Swapping Hot Toys True Type Body Parts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichAlot

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm working on converting a few figures from Art S. Bucks to True Types and I've run into a bit of a problem. The narrow shoulder True Type's shoulders and upper body are a great fit (clothing wise) for the figures, but the legs are too muscular. Likewise, the legs on the slim-version True Type are a perfect fit for the pants, but the upper body is too slim. Has anyone successfully Dr. Frankensteined a narrow shoulder True Type upper body with a slim-version True Type's legs? I tried unscrewing the screw on the inner legs, but it looks like there might be a sonic weld keeping them together. Anyone have any tips on how to accomplish this?

You can pull them out at the knee joint, and use the thinner lower legs, but that still leaves the thighs...don't know if that's helpful or not. I used that trick when converting Bucks, since a lot of times the boots won't fit the calves on the truetype.

I swapped out and put a slim body from waist up with the lower part of a standard and changed out my TDK Batman Body. Never tried the legs

You could always take some sandpaper and sand the thighs down. I've sanded true types before, and you can shave quite a bit of plastic off of them before they'll wear through.

You could always take some sandpaper and sand the thighs down. I've sanded true types before, and you can shave quite a bit of plastic off of them before they'll wear through.

I'd prefer to just swap them if possible. Sanding can get messy and I don't know how much I need to take off the legs for them to fit. I'd rather place my bet on the sure fit.

Back