Storm Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you never know with sideshow, they could be working on the jim lee version right now

has there ever been a case where a character was launched twice within a year of each other? i bet in this case it will be even longer since both are supposed to be PFs. i'm not surprised they released this version first seeing as how it would be a really tough sell had they released the jim lee version first.

you never know with sideshow, they could be working on the jim lee version right now

Possibly. I do know that both the Storm & AH She-Hulk comiquettes was released, not soon after, they announced the PF. So play it by ear, I think it will happen too.

Possibly. I do know that both the Storm & AH She-Hulk comiquettes was released, not soon after, they announced the PF. So play it by ear, I think it will happen too.

I agree with this. I think anything is possible with Sideshow. They even stated themselves they know Storm is one of the most popular/wanted Marvel females, and I'm sure they know that a lot of people will want the Jim Lee version, especially those that don't buy this version.

I'm sure they also know there are people like me, who would buy both versions :)

I agree with this. I think anything is possible with Sideshow. They even stated themselves they know Storm is one of the most popular/wanted Marvel females, and I'm sure they know that a lot of people will want the Jim Lee version, especially those that don't buy this version.

I'm sure they also know there are people like me, who would buy both versions :)

I have a feeling Jean Grey is next.....

....not I want SSC to release some damn DC female PF statues!

b/c most people are tired of the same troll BS in every thread on the forum

It is not troll BS just because someone has a different opinion than yourself. This is a forum. A place where you can discuss opinions - both good and bad. Yes, I am posting a negative comment about his statue because I don't like it. I am not expecting you or anyone else to change their mind because of my opinion, much like I won't change my mind because of your opinion, but everyone should be allowed to express their opinion as long as they keep it respectful.

If you dislike something so much (in this case, the Storm PF), why keep coming back to the thread to keep talking about it? :dunno

Mainly because I am having a discussion with you. But I also like the X-Men and want to stay up to date on news of any changes they may make to the product or announcements of another Storm PF.

It is not troll BS just because someone has a different opinion than yourself. This is a forum. A place where you can discuss opinions - both good and bad. Yes, I am posting a negative comment about his statue because I don't like it. I am not expecting you or anyone else to change their mind because of my opinion, much like I won't change my mind because of your opinion, but everyone should be allowed to express their opinion as long as they keep it respectful.

most of the time the comments aren't respectful anymore. not saying it's you at all

:exactly:
ME TOO!
This Storm will go with Wolverine PF and hopefully Phoeix & Nightcrawler
JL Storm can join the other X-Men PFs
Win-Win.

I have a feeling Jean Grey is next.....

....not I want SSC to release some damn DC female PF statues!

No sir, let's go with your original feeling. Jean Grey can be next.

Yup so was Psylocke & Vampirella too. I think I only want one version of the PF Storm unless its a A list character

So after Skaar is released we should see a movie PF Hulk :yess:

Don't see how Storm isn't A List. If you mean as far as power goes, maybe Invisible Woman, Ms. Marvel and a very few other non cosmic heroines have more power, but Storm is up there. If you mean popularity, I think on a mass market level (so not just the comic readers and statue collectors) Storm is a heavy contender for Marvel's most popular female character, weighed against Invisible Woman, Rogue, Elektra, Phoenix and Mystique, due to broad media exposure across various platforms.

So she's definitely A List.

:exactly:
ME TOO!
This Storm will go with Wolverine PF and hopefully Phoeix & Nightcrawler
JL Storm can join the other X-Men PFs
Win-Win.

No sir, let's go with your original feeling. Jean Grey can be next.

Don't see how Storm isn't A List. If you mean as far as power goes, maybe Invisible Woman, Ms. Marvel and a very few other non cosmic heroines have more power, but Storm is up there. If you mean popularity, I think on a mass market level (so not just the comic readers and statue collectors) Storm is a heavy contender for Marvel's most popular female character, weighed against Invisible Woman, Rogue, Elektra, Phoenix and Mystique, due to broad media exposure across various platforms.

So she's definitely A List.

Nope Storm is definitely a B lister... :p In terms of Star power, those would be reserved for Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, Spidey & Thor

This sculpt is not up to Sideshow's standards. I'm not sure who did it, but that face is something only a mother could love. What with all the inexpensive, superior sculpting talent overseas, you'd think they could acquire someone to do this character justice. JMHO.

Nope Storm is definitely a B lister... :p In terms of Star power, those would be reserved for Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, Spidey & Thor
i disagree...you have to look at the xmen as a whole. sure this isnt the jim lee version but storm is still a major xmen character and major players in the xmen line are definitely A-listers! i think someone had this same argument saying Colossus wasnt an A-lister to which i obviously disagree.

Actually, the amazing Mark Newman did this statue. He also did the She Hulk, Vampirella and Babydoll PFs that everyone loves so much.

Yes it is but some collectors don't buy $300+ Collectibles just bc a sculpt is nice. Most people want a solid all around collectible.

i disagree...you have to look at the xmen as a whole. sure this isnt the jim lee version but storm is still a major xmen character and major players in the xmen line are definitely A-listers! i think someone had this same argument saying Colossus wasnt an A-lister to which i obviously disagree.

These debates are always subjective. Who has "Star Power" in the comics world to fans of the source product might differ from from the mass market, and it's hard for most fans to think like a non-fan.

Before Thor and Iron Man had a movie, I would definitely say Storm's Star Power was instatntly more recognizable to the mass market over Thor or Iron Man. Now that they have recent movies and are in the upcoming "Avengers" movie, I'd put them on Storm's star power level. Before the movies? Yes, they had top billing in the comics world, but I doubt most average movie goers or people on the street could look at a pic of Thor and say "that's Thor" if asked who is it. Hammer and all.

Here's a test. Get images of about 10 characters. Prints, all on computer, however works best for you, just make sure no names are on them. Ask aunts, uncles, parents, friends who don't know comics at all to name the characters. You'd be surprised at how many people can't name characters you think they would be able to name. We do this all the time at my part time job. We put comic characters as the desktop backgrounds on the employee computers. Most coworkers just go "who is that" to even "popular" characters. It's because popular in the comic doesn't equal popular to the mass market. Absolutely NOBODY knows who Skaar is. Everybody just said "he kinda looks like Hulk".

When I was a kid the X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons were popular so every kid, even those not into comics, knew the characters. I had a Deadpool action figure. EVERY SINGLE ADULT would look at it and go "hey you got a Spider-Man!" The average mass market consumer just looks for basic visual cues. They saw Red with white eyes. Never mind the fact Deadpool has no blue or Spider Symbol whatsoever.

I'll leave you with this. My mom isn't into anything I'm into. She's a middle aged woman who likes dramas, not "weird things" like sci fi. She bought me a Star Wars video game some year ago for Christmas. I was shocked and asked "how'd you know to get this?" Bottom line? She can't name a single SW character but aside from the front cover saying "Star Wars" and knowing I like Star Wars, she saw the guy on the box had "one of those light up things" (lightsaber).

Bottom line, "Star Power" is immediate mass market recognition. Black woman with white hair, often depicted with Lightning bolts? Storm is A List.

To be an A list character it needs to be recognizable to the general public who knows nothing about comics. A lot of people would not know who Storm is.

Back