Storm Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Lady Death is far more superior sculpt then Storm. :monkey3

Umm, I wouldn't say FAR more superior. I think the Storm is AMAZING! The only reason she is getting a bad rap is because people want her to be a "white girl" with dark skin, as opposed to the African beauty she is, and clad in that stupid a$$ Jim Lee silver shoulder pad outfit.

Umm, I wouldn't say FAR more superior. I think the Storm is AMAZING! The only reason she is getting a bad rap is because people want her to be a "white girl" with dark skin, as opposed to the African beauty she is, and clad in that stupid a$$ Jim Lee silver shoulder pad outfit.

Lol I like how you say it as it is. I knew that but was worried to say it on the forums and get blasted. But yeah I agree with what you said, even though that Jim lee version was the one I really wanted.

:exactly: I agree as well. I think its a great depiction and true to the character.

She looks bad....The mid-section and eyes are off IMO. I know that people will still gobble her up because its a girl comic book character with curves...

She looks bad....The mid-section and eyes are off IMO. I know that people will still gobble her up because its a girl comic book character with curves...

I think she is more than just a girl comic character with curves! She is a Queen, an X Men team leader and freakn controls the weather!

I think she is more than just a girl comic character with curves! She is a Queen, an X Men team leader and freakn controls the weather!

She has one of the, if not the coolest power! I agree but it's not my cup of tea. Even for a storm I think they could have done better. I still find it shocking if not down right foul that they pump out x- men after x-men with no love for jugg/sinister/appoc/magneto.

Exactly! And she's whooped Cyclops' a$$ a bunch of times, even beating him out for leader of the X-Men on two occasions (if I remember correctly).

Ain't this the truth...:goodpost:

Touché.Great post.:clap

Regardless of the better sculpt or not, Storm is a more high profile character than Lady Death is and the simple fact that LD has more pieces being made than a major X-Men character does tells me that just because more people have pre-ordered a statue, SS will raise their production numbers so they can sell more regardless of who/what it is (Lady Death, Storm, someone else)

Regardless of the better sculpt or not, Storm is a more high profile character than Lady Death is and the simple fact that LD has more pieces being made than a major X-Men character does tells me that just because more people have pre-ordered a statue, SS will raise their production numbers so they can sell more regardless of who/what it is (Lady Death, Storm, someone else)

Yes very good point. It's only about the profits for all companies. Why would they make more lady deaths then storm? :cuckoo:

I don't think that's a problem though. That's just business. 750 is normal for Marvel PF EXs, but for other licenses it is high. It's really Storm's EX is just on the low end for a Marvel PF, which is a normal number for any other license. Maybe it would have been higher if more pre ordered? I really thought Storm would be at 300 like movie Thor. Either way, Joker shows that if preorders are large, ES for the EX will be large.

I don't think that's a problem though. That's just business. 750 is normal for Marvel PF EXs, but for other licenses it is high. It's really Storm's EX is just on the low end for a Marvel PF, which is a normal number for any other license. Maybe it would have been higher if more pre ordered? I really thought Storm would be at 300 like movie Thor. Either way, Joker shows that if preorders are large, ES for the EX will be large.

If Storm had been better executed as a PF it would have sold more than 500 at PO and have waitlisted by now...
If SS does a fix to the neck and chest with the cape I'd get this cos that is where my problem with it lies. But at the moment I'm gonna sit it out for the Jim Lee version.

There's been posts in this thread that have shown plenty of beautiful black women that don't look this statue. She has a hard face, a stern look, and an ugly paint application.

I'm all for finding the beauty in all races, but this is a fantasy medium that doesn't need to make their character's represent some sort of hard truth. Storm was born in Kenya, has blue eyes, and looks like a twenty year old supermodel - period. There doesn't need to be anything done more or less about her.

You're turning this into a race issue now? LOL Please...

The PF face isn't very pretty. Period. It has nothing to do with race. Look at Bowen's new Storm. She has a very ethnic and pretty face. I don't want to pay $350 for a statue of an unattractive woman; a woman that is almost always depicted as very attractive. The rest of the PF looks fantastic but the face needs work. Enough with the race crap.

BB

I m thinking of ordering Ex but didnt like face sculpt at all just to complete line hay friends do u think Jim Lee version PF SS will make??

Back