SW VS. LOTR #5: Darth Maul VS. Lurtz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Maul VS. Lurtz

• Darth Maul

Votes: 62 67.4%
  • Lurtz

Votes: 30 32.6%

• Total voters
Wow, what a lopsided vote so far! Lurtz is just so much cooler than Maul. Plus I like Lawrence Makoare better than Ray Park. :p

This is a tough one. Both are secondary characters, both killed a major hero, and both were dispatched by another major hero (and close comrade of the fallen hero).

Darth Maul may be the (slightly) cooler looking of the two, but he is not nearly as manacing in his appearance. Case in point - a friend of mine recently decided that he wanted to add a new statue to his home theater. He really wanted a Lurtz PF, but ended up going with a Darth Maul statue. Why? Not because Maul was cooler, but because he was afraid that the Lurtz statue would be too frightening for his young children.

Maul may be more evil, but Lurtz strikes fear on a more primal level. For that reason, I think I'll vote for Lurtz.

RoboDad said:
Darth Maul may be the (slightly) cooler looking of the two, but he is not nearly as manacing in his appearance. Case in point - a friend of mine recently decided that he wanted to add a new statue to his home theater. He really wanted a Lurtz PF, but ended up going with a Darth Maul statue. Why? Not because Maul was cooler, but because he was afraid that the Lurtz statue would be too frightening for his young children.

Wow, really; my kids are far more spooked by the Darth Maul bust than the Lurtz PF - granted, they are not big fans of either. They much prefer Sam and Bill.

:lol

My kids think Darth Maul is cool and like him because he is a Star Wars character, but they will have absolutely nothing to do with the Lurtz PF. Don't want to be in the same room with it. Of course, I don't have the Maul bust, and I'm sure that it would freak them out as well because of its size and realism. I think that both characters would scare a kid if they met them in person.

Darth Maul - Should have kept him alive for the sequels - Even Lucas admits it was a mistake to kill him.

Did not bother me one bit when Lurtz met his demise. Looked like just another Uri-kai to me.

MAUL! MAUL! MAUL! No contest. :maul what's next? Lucas vs. Tolkien or Peter Jackson? The Force vs. The Ring? Ewoks vs. hobbits?!?! I am seriously biased and will vote sw no matter what. Even for those damn ewoks. Waitaminit, Han lost to freakin' Hildalgo?!?

Last edited:
Hey Buffy-Collector, how do you like your PF Buffy? I got mine Wednesday and Sideshow did not disappoint. It's awesome!!:monkey5

buffy-collector said:
Even though I love sw and Maul I choose Lurtz due to his coolness factor.

You voted Lurtz on the basis of Coolness factor !!!! I can't even see how you could do that. Lurtz was on screen for like 4 minutes, his fight scene lasted less than 30 seconds, and you didn't know anything about him. Maul was actually NAMED in the movie, had acrobatic fighting ninja skills, had a double-sided lightsaber, and took on a jedi master and a future jedi master at the same time. I still don't see how Lurtz could be cooler.....

Back