Stranger Things (Netflix show)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stranger Things (netflix show)

Finished the series. It was solid from start to finish. No filler. Loved the music.

Only part if was eh about was the boys body was found one day, confirmed by the mom on that same day, was found to be fake that night and the next morning a funeral already? That was quick....

And what was buried? At the end why wasn't anyone not in the know questioning about what was buried?

Ooooooo......:lol

Interesting use of the bold function.

I finished this yesterday. Enjoyed the heck out of it. The mood and style was great. Vintage music choice was also pretty excellent. I liked having the Clash as a running theme. Casting was very good, and the characters were interesting and likable. Having a group of young kids as the primary protagonists isn't something we see enough of nowadays. Beyond the obvious '80s homages (ET and Goonies), I was reminded of the great show Freaks and Geeks. Quibbles are that some of the modern/retro music was a bit off, but that's almost always the case with that sort of thing. And I felt the ending wasn't quite up to the level of the rest of the show. It played things a bit safe. And they didn't dwell much on the real victims of the beast and the reactions of loved ones affected by them, which could have given the story a bit more dramatic weight. But these are quibbles.

Best line in the whole series for me was, "Yeah that's right! You better run! She's our friend and she's crazy! You come back here and she'll kill you!"

We LOL'd a few times. That line and also Lucas calls one of the bad guys "you piece of ****!" :lol

Just finished watching the whole first season - I really like it.

I get the following vibes from watching it -

Tron opening sequence

Explorers/ET - kids on bikes/kids dressing up in moms clothes

Super 8 - kids with special powers

Poltergeist - kids on the other side

Pans Labyrinth

Started it yesterday...and finished it today :). I'm a child of the 80s and I must say that the show hit all the sweet spots, achieving a great balance between what Stephen King and Spielberg would have done before losing their magic touch. As has been said before perfect length with no filler at all (the mark of a great show is to leave you wanting more), great music, good character development and I loved the kids, specially Millie Brown who did an outstanding job as Eleven.

I wound up watching the whole season in one sitting. It really was an amazing show, and I can't wait to see what comes next.

I just got done seeing and while I loved it, I... kinda "hated" the ending. I mean, I love those kind of ambiguous endings that leave you with questions, but, at the same time, if this ends up being an anthology series, I won't be satisfied. I've seen a lot of them around the net, and I like a fair number of them, but... I don't know, I guess we'll see. But yeah, it was a great show. I just wish they wrapped things up a bit more nicely.

I wound up watching the whole season in one sitting. It really was an amazing show, and I can't wait to see what comes next.

I think alot of people have done that! :lol

I just got done seeing and while I loved it, I... kinda "hated" the ending. I mean, I love those kind of ambiguous endings that leave you with questions, but, at the same time, if this ends up being an anthology series, I won't be satisfied. I've seen a lot of them around the net, and I like a fair number of them, but... I don't know, I guess we'll see. But yeah, it was a great show. I just wish they wrapped things up a bit more nicely.

You make a good point and I agree that a fair number of them are less than satisfactory. I hope this series isn't one of them.

I really enjoyed this show. I love the 80's era of films and stuff too, really glad that there are slowly more and more media using that era.

My 1 and absolute ONLY complaint for the entire show was how Nancy and Steve were handled at the end. Like I get that you need to subvert people's expectations, but there's a reason people like certain story telling elements like good vs evil, true love, etc etc. It's because those story elements are hopeful, it's basically how we want life to work.

Idk, I'm sure we'll see more on how everything turns out with season 2. But that was really my only problem I had with the show. Everything else was amazing. Probably going to watch The Goonies and Super 8 tonight lol. I need some more of that genre right now!

Back