Superman Returns MMS 14 advice on smell!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garysykes35

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am now the proud owner of a Brandon Routh Superman! He is pushing ten years old though and he has a musky/old smell.

Is there anything I can do to freshen him up? I did think of Febreeze (a fabric sent booster/odour eliminator for our friends accros the pond!) but I didn't want to risk staining him!

It could be that just having him on display would air him out but just wanted to get some advice from the experts please! IMG_4510.jpg

Not sure, but in the past I've dealt with figures smelling of cigarette smoke by putting them in a large, gallon-sized zip-loc bag with a couple of dryer sheets. After a few days, the odor got absorbed by the dryer sheets and the figure had no real smell at all.

Not sure, but in the past I've dealt with figures smelling of cigarette smoke by putting them in a large, gallon-sized zip-loc bag with a couple of dryer sheets. After a few days, the odor got absorbed by the dryer sheets and the figure had no real smell at all.

Cool. Thank you

I wouldn't spray chemicals on him unless it was a very last resort. Another idea would be airing him out by putting him outside in a safe, covered spot for awhile. But that dryer sheet thing may work.

If you have a mini air compressor I would try blowing some air on the suit to get any dust out.

After that I would recommend putting him in a rubbermaid container with a box of arm and hammer baking soda (the one you put in your fridge). It should help absorb any odors the figure has assuming it wasn't dipped in a bucket of fish and roled in poop. After that you could use a dryer sheet but make sure it doesn't touch the figure because it could stain the suit.

agreed with Kara and Flosi. I've done the dryer sheet method and it works wonders

Congrats on the acquisition.

The dryer sheet method and/or simply letting the figure air out have been the most common two methods I've read.

Just wanted to say a quick thank you! Whilst on holiday in Franc last month I finally found some dryer sheets! I couldn't get them in my usual supermarket and had checked a couple of other places out. Two weeks on and Returns Supes is smelling fresh still! Cheers guys

Back