SW Toys x Master Team Lady of Space and Time (alternate look)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you live in the UK?
Sometimes. Just shoot them a message and ask if they can declare a lower value if you’re worried about VAT fees. If not, then shop around from other sellers and ask the same thing.
Buying in-stock items on eBay is easy… the only real risk comes in when you’re either a) pre-ordering and/or b) buying a too-good-to-be-true deal from a seller with zero feedback or low ratings.

Sometimes. Just shoot them a message and ask if they can declare a lower value if you’re worried about VAT fees. If not, then shop around from other sellers and ask the same thing.
Buying in-stock items on eBay is easy… the only real risk comes in when you’re either a) pre-ordering and/or b) buying a too-good-to-be-true deal from a seller with zero feedback or low ratings.
Does eBay not take the vat straight away or do you have to wait for customs do you know?

Does eBay not take the vat straight away or do you have to wait for customs do you know?
Unless something with eBay changed in the last year or so. Did they, of all places, get suckered in with that “pre-paid” VAT nonsense? I thought it still wasn’t tacked on until local arrival since they’re not a physical storefront or anything. Shame if not; I’m clearly misinformed.

Unless something with eBay changed in the last year or so. Did they, of all places, get suckered in with that “pre-paid” VAT nonsense? I thought it still wasn’t tacked on until local arrival since they’re not a physical storefront or anything. Shame if not; I’m clearly misinformed.
I don't know, you know some eBay listings have the price + tax, but some don't, so I don't know

I've had a look at this, do you understand this?
Screenshot_2023-07-11-17-14-08-714-edit_com.opera.browser.jpg

Lol ok--items over £135 aren't collected directly by eBay and you'll still pay those to customs when the shipment arrives locally, which is normal, assuming you've bought anything internationally before.

In other words, if the seller can declare lower value for the item when it's being shipped, which shouldn't be affected by what you're actually paying for the item through eBay, you'll just pay UK customs after port arrival whatever costs are applicable based on the value the seller set when they shipped it.

If in doubt, the total will probably show before you finish checking out. You'll know if VAT is being collected by eBay before you pay it, lol.

Last edited:
Lol ok--items over £135 aren't collected directly by eBay and you'll still pay those to customs when the shipment arrives locally, which is normal, assuming you've bought anything internationally before.

In other words, if the seller can declare lower value for the item when it's being shipped, which shouldn't be affected by what you're actually paying for the item through eBay, you'll just pay UK customs after port arrival whatever costs are applicable based on the value the seller set when they shipped it.

If in doubt, the total will probably show before you finish checking out. You'll know if VAT is being collected by eBay before you pay it, lol.
Oh right ok, thank you

I want to add an update to this, so I have bought a few figures since this post from ebay and I have asked some of those sellers to declare a low value but they do it through the speedpak shipping method and it doesn't matter what they do, ebay overrides it with their own customs declaration with the actual price so I was charged anyway

I want to add an update to this, so I have bought a few figures since this post from ebay and I have asked some of those sellers to declare a low value but they do it through the speedpak shipping method and it doesn't matter what they do, ebay overrides it with their own customs declaration with the actual price so I was charged anyway
That’s insanely unfortunate and shocking... deepest apologies if I gave you wrong information. I know eBay never receives packages and I have never heard of them working with local or foreign customs to override any sort of declaration or shipment information. In fact, I don’t think customs even has a way to know it’s through eBay.
Did eBay themselves collect the VAT fees after the fact on customs behalf???

Any updates to this figure?
Not that I'm aware of
That’s insanely unfortunate and shocking... deepest apologies if I gave you wrong information. I know eBay never receives packages and I have never heard of them working with local or foreign customs to override any sort of declaration or shipment information. In fact, I don’t think customs even has a way to know it’s through eBay.
Did eBay themselves collect the VAT fees after the fact on customs behalf???
It's not your fault, I don't know really how it happened. I bought one figure from eBay which was shipped via Yanwen, got through no problem without any charges. But the other 3 were speed Pak and I believe what has happened is eBay probably forces them to print off a declaration sticker of the actual price, one parcel had a sticker where it was declared as I requested but there was another which had the actual price and I have seen a similar sticker on a cheap item (shipped via speed Pak) I had bought from eBay which was like £3 but I had to pay VAT straight up on eBay anyway so I think if the seller ships through speed Pak, they have to print off eBay's declaration whatever, I could be wrong, but that is what I believe.

I forgot to mention, 2 out of those 3 figures, I had bought as one order, the seller shipped one of the figures through Yanwen, then the other via Speed Pak, the Yanwen one came and no charges, then the speedpak one came was I was charged for both figures through customs.

Back