Storm Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't make up my mind on weather to order the ex, the reg or wait for the Jim Lee ................... decisions, decisions.

I don't get the logic on including the Reg on those choices when the EX is still available at the same price unless you're thinking of picking it up from another retailer for a cheaper amount.

I don't get the logic on including the Reg on those choices when the EX is still available at the same price unless you're thinking of picking it up from another retailer for a cheaper amount.

Excatly. Getting the reg from a eu retailer saves me quite a lot of $$$$

Yeah but in this case the reg head is butt ugly. The Jim Lee version isn't very appealing unless you're a big fan of the Lee era, there is no reason to wait for her. I'd get the EX Storm if I were you

How much are you saving from a retailer? I live in the UK and even with VAT ordering from Sideshow is cheaper. Not by a lot but at least you can get the EX and there is the great customer service in case you receive a defect.

After going back & forth many times on preordering this, I decided to pass and wait for the eventual Jim Lee version. Don't get me wrong, I like this classic version, but it just doesn't 'wow' me enough to actually preorder. Space is at a premium in my display case and I don't need two of the same character. Grats to those who did preorder. :)

I thought the concept behind PF was a 1/4 scale statue with cloth clothing. This one is basically a statue with a simple cloth cape. Couldn't they have given her a real cloth outfit as well? SSC has done this before. Seems like a shortcut to me :(

Eric

I thought the concept behind PF was a 1/4 scale statue with cloth clothing. This one is basically a statue with a simple cloth cape. Couldn't they have given her a real cloth outfit as well? SSC has done this before. Seems like a shortcut to me :(

Eric

Actually, that is NOT what a PF is...a PF is a MIXED MEDIA statue. That means some portion of it is a material other than polystone. That can be leather, cloth, whatever. Gambit, Rogue, and Cyclops had leather or cloth jackets and fully sculpted "clothes." And a lot of times, full cloth outfits doesn't turn out that great...IE Wolverine and Sabertooth IMO.

Actually, that is NOT what a PF is...a PF is a MIXED MEDIA statue. That means some portion of it is a material other than polystone. That can be leather, cloth, whatever. Gambit, Rogue, and Cyclops had leather or cloth jackets and fully sculpted "clothes." And a lot of times, full cloth outfits doesn't turn out that great...IE Wolverine and Sabertooth IMO.

Really? :dunno I thought the Wolverine & Sabretooth PF turned out great.

Eric

99% of the PFs usually only have 1 thing that's cloth

Eric

99% of the PFs usually only have 1 thing that's cloth

99% of Marvel PFs usually only have 1 thing that's cloth.

Other licenses get more cloth (SW, LotR, GI Joe), and usually it's well done. The same effort is not always there for Marvel. Most didn't seem to mind Bucky's mostly cloth costume or Cap's pants and belt, which proves people will like it if it's done well.

They did Vampirella's costume in cloth. I don't see how they couldn't for Storm if they wanted to. Maybe the ring would have been difficult, but then I look at something like the quiver on the Legolas PF.

Really? :dunno I thought the Wolverine & Sabretooth PF turned out great.

Wolverine is one of my favorite PFs. And the metal claws was a good use of mixed media.

I'm so glad they didn't do her bodysuit in cloth. That would have probably looked silly. I don't really understand the mentality that because it's a Premium Format, that everything has to be cloth.

Look at Colossus, he looks ridiculous with his cotton top. Someone that is supposed to be all muscle and all metal looks like he's wearing a sleeveless turtle neck shirt. :thud:

How much are you saving from a retailer? I live in the UK and even with VAT ordering from Sideshow is cheaper. Not by a lot but at least you can get the EX and there is the great customer service in case you receive a defect.

Ordering from Sideshow:
Statue: $350
shipping: $50 - 60
importtax, fed-ex fees ect: $125
Total: $525 - 535

Odering from S.P.A.C.E:
Statue: 319 euros (=$420)
no shipping, no tax, no fed-ex fees
total: $420

Saved: $95 -105

And SPACE har great service as well - they got me the GG Babydoll for retail (200 euros) months after it had started shipping and was going for $900 at eBay.

And if you look around you can find some good deals. Right now I can get the reg. Psylocke pf for 240 euros and fair shipping. And Baroness pf Format for 300 euros including shipping, both within the eu.

The reason you probably can't save as much as me is that the UK vat is less than the danish vat. And we pay vat of the total price, including the shippingcosts.

When Sideshow closed the eu warehouse I cancelled pre-orders for more than $2500 - I simply couldn't afford it with the new system.

I would get a Storm PF regardless of style but I remember everyone demanding a Byrne style storm and mocking the shoulder pad look. Severral people said they would boycot the 90's look over this style. As a fan and fellow collector I am confused.

I grew up on Byrne, but I have always said I prefer the Jim Lee versions (Jean Grey being the exception). I think the Byrne PF looks great now that I have seen all of Sideshow's pictures and if my collection was still in the 'model room', I would have bought this PF as well as a Jim Lee version.

However, we moved my display cases and detolfs out into the family room so all three kids could have their own room. This means no PFs/Hot Toys outside of a glass case or on top of the detolfs or munchkins will get them; space is at a premium for and I ain't got room for doubles of any character except Cyclops or Jean Grey...

Back