Media Street Fighter V - (PS4 & PC Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not alone. SF is still a huge franchise and it's fans are pretty rabid. I'm indifferent about the series really, but from a business perspective, this is way bigger than Tomb Raider or Dead Rising exclusivity.

So Sony finally pulled out the credit card for a good game. Well done. Can't wait for that event tomorrow.

I guess I'm the only one who's not a fan of third party exclusivity. I'm all for first party exclusives, but not crazy about console manufacturers paying a publisher to lock up a game that would've otherwise been available on everything. Seems like a bad thing for gaming as a whole to me. This particular exclusive doesn't affect me personally, but I do have one or two friends on the One or PS4 only and it would suck to have a third party game we can't play together because of this kind of thing.

I guess I'm the only one who's not a fan of third party exclusivity. I'm all for first party exclusives, but not crazy about console manufacturers paying a publisher to lock up a game that would've otherwise been available on everything. Seems like a bad thing for gaming as a whole to me. This particular exclusive doesn't affect me personally, but I do have one or two friends on the One or PS4 only and it would suck to have a third party game we can't play together because of this kind of thing.

Why can't they just put $50-$100 aside every paycheck until there's enough to get the other console? :gah:I still don't understand the whole "I have to have one or the other!" standpoint. Even though I primarily play on the PS4, I still have the XB1 ready to go at a moments notice.

Why can't they just put $50-$100 aside every paycheck until there's enough to get the other console? :gah:I still don't understand the whole "I have to have one or the other!" standpoint. Even though I primarily play on the PS4, I still have the XB1 ready to go at a moments notice.

I agree that it's best to have every console if possible, but a lot of gamers do tend to stick to one system. Whether it's financial or otherwise, many do stay with one. For many gamers, the idea of being "forced" to buy the other console because of an exclusive is pretty infuriating. Imagine if something like MGS went Xbox One exclusive...folks would lose their minds. A good percentage of gamers are kids too. They're sol in situations like these.

I think this will be a timed exclusive like how RE4 was on GameCube. People who collect dolls and statues should be able to afford more than one system.

I think this will be a timed exclusive like how RE4 was on GameCube. People who collect dolls and statues should be able to afford more than one system.

It'll be timed no doubt, but that could be months or years. Depends on how big the mountain of cash was. I'm sure the people here could afford multiple consoles, but many of them fall into the category of not wanting more than one. The only people that should really see this kind of thing as a positive are the people working for the company buying the exclusive. Even fanboys should object, since it can go both ways.

This is pretty suprising to hear. Especially considering capcom is hurting for money pretty bad to limit the sale and Sony throwing money at them despite how bad the company is doing. Pretty big gamble on Sony's part too. I'm assuming this will be a timed exclusive though.

I Only own an xbone although I will be getting a PS4 at some point. I've kinda given up on street fighter as a whole. I've loved the series ever since I was a kid but these newer games are just way above my head. Before I even have a chance to put in the half circle punch, the other guy is halfway through his 950 hit combo.

This is pretty suprising to hear. Especially considering capcom is hurting for money pretty bad to limit the sale and Sony throwing money at them despite how bad the company is doing. Pretty big gamble on Sony's part too. I'm assuming this will be a timed exclusive though.

I Only own an xbone although I will be getting a PS4 at some point. I've kinda given up on street fighter as a whole. I've loved the series ever since I was a kid but these newer games are just way above my head. Before I even have a chance to put in the half circle punch, the other guy is halfway through his 950 hit combo.

LOL..I can relate. The last time I was serious about SF was with Turbo back in '94. It was a much simpler time.

Sony as an entire company is doing really bad. The only thing keeping their head above water is the PlayStation.

Yeah, we used to have a Sega genesis in the break room when I worked at McDonald as a teen and we had street fighter 2 turbo and we'd have little tourneys at work. So much simpler. Later I picked up Street Fighter 4 and marvel vs capcom 3 for the 360 and got maybe a grand total of an hour playing both games together and shelved them. That's why I prefer MK. You do have juggling combos and whatnot but it's not on steroids like SF is.

Comparison

street-fighter-V-vs-Street-Figter-IV-comparison-screenshot.jpg

Back