Statue T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It blows my mind that SS genuinely thinks this is a "quality" collectible. Not only does he look like he's about to take a huge dump, but the paint finish reminds me of Necas endoskeleton. Piss poor effort on their part.

Had some free time on my hands today.... Wondered how it would look just slightly raised, legs closer together. A bit of an improvement I'd say. I can't help but wonder if a bit of hot air and gentle pressure applied to just the right areas could even make this a possibility. Polystone and plastic are flexible under heat afterall....

Screenshot%2066_zpshdslq7r0.jpg

Screenshot%2068_zpsuwoitxto.jpg

I dont mind the pose so much but it annoys me that this isnt accurate to the design of the T1 endo. I do however love the added details in the chest cavity and would be one of the only reasons to make me get this.

Actually, just looking at the upper body and the right leg THAT is the typical T2 endoskeleton pose with the plasma rifle. The only thing distracting from the pose is the left leg being bent outwards the same as the right and giving him that wide stance. Really don't understand how this pose was deemed okay by Sideshow, when only a slight tweak to the left leg - pulling it in more straight down - would look so much better.

Posing has never been a SS strong suit.

They go overboard with it for sure.

Easy pass here. I'll be happy with my Chronicle Genisys 1:4 when it arrives; no inaccuracies, and the finish looks pretty nice on the more recent pics.

What I'd really be interested in from Sideshow, is a T2 Arnold that's half-decent. Non-BD. And, an interesting T-1000. Hoping that happens sooner rather than later.

^It's not chrome by any means, but certainly better than the flat silver that's on offer from SS. The lights bouncing off it in all the right places, and the tonal values are good -i.e. the inards are painted a darker colour than the "chassis."

I don't see how anyone could say this piece of art hasn't had more effort put into it than the other.

^It's not chrome by any means, but certainly better than the flat silver that's on offer from SS. The lights bouncing off it in all the right places, and the tonal values are good -i.e. the inards are painted a darker colour than the "chassis."

I don't see how anyone could say this piece of art hasn't had more effort put into it than the other.

"Lights bounching off", "tonal values": how to sell mediocrity with fancy words. "It's not a used car. It's pre-owned!"

In regards to who wins in the effort department, one figure was printed - on a bad printer - from a digital file, the other was hand sculpted. All-in-all, I'd take Sideshow's piece all day e'ryday.

yea... one was printed by legacy fx from the film files while the other was sculpted and not even an accurate endo.. much less one from T1. makes sense

Back