SUPERMADTOYS 1/6 Bionic Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome. I’m creating an account and ordering later today.
He looks great. They went for exactly what I would I would have wanted with this figure.
Another of my ‘most wanted’ toys can be ticked off.

Looks good but maybe needs a bigger body. That body looks about 20-30 pounds too light.

Actually, it might be a bit too big in the upper chest, if you go by this picture (Which also shows that maybe the alternate head should have had a mustache....).

8c943f48a82b052f85d6d92debfb3dbe.jpg

WOW!!!! Someone Finally Did it!!!! I Forgot who was the first to make custom Six Million Dollar man Figures????

/

Will KG Hobby add a shipping charge to this order?

I paid 20% via Paypal. Will they send me an invoice for the balance when it's due?
I jumped in and (possibly foolishly?) paid the full amount up front so can't comment on the invoice part but can tell you they'll charge for shipping. I paid £15 GBP for standard HK post to the UK, there was also a courier option available for about £30.

Very cool, 16k!

I hope someone ends up doing some "generic 70s safari" suit that we could use!

Thanks man,

And you know, what Bionic Joe doesn't say in his post is that he is actually the guy who made them years ago. I'm just one of the buyer. He also made Oscar. I bought a head from him. What's cool is that he shrank down the original Kenner heads, resculpted the back of the head and cast them in an awesome flesh resin. Sure, these are a bit dated compared to what you get now, but I like the idea that their a transition between then and now and keep the feel of the original!

Fantastic customs! good thing Supermad tackled SMDM, now everybody gets a chance to get a 70s Cyborg

Thanks man,

And you know, what Bionic Joe doesn't say in his post is that he is actually the guy who made them years ago. I'm just one of the buyer. He also made Oscar. I bought a head from him. What's cool is that he shrank down the original Kenner heads, resculpted the back of the head and cast them in an awesome flesh resin. Sure, these are a bit dated compared to what you get now, but I like the idea that their a transition between then and now and keep the feel of the original!

Awesome work, Bionic Joe! :clap

I actually like that it's the original head! Like you said, it keeps the feel of the original.

Thanks Guys! I've been out of the Hobby for a few years due to EXTREME financial difficulties.....and lack of a model maker job here in Chicago...I'm doing ok..now..not great but ok. I stumbled on the Steve Austin Figure and that RIGHT then and at that Moment got me back....I'm having my buddy drive to my house as we speak to return ALL of my molds...Now I need to buy another pressure pot, oven..compressor, etc. the magic will happen again I'm sure...this is TOO fun to let something that puts a warm feeling in your chest when you look at a cool figure on a shelf! Like a little Kid! Love it! I picked up my first 1/6 scale fig a few months ago..a Toys McCoy Steve McQueen Hunter figure!!! I'll see if my Mego 1/9 scale heads are there in the box as well!

Thanks Guys! I've been out of the Hobby for a few years due to EXTREME financial difficulties.....and lack of a model maker job here in Chicago...I'm doing ok..now..not great but ok. I stumbled on the Steve Austin Figure and that RIGHT then and at that Moment got me back....I'm having my buddy drive to my house as we speak to return ALL of my molds...Now I need to buy another pressure pot, oven..compressor, etc. the magic will happen again I'm sure...this is TOO fun to let something that puts a warm feeling in your chest when you look at a cool figure on a shelf! Like a little Kid! Love it! I picked up my first 1/6 scale fig a few months ago..a Toys McCoy Steve McQueen Hunter figure!!! I'll see if my Mego 1/9 scale heads are there in the box as well!

Glad to hear you're doing better and are (almost) back in business. I loved your customs and would certainly be up for more. I'd happily buy a 1/6 and a Mego sized head from you. Those wouldn't even have to be painted. Raw casts would do the trick. You should also strongly consider making neckless heads. They'd be awesome on those more modern bodies.

I hope we'll hear from you soon! :duff

This is great but it makes me wonder why we can't get an official 12" version. Bif Bang Pow has done 3¾" and 8" already.

Well, I think it's pretty obvious. You just have to check the posters in that thread to see they're probably less than 10. It's an old licence. Most of my students have no freaking idea who Steve Austin is and those who do say he's a wrestler. I'm an older fan, and it appeals to older guys like me. Heck! Even as a fan, I passed BBP's earlier offerings, not being interested in 3/4" figs and thinking the likeness on the 1/8" was too poor to even consider buying. So I'm guessing than an official licence would only produce costly shelf warmers... :(

The wrestler comment made me laugh. Unfortunately it’s true.
It’s Shanghai Comic Con in a couple of days. Hoping to see this up close.

Back