Stranger Things (Netflix show)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Duffer brothers are inspired by Jungian theory then the Upside Down, Mindflayer, Vecna, etc., are all ultimately various expressions or manifestations of the Shadow. The Shadow gets projected outward symbolically in both a personal and collective aspect. But that is happening from the collective into the physical world in this story. It’s great stuff.

I hate how the show only has the balls to kill new characters.
Max should have been killed off this season. It was perfectly set up, they even went as far as breaking all her bones. They should have had Vecna finish her off. I understand that had this happened he would have won but I'm sure they could have found a different way to stop him.

Max should have been killed off this season. It was perfectly set up, they even went as far as breaking all her bones. They should have had Vecna finish her off. I understand that had this happened he would have won but I'm sure they could have found a different way to stop him.
Maybe she is dead. Eleven went in her mind and she was never shown to be there. For all we know, she's a vegetable.

I think there has to be something bigger going on there. I was expecting One to show up in her mind or something.
She might only show up in One's mind, maybe even bring back the others killed inside One's mindscape.

I finally finished the season, and loved it.

I've really like all the seasons, and consider this series to be the rightful heir to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (Hawkins is practically built over a Hellmouth too). With the writing and the characters there isn't a weak link. There's a chemistry that works so well, and it came to the fore in the extended finale to the last episode.

They were going for ESB here:

1. Group gets split up.
2. Main hero goes away to train.
3. Bad guy twist (I am your father/Vecna is One)
4. Main hero prematurely ends training to save friends in danger.
5. One of the main good guys is stuck in limbo echoing Han being frozen in carbonite.
6. Good guys reunited at the end but pretty much lose at the end of the season.

This is what I was getting too. TESB was the darkest moment, and the last moments of the final episode fulfilled that.

The Upside Down became very much like the hell of Hellraiser, and the falling ash alluded to Silent Hill, itself inspired by the town of Centralia with its subterranean fire, like a real world Hellmouth.

Every season sets up perfectly for wanting another, but I don't know how long they can realistically sustain it.

Thoroughly enjoyed this entire season and has been my favorite thus far. Will take a lot to top it but as we now see, the stakes are bigger than the group that we've followed this whole time. Duffer Bros.....hope you got the blank check!

I really enjoyed this season, Eddie was such a great character and him playing the guitar was an awesome moment. But I thought it was a wasted opportunity not having him save one of the other characters using the music.

292614796_2646895408773843_5106616941870693257_n.jpg

I watched the first season the day it premiered and found it entertaining for what it was: lightweight 80s nostalgia fluff to breeze through on a weekend afternoon.

A few weeks later though, it became a phenomenon, and suddenly both the viewers and creators were suddenly treating it like it was some kind of staggering work of incredible genius.

It wasn't. It was decent, but it wasn't great.

I personally thought seasons 2 and 3 were even worse and so full of filler I skipped entire episodes and scenes and didn't even miss a single plot point by doing so.

Season 4 was better, but it was also overly long and full of unnecessary filler, especially the dragged out repetitive flashbacks to Eleven in the psychic nursery. All that focus on Eleven only highlights the actress's shortcomings. She's not a very good actor. And anyone that's ever seen sci-fi movies or read sci-fi books before saw that "twist" coming a mile away. Ohhh...shocking....he was the bad guy all along. You blew my mind.

Anyway.....as audiences continue to get dumber and dumber, the more they celebrate dumbed-down mediocre product.

Stranger Things is has always been "just OK." It's not a magnum opus, and it's evident that like so many others before them, they Duffers are just making it up as they go without any kind of "master plan."

I watched the first season the day it premiered and found it entertaining for what it was: lightweight 80s nostalgia fluff to breeze through on a weekend afternoon.

A few weeks later though, it became a phenomenon, and suddenly both the viewers and creators were suddenly treating it like it was some kind of staggering work of incredible genius.

It wasn't. It was decent, but it wasn't great.

I personally thought seasons 2 and 3 were even worse and so full of filler I skipped entire episodes and scenes and didn't even miss a single plot point by doing so.

Season 4 was better, but it was also overly long and full of unnecessary filler, especially the dragged out repetitive flashbacks to Eleven in the psychic nursery. All that focus on Eleven only highlights the actress's shortcomings. She's not a very good actor. And anyone that's ever seen sci-fi movies or read sci-fi books before saw that "twist" coming a mile away. Ohhh...shocking....he was the bad guy all along. You blew my mind.

Anyway.....as audiences continue to get dumber and dumber, the more they celebrate dumbed-down mediocre product.

Stranger Things is has always been "just OK." It's not a magnum opus, and it's evident that like so many others before them, they Duffers are just making it up as they go without any kind of "master plan."
Glad you enjoyed it. :yess: :monkey3

Back