Storm Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whoopeedoo! 500excl which is the same as Black Panther :D
Even though I don't like the regular head, I am starting to like the exclusive one

The ex head is the way to go. I've always liked this costume over the silver version. If the silver version is made later, doubt I will buy it.

Umm, I wouldn't say FAR more superior. I think the Storm is AMAZING! The only reason she is getting a bad rap is because people want her to be a "white girl" with dark skin, as opposed to the African beauty she is, and clad in that stupid a$$ Jim Lee silver shoulder pad outfit.

Yup.

:exactly: I agree as well. I think its a great depiction and true to the character.

Yup.

You're turning this into a race issue now? LOL Please...

The PF face isn't very pretty. Period. It has nothing to do with race. Look at Bowen's new Storm. She has a very ethnic and pretty face.

BB

Because they used brown paint?

:rotfl

The Bowen sculpt is as generic comicbook 'pretty female' as the Lady Death PF.

This Storm sculpt is gorgeous. Put away the Image comics.

the fact that this only has a 500 edition size speaks to how poorly it was executed.

This is the only verison of storm I like and I passed, and the numbers suggest so did many others.

I m thinking of ordering Ex but didnt like face sculpt at all just to complete line hay friends do u think Jim Lee version PF SS will make??

We never know if sideshow will make Jim Lee version of Storm, what i do know is that buy something just to complete is a big mistake.

the fact that this only has a 500 edition size speaks to how poorly it was executed.

This is the only verison of storm I like and I passed, and the numbers suggest so did many others.

I dont think a 500 ES indicates something was poorly executed. There is a lot of Good to Great PF's with smaller ES.

I dont think a 500 ES indicates something was poorly executed. There is a lot of Good to Great PF's with smaller ES.

uhm... like nemenforcer said, this isn't an indication of a poorly executed statue... Black Panther is amazing (500), Evil Queen is absolutely stunning (300), Hook is exactly as he's supposed to be (350), She-Hulk radiance power (550) and Darth Talon is sexy as hell (650). Just because the edition size is low doesn't mean that it will be or is a bad statue :cuckoo:

I'm just glad that she has the same edition size as Black Panther... made my day :D

You're turning this into a race issue now? LOL Please...

The PF face isn't very pretty. Period. It has nothing to do with race. Look at Bowen's new Storm. She has a very ethnic and pretty face. I don't want to pay $350 for a statue of an unattractive woman; a woman that is almost always depicted as very attractive. The rest of the PF looks fantastic but the face needs work. Enough with the race crap.

BB

Yup.

Yup.

Because they used brown paint?

:rotfl

The Bowen sculpt is as generic comicbook 'pretty female' as the Lady Death PF.

This Storm sculpt is gorgeous. Put away the Image comics.

EXACTLY! The Bowen version is cool, but there is nothing ethnic about her face. That is just my point. She looks like any other female, but with brown skin.

nemenforcer;4407373[B said:
]I dont think a 500 ES indicates something was poorly executed. [/B] There is a lot of Good to Great PF's with smaller ES.

uhm... like nemenforcer said, this isn't an indication of a poorly executed statue... Black Panther is amazing (500), Evil Queen is absolutely stunning (300), Hook is exactly as he's supposed to be (350), She-Hulk radiance power (550) and Darth Talon is sexy as hell (650). Just because the edition size is low doesn't mean that it will be or is a bad statue :cuckoo:

I'm just glad that she has the same edition size as Black Panther... made my day :D

Exactly. In fact, I find the statement to be pretty stupid actually. So, what the EX Vampirella comiquette, that only has an ES of 350 is poorly executed? Not to mention the great examples I and I came up with of superb statues that have lower ES numbers.

The original portrait did look a bit off with the preview images, but I found it to look better at different angles in the images posted on the product page. I don't think it is a sculpt issue, but paint. Her features are so overly pronounced. Like her eyes, there is so much liner and harsh makeup that is makes her eyes look odd. She also has red lips, I don't get Sideshow's obsession with giving all their female statues red lips. Storm's lips should be a natural color, that is how she is depicted in most art and comics. I even found it strange with Rogue. I don't see Rogue being a red lipstick girl, but with more of a light coral color.

