Storm Collectibles - Mike Tyson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't see the issue with the wire joints....I do not believe that real life posing is anything like the ridiculous test conducted by the bombshow. It is terrible that there seem to be rubber issues but I think lots of figures with rubber bodies suffer the same issues if left posed in an extreme manner. Also, calling out all the "BS" reviewers was uncalled for...all the reviews I've seen of the Tyson figure were from fellow collectors and honest reviewers (clipper, tessjess, spot, budget) and I know those guys don't get a dime if anyone buys a Tyson figure. Never been a fan of the bombshow and this video hasn't changed my opinion. hope storm works out a better rubber compound as their figures look really nice

Have two on the way. As long as the paint and rubber are ok out of the box I'm fine. I won't be doing any dynamic posing with it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy is from the streets and doesn't care about conflict at all ....so he's going to tell you about how he doesn't like his toys!

I really don't see the issue with the wire joints....I do not believe that real life posing is anything like the ridiculous test conducted by the bombshow. It is terrible that there seem to be rubber issues but I think lots of figures with rubber bodies suffer the same issues if left posed in an extreme manner. Also, calling out all the "BS" reviewers was uncalled for...all the reviews I've seen of the Tyson figure were from fellow collectors and honest reviewers (clipper, tessjess, spot, budget) and I know those guys don't get a dime if anyone buys a Tyson figure. Never been a fan of the bombshow and this video hasn't changed my opinion. hope storm works out a better rubber compound as their figures look really nice

i agree but also see the other side of the argument. i.e. that reviewer said he heard it was new technology via storm for these covered joints and to see its wires like in oldschool bendy toys? i can totally understand the frustration. also think that yes that test was extreme but im sure over a period of time a collector would be posing it 20-40 times. if i had no knowledge of the rubber issues for example im sure it would be heavily posed all the damn time, probably change its pose daily.

i agree but also see the other side of the argument. i.e. that reviewer said he heard it was new technology via storm for these covered joints and to see its wires like in oldschool bendy toys? i can totally understand the frustration. also think that yes that test was extreme but im sure over a period of time a collector would be posing it 20-40 times. if i had no knowledge of the rubber issues for example im sure it would be heavily posed all the damn time, probably change its pose daily.

Yeah it's lousy that storm called it new technology but I don't think it's budgets fault that's on storm. I'm sure eventually the wire could break through regular posing but think of how long a wired cape lasts without problems and I'd imagine the arm or leg joints would last just as long if not longer. Oh well, I don't have the figure either way but I hope storm takes care of everyone who got a bum body....

I don't remember a joint system like the one SC used, in my 1/6 figures, so maybe it does qualify as new tech :lol

Hey Lawrence do you have any pics of the Mike Tyson using the Andrews ACI body with the track suit. I seen your previous pic but without the hands and feet. Just curious if the SC boxing gloves, feet and hands will fit with the ACI body, thanks

Hey Lawrence do you have any pics of the Mike Tyson using the Andrews ACI body with the track suit. I seen your previous pic but without the hands and feet. Just curious if the SC boxing gloves, feet and hands will fit with the ACI body, thanks
The ACI has a different wrist joint style, so I automatically think the SC gloves & hands will need modding to fit it. I actually tried putting on the SC boots on the ACI, but it looked ridiculously big, so I'm thinking some random Chucks or some type of sneakers will be the route to go for the ACI body. The ACI comes with bare feet, but I don't want a bare footed look for the tracksuit. In my mind, I have him skipping, but I haven't gone as far as to look for a 1/6 skipping rope online yet.

& I don't know where I placed the ACI hands :slap

I agree, while the use of that wire technology is ridiculous, i would be more concerned with the rubber cracking. Its been out too short a time to put the blame environmental conditions, as some do, it seems as if they used an inferior material for the rubber. With what they charged for the fig, its inexcusable. To have an iron mike fig, or any sports fig, and to have to pose him like a mummy, would sure as hell upset me!

I agree, while the use of that wire technology is ridiculous, i would be more concerned with the rubber cracking. Its been out too short a time to put the blame environmental conditions, as some do, it seems as if they used an inferior material for the rubber. With what they charged for the fig, its inexcusable. To have an iron mike fig, or any sports fig, and to have to pose him like a mummy, would sure as hell upset me!

this :lecture

The ACI has a different wrist joint style, so I automatically think the SC gloves & hands will need modding to fit it. I actually tried putting on the SC boots on the ACI, but it looked ridiculously big, so I'm thinking some random Chucks or some type of sneakers will be the route to go for the ACI body. The ACI comes with bare feet, but I don't want a bare footed look for the tracksuit. In my mind, I have him skipping, but I haven't gone as far as to look for a 1/6 skipping rope online yet.

& I don't know where I placed the ACI hands :slap

Oh ok, thanks for the information. I was thinking about purchasing the ACI body for the track suit as well.............but might hold now, maybe something better will come about...

Probably some flippers.

I doubt a large majority are flippers. Probably just a limited supply.

I bought multiple Tysons for my own personal collection (Olympic and 2 standard Tysons) because I was big Tyson fan growing up.

Although I'm having second thoughts about asking BBTS to ship them to me now after all viewing all the posts about the detoriating body.

BBTS cancelled my order. If a better made Tyson come out, I will be all over it.

Back