SUPERMADTOYS 1/6 Bionic Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I think it's pretty obvious. You just have to check the posters in that thread to see they're probably less than 10. It's an old licence. Most of my students have no freaking idea who Steve Austin is and those who do say he's a wrestler. I'm an older fan, and it appeals to older guys like me. Heck! Even as a fan, I passed BBP's earlier offerings, not being interested in 3/4" figs and thinking the likeness on the 1/8" was too poor to even consider buying. So I'm guessing than an official licence would only produce costly shelf warmers... :(

Sadly that's true. I did get the one BBP 8" Steve just for nostalgia's sake, but it was a pretty crappy effort. The 3 3/4 wasn't worth it to me.

:lol about the wrestler thing too! I look for custom 1/6 headsculpts on ebay every once in a while and all I ever get back are hits for the wrestler!

View attachment 368929

One of the Last Ones I did.

Very nice!:clap

:lol about the wrestler thing too! I look for custom 1/6 headsculpts on ebay every once in a while and all I ever get back are hits for the wrestler!

:lol actually, and it shows my age I guess, I'd never heard of Stone Cold Steve Austin before I did just like you: look for custom Austin heads on eBay! Since then, I've always wondered if that was his real name or if it was an homage to the series. If not, I don't get Austin parents calling their son Steve! Luckily, they weren't fans of grandizer!

Bionic Joe! This is great, man. First, we are finally getting a new 1/6 Steve and now, Bionic Joe is back! This is like Christmas, man.

Bionic Joe is responsible for keeping the SMDM dream alive for all of these years. He has commissioned every custom Austin head I've ever seen on the 1/6 scene. I'm very glad to see him getting some respect for his years of devotion. He even got Chris Howes to deliver an Austin sculpt, one of the last sculpts Howes did before vanishing with people's money on here.

I'm looking forward to all things Steve Austin!

Well, except for the wrestler...and that guy's real name is Steve WILLIAMS by the way, but couldn't use it because there was a well known wrestler named Dr. DEATH Steve Williams.

I'm a nerd.

I've got two of those Chris Howes head. I paid for one, he sent me two as an excuse for being late and then poof! He vanished with people's money!

Actually, I've been contemplating modding it for a moment now. Resculpt the hair, the philtrum and the mouth slightly, add a little texture here and there and make it neckless. I just need to find the time... :(

Hey Good to be back...putting my bass playing music career on hold...getting back into the figs....Can't wait for the Steve Austin fig!!! Hey....do you guys think I should start selling some of my Old Steve Austin heads cast in the vinyl type resin again??? They can easily be painted with acrylic paints... Thoughts?? Also...I'm out of it and looking for a deadly painter...any thoughts???

Ok Cool. I'm getting the Molding/Casting stuff together. will be here shortly

I think I could see there being a bit of interest in an officially licensed Steve Austin figure...Get one of the big wig artists over at HT to do the sculpt/paint, come up with a better design for a bionic eye, and add in bionic modules in the arm/legs...And give us the other characters: Maskatron, Bigfoot, and we really need a good Oscar, specially with the passing of Richard Anderson...I really think there could be alot of interest in this...The "younger" crowd is becoming more familiar with who the character is, who the actor that played him is...Not to say this figure is not a good rendition, but to do a licensed figure, it would probably take HT or even VTS or Art Figures to do it...

I loved the $6 million dollar man show and still do...I have every season on DVD and rewatch certain episodes constantly...Yea, it may be dated, but it's still better than half of whats on tv today...I also loved the Kenner figures...My main complaint was I wish they had done them in 12 inch scale to blend more with other 12 inch figures...And I liked the bionic arm lifting mechanism on the figure...I was not crazy about the "bionic grip" or the later bionic arm with no seperate modules though...That just looked weird to me...

More pics from their facebook page:

21272546_1782819562015624_2673090252706966596_n.jpg

Dayum - I'm in.:clap

Seems to be bit of variation in price from seller to seller for this fig - at least more than I've noticed before.

I think I could see there being a bit of interest in an officially licensed Steve Austin figure...Get one of the big wig artists over at HT to do the sculpt/paint, come up with a better design for a bionic eye, and add in bionic modules in the arm/legs...And give us the other characters: Maskatron, Bigfoot, and we really need a good Oscar, specially with the passing of Richard Anderson...I really think there could be alot of interest in this...The "younger" crowd is becoming more familiar with who the character is, who the actor that played him is...Not to say this figure is not a good rendition, but to do a licensed figure, it would probably take HT or even VTS or Art Figures to do it...

I loved the $6 million dollar man show and still do...I have every season on DVD and rewatch certain episodes constantly...Yea, it may be dated, but it's still better than half of whats on tv today...I also loved the Kenner figures...My main complaint was I wish they had done them in 12 inch scale to blend more with other 12 inch figures...And I liked the bionic arm lifting mechanism on the figure...I was not crazy about the "bionic grip" or the later bionic arm with no seperate modules though...That just looked weird to me...

You are dreaming!

Steve Austin doesn't wear an armor, has no bat ears or a madman's grin, so there's no interest for HT.

Besides, I do prefer a quite accurate Steve at $100 than a bare figure at $250. So, go! Supermadtoys!:)

You are dreaming!

Steve Austin doesn't wear an armor, has no bat ears or a madman's grin, so there's no interest for HT.

Besides, I do prefer a quite accurate Steve at $100 than a bare figure at $250. So, go! Supermadtoys!:)

Ok, yea you got me on that one...lol....But I could still see VTS or Art Figures doing a licensed version...They probably won't, but I could see it...lol...

I think this is a pretty good effort by Supermad Toys. I never thought any company, certainly not HT, but even these bootleg companies, would ever do a Steve. I always hoped though.

But I also do wish they could or would expand the line and do the other characters as well. I would love to get the full 70s line of Oscar, Jaimie, Maskatron, Fembot and Sasquatch! And I would love to get at least one of Steve’s signature 70s safari khaki suits. I’m really hoping some bootlegger out there will do a run of the clothes.

This above one...oh Geez...Nevermind..It's one of mine....Been so long I forgot!!!!
Very glad to know is one of your creations, I got it from a fellow collector friend sometime ago, I painted the head and am extreamly happy with it and even if I get the new Steve Austin figure...yours is staying in the collection, you did a great job.

Any update? It was up for preorder on Monkey Depot, now I don't see it on there.

Back