I am fine with Sideshow's decision to do her retro costume. I actually would have been fine with any version of her, except maybe Mohawk Storm. If I had to decide on what costume to put Storm in, I would have went with her recent costume. It is kind of a nod to her retro costume and Jim Lee costume. Kind of a combination of everything good from previous outfits. One thing that would concern me about the Jim Lee costume is the light color showing dust/dirt or some kind of imperfections.

I had to pre-order the exclusive on this one. I really like the exclusive head. I am pretty happy with this statue, I think the pose is great, love the base.

All we need is Jean now.

The original portrait did look a bit off with the preview images, but I found it to look better at different angles in the images posted on the product page. I don't think it is a sculpt issue, but paint. Her features are so overly pronounced. Like her eyes, there is so much liner and harsh makeup that is makes her eyes look odd. She also has red lips, I don't get Sideshow's obsession with giving all their female statues red lips. Storm's lips should be a natural color, that is how she is depicted in most art and comics. I even found it strange with Rogue. I don't see Rogue being a red lipstick girl, but with more of a light coral color.

I am fine with Sideshow's decision to do her retro costume. I actually would have been fine with any version of her, except maybe Mohawk Storm. If I had to decide on what costume to put Storm in, I would have went with her recent costume. It is kind of a nod to her retro costume and Jim Lee costume. Kind of a combination of everything good from previous outfits. One thing that would concern me about the Jim Lee costume is the light color showing dust/dirt or some kind of imperfections.

I had to pre-order the exclusive on this one. I really like the exclusive head. I am pretty happy with this statue, I think the pose is great, love the base.

All we need is Jean now.

Yes I don't like the regular head. But I ordered the ex because I love the ex head. Thats the headi will be using for display. :clap

There's been posts in this thread that have shown plenty of beautiful black women that don't look this statue. She has a hard face, a stern look, and an ugly paint application.

I'm all for finding the beauty in all races, but this is a fantasy medium that doesn't need to make their character's represent some sort of hard truth. Storm was born in Kenya, has blue eyes, and looks like a twenty year old supermodel - period. There doesn't need to be anything done more or less about her.

1st, I agree with what you say (although I still think the sculpt around the eyes should be slightly tweaked). She should just be beautiful. I also like Storm's original depiction with the cat eyes, which tends to get lost in modern depictions. Makes her look even more unique.
uxm150-1.jpg

But looking at Storm's ethnic features (and this isn't aimed at you IdeaOfEvil, just adding to the talk in general), Storm is actually half African. Her father is African American David Monroe. Storm is an American born citizen from New York City, although she did grow up in vaious parts of Africa including Egypt and eventually her mother's birthplace, Kenya. Her mother was from a Kenyan tribe. So while I don't like the depiction of a caucasian woman with brown skin, having features that might look a little more African American than African isn't wrong. As always, every artist will have their own interpretation. But across the board, it's not like too many artists distinctualize African features from African American features.

I don't even really have a point with what I just said as far as the statue goes, the PF is just another interpretation to me that could look a little better but isn't terrible. Take it or leave it. More an observation on the character's overall non-definite depiction. I love this character. But even with my personal preference in her face, there is no one way to her look, as with any comic character.

Exactly. In fact, I find the statement to be pretty stupid actually. So, what the EX Vampirella comiquette, that only has an ES of 350 is poorly executed? Not to mention the great examples I and I came up with of superb statues that have lower ES numbers.

I was going to write a long post in reply, but in a nutshell, given the popularity and anticipation for storm, SS could have easily made 750 of these (like lady death) and they didn't. My suggestion is that the less than stellar final product is the reason why.

Last edited:
I was going to write a long post in reply, but in a nutshell, given the popularity and anticipation for storm, SS could have easily made 750 of these (like lady death) and they didn't. My suggestion is that the less than stellar final product is the reason why.

I think it also has to do with SSC probably making the Jim lee white version down the line.

I think it also has to do with SSC probably making the Jim lee white version down the line.

God I hope not! At least not for a while! 2 storms before a jugg's or sinister or about 20+ other deserving characters would be lame....

This is so funny beause so many people were bashing the 90's version saying it had to be a Byrne design. I think "if" a Lee version is made, many will be dissapointed. I just dont see how it can be better than this one.

NOTE: Many people have said they would pass on a Lee Jean Grey as well and demand an old school version as well.

Back