Storm Collectibles - Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not my pic, but they look se great together. Very comic booky.

9KDCS1R.jpg

View attachment 475976

View attachment 475977

View attachment 475978

His legs look a little thick but he looks great in his flying pose so that's ok. Now have to wait and see if BBTS gets an extra exclusive accessory.

There's also a cameo of Sub-Zero's ice arms in the pics.

I love the figure, but there's one thing I would change, and that's the color of his skin. Raiden was actually pale/Joker white for some reason in MK2, which made him look kind of creepy. I wonder if they'll do a repaint alternate version ?

It shouldn't be too difficult to repaint it at home? I've never done that, but I wouldn't mind trying with one of the sculpts. What kind of paint and tool would be needed for such a job?

FlMhhSJ.jpg

I didn't remember but yeah I guess his in game skin color is pretty grey/white. Outside of the in game sprites, the display mode pics of him have him with human skin tone.

For painting I'm sure some acrylics would be fine. Just youtube some tutorials on paints, thinning them, and doing some washes. Just painting him white won't look good.

With Raiden finally on the way, here are my top 5 most wanted figures.

1. Johnny Cage (Mk 1 or 2)
2. Liu Kang (MK 2 or 3)
3. Shang Tsung (Mk 3 preferably or mk1)
4. Kung Lao (mk2)
5. Sonya

Cage is a must for sure.

Still super pissed I missed Reptile. May bite the bullet and pay ebay prices for it finally.

With Raiden finally on the way, here are my top 5 most wanted figures.

1. Johnny Cage (Mk 1 or 2)
2. Liu Kang (MK 2 or 3)
3. Shang Tsung (Mk 3 preferably or mk1)
4. Kung Lao (mk2)
5. Sonya

I don't really see them doing Shang Tsung, but if they did I'd prefer MK1. But I'd buy them all that you listed. I'm surprised they haven't led with more MK3 ninja repaints, but SDCC is a couple months away, so I expect them to drop a few exclusives then.

Still super pissed I missed Reptile. May bite the bullet and pay ebay prices for it finally.

Unless you must have the MK 1/2 look, i'd just wait for the inevitable UMK 3 Reptile. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the next figure announced.

I already have Reptile, Goro, Shao Kahn and Baraka and plan on getting UMK 3 Scorpion and Sub Zero, Raiden, Motaro, Cyrax and Sektor...so if I can get those plus these 7, I think I'm pretty much done...

1.Kano (MK 1)
2.Kung Lao (MK 2)
3.Johnny Cage (MK 1 or 2)
4.Shang tsung (MK 1 or 2, prefer 1)
5.Kintaro (MK 2)
6.Liu Kang (MK 1 or 2)
7.Kabal (MK 3 with alternate scary head!) ...

FailingShortCrocodile-size_restricted.gif

:rotfl

Last edited:
Unless you must have the MK 1/2 look, i'd just wait for the inevitable UMK 3 Reptile. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the next figure announced.

I already have Reptile, Goro, Shao Kahn and Baraka and plan on getting UMK 3 Scorpion and Sub Zero, Raiden, Motaro, Cyrax and Sektor...so if I can get those plus these 7, I think I'm pretty much done...

1.Kano (MK 1)
2.Kung Lao (MK 2)
3.Johnny Cage (MK 1 or 2)
4.Shang tsung (MK 1 or 2, prefer 1)
5.Kintaro (MK 2)
6.Liu Kang (MK 1 or 2)
7.Kabal (MK 3 with alternate scary head!) ...

FailingShortCrocodile-size_restricted.gif

:rotfl

That's a good list. Kabal would be cool. I'm surprised you went with Kano from MK1 and Liu Kang from MK1. IMO, Kano's outfit in MK3 was such an upgrade. I didn't think anyone could like Liu Kang's look in MK1. It was so basic, just black pants and white shoes. :lol

Come to think of it, I think the creators realized that they had to make Liu Kang more interesting in MK2 since he was supposed to be the main character, so I think, and this is my OPINION, they stole Johnny Cage's image and gave it to Liu Kang. In MK1 Cage's colors were black and red and he wore the spiked gauntlets, and both were given to Liu Kang in MK2. From MK2 onward, Johnny has worn black and blue and no gauntlets. I wonder which version Storm is going to make?

Speaking of Cage, his best look ever has to be the MK11 retro 90's version. It's freaking awesome. :D

i65ZcyZ.jpg
kIKOTKV.jpg

Liu has always been pretty basic. If I had a choice I'd probably go with MK 2 but the only real difference between the 2 is a bandana, gauntlets and red stripes on the pants. I guess sometimes I'm just a sucker for 1st appearances... BUT I almost forgot that a while back Storm teased what looks like an MK 3 Liu? The hair doesn't look long enough and I never really played any other MK games besides the first 3, so I'm not sure...either way he looks pretty horrible with that pencil neck.
JtzijcQ.jpg

$ saved.

And when I think of Kano, the all white MK 1 look is what instantly pops up in my mind. That is the only Kano for me.

As for Johhny, I think Pesina confirmed a while back on his Facebook page that it was going to be from MK 1...

HAi1UoG.jpg

That's a good list. Kabal would be cool. I'm surprised you went with Kano from MK1 and Liu Kang from MK1. IMO, Kano's outfit in MK3 was such an upgrade. I didn't think anyone could like Liu Kang's look in MK1. It was so basic, just black pants and white shoes. :lol

Come to think of it, I think the creators realized that they had to make Liu Kang more interesting in MK2 since he was supposed to be the main character, so I think, and this is my OPINION, they stole Johnny Cage's image and gave it to Liu Kang. In MK1 Cage's colors were black and red and he wore the spiked gauntlets, and both were given to Liu Kang in MK2. From MK2 onward, Johnny has worn black and blue and no gauntlets. I wonder which version Storm is going to make?

Speaking of Cage, his best look ever has to be the MK11 retro 90's version. It's freaking awesome. :D

i65ZcyZ.jpg
kIKOTKV.jpg

I love this look for Johnny too. Only thing I'd change is the Tattoo, but even that's not so bad. I had to get the McFarlane figure, it's actually pretty good.

I love this look for Johnny too. Only thing I'd change is the Tattoo, but even that's not so bad. I had to get the McFarlane figure, it's actually pretty good.

I used to hate the Johnny tattoo when it debuted on MK9, because I thought it was stupid and unoriginal. Why would anyone tattoo their own name....then, I saw Connor McGregor (real fighter) with his on name tattooed on his stomach, and that changed my view completely. :lol I get it now, only a crazy young egomaniac/showman would do something like that, so I can easily see Johnny Cage doing it. Now I don't have a problem with it. :lol

Would have preferred the MK1/2 look for Reptile, since I have all the others. But, the UMK3 ones dragged me in too, so be fine with that one as well.

They should include the "toasty!" guy with one of the figures. Not an actual figure, more like a cardboard or plastic cutout. :lol It would look nice in a photo, for those who like to photograph figures.

Would have preferred the MK1/2 look for Reptile, since I have all the others. But, the UMK3 ones dragged me in too, so be fine with that one as well.

They'll probably nail the lime green color this time around, too. The first release was too dark green.

The new Sub-Zero's light blue is much closer to how he looked in the game.

Back