Succession - HBO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
angry-anger.gif

I thought Ken's ultimate heel turn was mashing Roman's face into his shoulder to intentionally cause the bleeding to makre Roman looked unstable to everyone in the meeting. I am reading that scene correctly, right? That was not a moment of brotherly love....that was a demonstration of dominance. And when they got into a real physical fight minutes later, first thing he did was go right for that face again, with both hands. Dude is a psycho.

And let's not pretend Shiv backed out for any other reason than she was fuming with rage while seeing Ken put his feet up on their dad's desk. That was all it took. She could not stand to see that happen.

They really are that petty, despite having (their last?) night of actually connecting as siblings.

And no, I don't feel sorry for them. They're all rather awful people, and they all get to live their days in opulent comfort with all their billions of dollars of daddy's money.

Like I said earlier, I really REALLY liked the finale. I just didn't enjoy spending that much time with the family before that in order to appreciate that final payoff episode, but I suppose it was necessary.

One thing I will certainly never miss is the constant "yeah?" "Yeah?" "yeah?" that all the characters add to the end of every sentence. That's so jarring. Do people really talk like that?

I actually love the “Yeah?” because there are definitely family-specific phrasing quirks that become rooted in your vocabulary and it seemed like it slowly made its way to characters like Tom and Greg, etc after they had been spending significant time with the core family. I know I’ve incorporated stuff from other close friends and family after spending a lot of time with them. It felt organic to me and a clever way of showing growing familiarity. That said, I may be giving them more credit than they deserve if that’s not how it played out, I haven’t gone back and rewatched all the earlier episodes in a bit. If everyone not within the inner circle was always talking like that through the whole show then I take back my compliment lol.

So glad Ken fell flat on his face at the end. Let's remember Ken saying he loved his siblings, but wasn't in love with them. As soon as he was CEO, he would have dropped them both like a hot potato. Shiv knew he wouldn't be bearable having all that power. Tom is the lesser of two evils.

I doubt Waystar would survive long anyway, Matsson wanted to strip it and sell parts off.

I thought it was a great ending. No one really gets their way, even Tom is just a puppet with only a perception of power.

I was glad they brought up Ken killing that kid, him trying to deny that it ever happened really sealed his fate.

The only thing I didn't get was what happened with the Pierce deal? Had they actually agreed to buy it for 10 Billlion, or just outbidding their father and didn't end up going through with the deal?

Definitely one of the best series ever. And the finale was just amazing. I loved how well all the characters were written, just very real, very broken, very unlikeable people.
And the constant "yeah?" at the end of every unfinished thought reminds me a lot of endless meetings with wanna-be C-suite type of people in large corporations. It would usually be preceded by some buzz-word pretending to be a coherent thought. That's why I liked Karl and Frank so much: they actually knew what they were doing and they also really knew about the job. The "kids" were just that, kids. They didn't really know how the get the job done.
Effing brilliant series.

This show felt to me like if Arrested Development was a drama. Everyone in the family was just so hateable. And that's what was entertaining about it. It was good/weird to see all of them fail at the end. It was oddly, sort of, a happy ending, for the audience to see these characters who basically just coasted through life, end up falling on their face at the end.

How ironic that Rupert Murdoch (Succession started out as "The Murdochs" based on the Murdoch family dynasty but was fictionalized before production) has outlived this show, and still as chairman of News Corp. 😬:lol
It was very interesting to watch a documentary on the Murdoch's and they show footage of when Murdoch was addressing the staff at one of his newspapers, and he is there standing on the boxes of paper 😆 They really did take some exact moments in time and recreate them for the show.

Wrapped it up and overall enjoyed the entire series. I thought it would end with Ken getting the company and firing his siblings though, showing his dad that he is the killer that his father didn't think he was. Honestly, Ken was my biggest disappointment as I felt I spent the entire series waiting for him to become the F'ing man.

Tom and Greg, Frank and Carl...could use a spinoff featuring either of these pairs.

Back