Superman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman PF: Classic or nuDC

• Total voters
But regardless of how much you troll your opinion that his behavior his human, which we all agree with, it doesn't change the fact that Superman is from another planet, which by default, makes him an alien. :huh

You know that's a manip and he's wearing a muscle suit don't you? He's in fantastic shape and looks great but he's getting some help there.

I confess I'm not fond of the new suit but he still looks awesome in it.

superman-shirtless-02.jpg

Muscle suit huh? More like the Spartan workout.

What makes Kryptonians inhuman? :dunno

Aren't they just ____ sapiens living on a world where the gravitational and solar conditions are such that if you transplant them to earth, they have superpowers?

What's so human about doing the right thing? Anyone can do it. What makes Superman doing the right thing important is that his alien heritage has given him powers to do it on a scale unimaginable to, and impossible for, Earthlings.

Superman's defining characteristic is the fact that he is not from Earth. What distinguishes him from villains is his moral character, which honestly, is more associable with his upbringing according to middle American values than it is to anything else. Most humans disparage that morality, last I checked. They write it off as naive, or simple, or judgmental, or any other number of condescending estimates.

If this Superman PF is anything but Classic looking Christopher Reeve/Dean Cain, then I ain't buying. Simple as that. Red trunks or not.

Much like the original Marvel releases, these will be generic, comic inspired interpretations. The Joker pretty much proved that. The question is which artist will be the base.

Then I think you will be in luck. The odds are very high that the real Superman will be what we get.

I even think the comics will revert back to the original at some point, its only a matter of time once the new movie flops.

superman-shirtless-02.jpg

Muscle suit huh? More like the Spartan workout.

Yes it's a muscle suit. Go and check Eyesskyward or Superherohype or any other Superman site for further discussion if you seriously doubt it. There is no way that level of definition would remain when that sort of suit is worn no matter how ripped Henry is, and he is definitely in amazing shape. You can see a vein in his arm for goodness sake. It's impossible. But it doesn't matter. What matters is how he looks and he looks fantastic even though the suit is horrible.

Here he is so you can see he's in outstanding shape but the muscle suit restores the definition lost by the tightness of the suit.

supermansetpicsbeard265.jpg

Last edited:
Not to mention that if the new movie flops then it leaves the families open waters to remove DC of their rights to the Superman film since there is a specific stipulation about having the character on film since the 90s.

As Superman fans of any caliber, I can't imagine why anyone would want the new film to flop by any means whether you like the costume or not, unless you want your favorite character picked clean by both stakeholders and molested into something unrecognizable. You don't like this incarnation? What until the families and DC fight over what is who's and then see what good ol' Kal looks like after that.

Not to mention that if the new movie flops then it leaves the families open waters to remove DC of their rights to the Superman film since there is a specific stipulation about having the character on film since the 90s.

As Superman fans of any caliber, I can't imagine why anyone would want the new film to flop by any means whether you like the costume or not, unless you want your favorite character picked clean by both stakeholders and molested into something unrecognizable. You don't like this incarnation? What until the families and DC fight over what is who's and then see what good ol' Kal looks like after that.

elecsupeadv551.jpg

Hopefully they go with the Alex Ross Superman.
Always liked the best. He looks the grandest.

That's what I think too!

I remember about two years ago, at Comicon, there were rumors that DC was going to lose the Superman rights and that they would end up in Marvel's hands.

Of course, these were rumors, but that's honnestly what I hope will happen at some time. DC must lose the rights to Superman. What have they been able to achieve with the character over the past 40 years?

Two great movies and two good TV series, the rest being absolute crap!
In the meantime, Marvel makes good movies!

And now this reboot?

Give the rights back to the Siegel/Shuster family so that they can sell them to someone who can actually use them right!

DC sucks!

I even think the comics will revert back to the original at some point, its only a matter of time once the new movie flops.

LOL, there's no going back. Previous storyline and environment are way too old. That's why they, DC, reset it to reflect modern day living. That's how they relate to more buyers.

"Understand this, things are now in motion that cannot be undone." - Gandalf, LOTR - The Return of the King.

Back