Supreme Court has spoken - No need for investigation into Ohio Voter Fraud

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, listening to Rush now, and it's just one big Colin Powell bash, it's getting a little old.

Powell backing Obama was a surprise, for me at least.

Yeah, listening to Rush now, and it's just one big Colin Powell bash, it's getting a little old.

Powell backing Obama was a surprise, for me at least.

So did most people I know. I think the only reason people like Rush are citing race for why Powell endorsed Obama is because it was reported some time back that he was leaning Obama's way. If there was no report a few months ago, this would come as much more of a surprise and I don't think race would be seen as the primary reason, but rather the tenor of the campaign. In any event, Republicans have endorsed Obama already, so to say it is a race thing would be ignorant and unfounded.

I wonder how much this endorsement hurts Obama, if at all.

Who cares?
He's another one who was wrong about the surge in Iraq.
His son (Former FCC chairman)is campaigning for McCain....
but again who cares who endorses who?

I certainly don't care. It is the comment of Rush, not the endorsement of Powell that is the point.

So did most people I know. I think the only reason people like Rush are citing race for why Powell endorsed Obama is because it was reported some time back that he was leaning Obama's way. If there was no report a few months ago, this would come as much more of a surprise and I don't think race would be seen as the primary reason, but rather the tenor of the campaign. In any event, Republicans have endorsed Obama already, so to say it is a race thing would be ignorant and unfounded.

I wonder how much this endorsement hurts Obama, if at all.

It doesnt hurt Obama at all nor does it help.
Obama is already trying to work him into his cabinet if he's elected.

Then why did you post this?

A sidenote to the other post. The evolution: I posted about the Limbaugh comments. Mesa responded, saying he was surprised about the endoresement. I added that so was everyone I know, then asked (since we were talking about the endoresement now) if it hurst him. See, not my original intent, hence it was a sidenote :)

obamanfart.jpg

Whats your proof for that assertion?

Um...it was a opinion. Obama has been a consistent praiser for Powell, a 4 star general, and with his experience, I assumed that he would have always been part of Obama's team. It is like me saying "Chuck Hagel was always going to be part of Obama's administration." No proof, my assumption is that. See?

Um...it was a opinion. Obama has been a consistent praiser for Powell, a 4 star general, and with his experience, I assumed that he would have always been part of Obama's team. It is like me saying "Chuck Hagel was always going to be part of Obama's administration." No proof, my assumption is that. See?

Yet it wasnt stated as an opinion.
Maybe Rush was right.
Would Obama or the dems have such high praise for a similarly accomplished caucasian individual who served in the
Bush Administration and got up in front of the U.N. assembly and made the "false" case for invasion of Iraq?
I hardly think so.
It seems Obama is running against everyone and everything connected to the Bush years except for one particular individual.
Interesting...
Perhaps Powell was deceived by the rest of the administration.:horror

Yet it wasnt stated as an opinion.
Maybe Rush was right.
Would Obama or the dems have such high praise for a similarly accomplished caucasian individual who served in the
Bush Administration and got up in front of the U.N. assembly and made the "false" case for invasion of Iraq.
I hardly think so.
It seems Obama is running against everyone and everything connected to the Bush years except for one particular individual.
Interesting...
Perhaps Powell was deceived by the rest of the administration.:horror

It's simple. Obama accepts endorsements of those in the Bush Administration ready to change the direction of the country. So far, only Powell has done that. Think of it as McCain accepting Hillary supporters or Lieberman on his team. Mistakes are made, but in the end if you can admit that then politicians will welcome you with open arms.

And you forgot:

"In my opinion it doesnt hurt Obama at all nor does it help."

At this point aren't everything we say about administrations and what helps and hurts the candidates opinions? We have to play the waiting game to see if opinions pan out...

We agree. Powell was always going to be a part of Obama's administration.

Whats your proof for that assertion?

I've heard Obama mention he plans on having Powell as an advisor, either formally or informally. Those were Obama's words, or something close to them.

Rush also mentioned that another motivation for this support is to get a position in Obama's cabinet, but that doesn't make sense to me since I'm sure Powell isn't hurting for the money and I'd think he'd want to keep his somewhat conserative ideals.

It's simple. Obama accepts endorsements of those in the Bush Administration ready to change the direction of the country. So far, only Powell has done that. Think of it as McCain accepting Hillary supporters or Lieberman on his team. Mistakes are made, but in the end if you can admit that then politicians will welcome you with open arms.

And you forgot:

"In my opinion it doesnt hurt Obama at all nor does it help."

At this point aren't everything we say about administrations and what helps and hurts the candidates opinions? We have to play the waiting game to see if opinions pan out...

Its just political posturing on Obamas and Powells part.
Obama is looking for political gravitos to shore up his foreign policy street cred.
While Powell is looking to repair his legacy as the Bush front man for invasion.
I lost a lot of respect for Powell when he declined to come forward
and clear up the whole Valerie Plame Wilson debacle that his lackey
Richard Armitage actually caused not Cheney or Scooter Libby.

I've heard Obama mention he plans on having Powell as an advisor, either formally or informally. Those were Obama's words, or something close to them.

Rush also mentioned that another motivation for this support is to get a position in Obama's cabinet, but that doesn't make sense to me since I'm sure Powell isn't hurting for the money and I'd think he'd want to keep his somewhat conserative ideals.

Obama mentioned it after Powells endorsement not before.
It wouldve been major news if he had said it before.

Powell would be a good addition to the Cabinet - it shows Obama trying to be a more middle-roader and the guy's smart and brings military experience that Obama desperately needs.

You're right, but I always thought of Powell as a middle-road conservative, similarly to Chuck Hagel. IMO Powell stating he would not campaign for Obama spoke volumes, as he is still true to form a Republican. Obama would be foolish not to offer a position to Powell, since it shows he is willing to reach across party lines. But I agree, to say this is why Powell endorsed is just as foolish.

I had hoped that Powell was going to surprise everyone and announce a last minute endorsement of me, but now it looks like that's not going to happen.

:banghead

Back