Stranger Things (Netflix show)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't much care for Season 2. I was hoping they'd get more into the mythos of the Upside Down, but it's apparent this is not that kind of show.

I kinda thought the Demogorgon from S1 was the Upside Down version of Eleven, so that's why she had to die to kill the Demogorgon, but apparently she didn't die anyways. I was hoping they'd go more into why they experimented on the kids. did they know the Upside Down existed and were trying to get in? Or did the experiments show them the gate?

If they were going to do a spin-off they should give Dustin his own show, that kid is awesome. "You like these pearls?" 'rrrrwwrrrrr' gets me every time.

They pretty much answered that in season 1. I don't know about 008 but they were using Eleven to spy on the russians and gain intel etc. They had no idea about the upside down. Eleven accidentally encountered the Demogorgon in the void when she was spying on the russians. That's when Brenner told her to try and make contact...which she did..freaked out and accidentally opened the gate.

I kinda thought the Demogorgon from S1 was the Upside Down version of Eleven
Why would you think that?

They pretty much answered that in season 1. I don't know about 008 but they were using Eleven to spy on the russians and gain intel etc. They had no idea about the upside down. Eleven accidentally encountered the Demogorgon in the void when she was spying on the russians. That's when Brenner told her to try and make contact...which she did..freaked out and accidentally opened the gate.
This.

MKUltra kid, upside down is in another dimension, and the monster comes from there, not everything needs to be contrived into being related, in fact, it will be very detrimental if it turns out it is.

Why would you think that?

With the whole way Eleven figured out how to kill the Demogorgon, it felt like she had a moment of understanding, knowing she'd have to sacrifice herself to save her friends, and with the way she evaporated when destroying the Demogorgon. It just seemed like they were intertwined, which is essentially how the Demo' worked with Will in S2.

Man the quality gap between ep 7 and the rest is super jarring, the narrative implausibility of Kali and her crew is so that you can't take it seriously, it's like you're watching a completely different show, as soon as you go back to ep 8 and you see Billy arguing with his parents it's like night and day.

Wtf were the Duffer brothers thinking adding a sister for 11? Planting that kind of seed so ****ing clumsily, just so they can extend the future of the series and have their little Lost Boys/Near Dark "homage", it's not like season 2 is so strong that it can handle this kind of narrative juggling.

Man the quality gap between ep 7 and the rest is super jarring, the narrative implausibility of Kali and her crew is so that you can't take it seriously, it's like you're watching a completely different show, as soon as you go back to ep 8 and you see Billy arguing with his parents it's like night and day.

Wtf were the Duffer brothers thinking adding a sister for 11? Planting that kind of seed so ****ing clumsily, just so they can extend the future of the series and have their little Lost Boys/Near Dark "homage", it's not like season 2 is so strong that it can handle this kind of narrative juggling.

Thats what scares me of their future projects

And why im happy they didnt do the IT movie

I just finished it, I liked it, inferior to S1 and ep7 almost killed it, like, not looking forward to the future of the series much.

The kids are still pretty good.

Didn't like that they turned the demogorgon into dogs, but I did like the new characters except Kali.

I almost forgot, my favorite part of all this was the conspiracy angle, conspiracy dude was my favorite character, and I loved the fact that they had to dilute the story so that people could buy it.

Kali was hot.

89f.gif

shes not the same age as Eleven in the show either, in the show she was already grown when the baby Eleven came in
she was drawing in the rainbow room when Eleven's mom came in looking for her baby you sickos

shes not the same age as Eleven in the show either, in the show she was already grown when the baby Eleven came in
she was drawing in the rainbow room when Eleven's mom came in looking for her baby you sickos

81e.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back