guys are making great customs, but for the ones like who cannot know how to do that, I really hope they will produce new figures !

I just got my Snowtrooper. It is another amazing figure. Really hope to see another pre-order at the Tokyo Comic Con.

Really hope so too.
This line is so amazing and there are still many awesome figures they can make for Star Wars and Marvel

Too many Hot Toys hitting hard me this timing, also have one XM studio Darth Maul on the way so no budget left for these little guys :(..maybe next year though

Too many Hot Toys hitting hard me this timing, also have one XM studio Darth Maul on the way so no budget left for these little guys :(..maybe next year though

I am in the same boat, but I like this line so much I cannot pass.
And anyway they are releasing so few that will not be a problem I guess !

Repainting a knockoff sandtrooper to be more accurate to the character.
5063729256449cce236effd851dffb63.jpg
a613a3237ab3ceb60024757ba4fc7fe4.jpg
ab5c0b5a0c2ef8e3eda3f9afd4bf5a13.jpg
04dfc0fd98f2d464a13892345e0f6bee.jpg
56425252e890dadb329521e39f59e28c.jpg

That's some really nice weathering on that trooper! I was actually thinking of making a Mudtrooper at some point and those weathering techniques could be useful, I'll be sure to ask you how you did some of that when the time comes for that one (probably not for a while, got several projects planned before that) :) Keep up the good work! :)

That's some really nice weathering on that trooper! I was actually thinking of making a Mudtrooper at some point and those weathering techniques could be useful, I'll be sure to ask you how you did some of that when the time comes for that one (probably not for a while, got several projects planned before that) :) Keep up the good work! :)
Thanks!

There will be figures from this line for sale at the Tokyo Comic Con next weekend per the Tamashii Nations website. They are the ones that are already out but hopefully we will get a PO for something new next weekend.

At this point I will be happy even if they start selling FO Stormtroopers but I do hope they fix the head sculpts on those. Their faces are too small. Gamorrean Guards, Queen Amidala and Scout Trooper are my most wanted.

At this point I will be happy even if they start selling FO Stormtroopers but I do hope they fix the head sculpts on those. Their faces are too small. Gamorrean Guards, Queen Amidala and Scout Trooper are my most wanted.

I agree about FO troopers.
I would rather Phasma or Kylo Ren though.

But like you my most wanted are Gamorrean, Amidala, Scout trooper, but also R2D2 since we have C3PO on its way and Wolverine since I am also a big fan of what they are making in Marvel.

Back