T4 DVD question.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys maybe someone can answer this question... I have a HIDEF TV 50" flat screen and my PS3 is what I use for watching my movies. Let me say HELL YEAH BLURAY looks amazing while watching a movie in 1080P ESPECIALLY the DARK KNIGHT. But I was a bit disappointed when I compared my BLURAY T3 that is suppose to be 1080P to the STANDARD VERSION and I really don't see a whole hell of a difference. What gives. Thanks, Mike

What kind of HDMI cable are you using?? I've noticed also that some older movies that have come out on blu-ray aren't really that different than just plain dvds.

Any hdmi cable that works is good enough. Don't fall for the gold plated monster cable scams. It's a digital signal so either it works or it doesn't.

Also, if you're playing your dvd's on your blu-ray player, they're probably being upconverted to 1080i anyway.

FYI for anyone interested, I just picked up my copy of the Blu-ray extended version in the steel book about half an hour ago. It has only one disc but it is the extended cut with the following extras

BEHIND THE SCENES DOCUMENTARIES:

RE-FORGING THE FUTURE
THE MOTO-TERMINATOR
11 MINUTE DOCUMENTARY ON THE STATE-OF-THE-ART SPECIAL EFFECTS
EXTRA ONLY ON BLU-RAY IS MAXIMUM MOVIE MODE, BD LIVE AND MOVIE IQ

Cheers :D

I wonder why the Blu-Ray release date is 12-1 and Steel Book came out early. Regardless that is cool for you.

FYI for anyone interested, I just picked up my copy of the Blu-ray extended version in the steel book about half an hour ago. It has only one disc but it is the extended cut with the following extras

BEHIND THE SCENES DOCUMENTARIES:

RE-FORGING THE FUTURE
THE MOTO-TERMINATOR
11 MINUTE DOCUMENTARY ON THE STATE-OF-THE-ART SPECIAL EFFECTS
EXTRA ONLY ON BLU-RAY IS MAXIMUM MOVIE MODE, BD LIVE AND MOVIE IQ

Cheers :D

I wonder why the Blu-Ray release date is 12-1 and Steel Book came out early. Regardless that is cool for you.

I was a bit surprised when I went in the shop and found it as I only went in to see if they were going to be getting it in on Monday but they already had it. The 1st of Dec is not that far off so you don't have long to wait, I wonder what the difference will be with the 3 disc version? Cheers :D

Back