Storm Collectibles - Mike Tyson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You made me fast track getting the trunks & boots today :lol

What's your plan for the extra fierce sculpt?

I just want the option to have a fierce look for the original, that can withstand more than a museum pose. Combined with the newer trunks and the older shorter body (as in your video) this to me is more of Tyson scale.

Thanks to chockles I now feel more comfortable opening mine up, knowing SC will take care of any problems, I just needed to hear it from the source and once he posted their email that was enough for me.

I just hope there isn't some kind of "past expiration date" for replacing the body if I have defective body problems that develop within a relatively short time like 6 months.

I just want the option to have a fierce look for the original, that can withstand more than a museum pose. Combined with the newer trunks and the older shorter body (as in your video) this to me is more of Tyson scale.
It's a fraction shorter, & a fraction wider I think (the SC shorts is a bit of a tight fit around the waist), but it made quite a difference in 1/6 scale, to my eyes. I don't think the sculpt from TA includes the neck joint, so you might have to figure something out, to get the SC sculpt on the ST body.

If you're willing to take the SC body for a joyride, it actually poses better than the older ST body. I managed to get mine in quite a nice peekaboo stance. The left arm with the holes in can now bend at around a 45 degree angle (I might never unbend this arm now :lol), with the right arm not quite bending as far (I forced it, but it simply bounces back) but still bent past 90 degrees, so the peekaboo stance still looks alright. I don't think you'd get a nicer peekaboo stance from the older ST body.

What these Tyson figures need, is an extra pair of sculpted "bent toe" boots, similar to this style:

s-l400.jpg

Maybe you can voice this to them Mr Chockles, for their newer (if any) boxing figures. Actually, that might be a nice style boot for their Hulk Hogan figure as well.
I just hope there isn't some kind of "past expiration date" for replacing the body if I have defective body problems that develop within a relatively short time like 6 months.
They might not have replacement bodies by then maybe.

Thanks to chockles I now feel more comfortable opening mine up, knowing SC will take care of any problems, I just needed to hear it from the source and once he posted their email that was enough for me.

Haha. My pleasure. Open away and play as it should be intended.

Btw many have mistaken that I'm the source and work for them. That's not true but I do have straight access to them. Hence why I feel I should help both sides. I know you all have concerns and I try and help in anyway I can.

Of course if you have any issues then send them an email. If you need any details please pm me.

Also the concern with the expiration date. This is tricky in this hobby and I have asked storm about them. As you may or may not know many companies won't provide everlasting warranties and some if lucky maybe up to 2 weeks to a month some even none once it's out of the door.

In this case if storm deems a case requires service they will help in anyway they can and provide for example, replacements as long as they have stock to replace. Hope that makes sense as you know these items won't be constantly made just like most other companies.

If in doubt send email to them first. Always watch the video guide on YouTube. Plus don't worry :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a fraction shorter, & a fraction wider I think (the SC shorts is a bit of a tight fit around the waist), but it made quite a difference in 1/6 scale, to my eyes. I don't think the sculpt from TA includes the neck joint, so you might have to figure something out, to get the SC sculpt on the ST body.

If you're willing to take the SC body for a joyride, it actually poses better than the older ST body. I managed to get mine in quite a nice peekaboo stance. The left arm with the holes in can now bend at around a 45 degree angle (I might never unbend this arm now :lol), with the right arm not quite bending as far (I forced it, but it simply bounces back) but still bent past 90 degrees, so the peekaboo stance still looks alright. I don't think you'd get a nicer peekaboo stance from the older ST body.

What these Tyson figures need, is an extra pair of sculpted "bent toe" boots, similar to this style:

s-l400.jpg

Maybe you can voice this to them Mr Chockles, for their newer (if any) boxing figures. Actually, that might be a nice style boot for their Hulk Hogan figure as well.

They might not have replacement bodies by then maybe.

Btw nice custom with what you did with the mixture of old and new. I can see so many splits on the older body. Lol. Kidding

Haha I wouldn't risk pushing it further than it can go with those arms and legs. Always respect the leeway given.

Anyways you still sorting the body out with storm?

As for your idea. That's good to give these fighters a skipping pose during fight or training.

Why nobody came up with this from the start? Lol
Def keep that on the list the next I chat with them.
Thanks again.

Hmm I see. Man they are slow.

In the future I hope this doesn't happen. Storm are looking into better distributions.

It's kind of random how quickly BBTS turns around their orders.

Sometimes they get their shipments quickly but most of the time, they seem to be slower than other sellers.

That's why I was surprised when I got the charge notification for the Tyson last month, I was not expecting it for a while.

Whatever issues some might be having with BBTS (like them being slower in getting their stock), it does not outweigh the plus side in ordering from them. I definitely do not want to find out that they will be blocked from getting Storm Collectibles items. It's so nice to freely pre order random things from them, & have the choice to cancel, re order, cancel, re order ..... etc, at will, without the hassle of going through customer service, or getting hit with any type of cancellation fee's. I actually like that they get some things in later than others, because I can check out a review before really deciding whether I want something or not.

I've pre ordered, then cancelled, then pre ordered, then cancelled, the Olympic version already. The last cancellation was more due to the fact that I had to pay for other things, but I still want it. The sculpts at least. If I manage to find someone parting them out for a nice price, I won't bother buying the whole figure.

I only know of the more expensive Blitzway & Prime1 statues requiring NRD's. I rarely go into the $600+ statue realm, so I haven't really noticed. Don't remember it happening with any 1/6 figures ever though.

Well, here is my update of having him posed in this exact position for a month -
image.jpg

This is ********.
Chockles, do you know if three zero could send me a replacement body?
I advise everyone to keep him in a relaxed position.

What Lawrence said, I know Im just referring to Storm stock being slow at BBTS, because all you guys have been asking when and when release so and so, so I have concentrated on this aspect.

Overall BBTS is a great service, I have even used it a number of times myself to get things shipped to HK. Things that cant easily be bought over here.

Well, here is my update of having him posed in this exact position for a month -
View attachment 243375

This is ********.
Chockles, do you know if three zero could send me a replacement body?
I advise everyone to keep him in a relaxed position.

Hey Eklips,

Thanks for posting your experience in here.

Threezero will not send you a replacement body because this product has nothing to do with them.
Please send Storm Collectibles an email to [email protected] stating your situation. Provide them with much info as possible. Where you bought the figure from, send them pictures/videos etc etc.

Note that its almost Chinese New Years, so please expect some time delay but be sure they will look into your case.

If you have anymore issues or info required, please give me a shout. Thanks

Ok, thanks chockles. :)
Yeah, I meant Storm collectibles lol(I always get them mixed up for some reason)
It's such a shame that the body is so suspect to splitting like this, as it looks incredible when posed in an action stance, and it's an extremely impressive looking body.
I'll send them an email right away.

Ok, thanks chockles. :)
Yeah, I meant Storm collectibles lol(I always get them mixed up for some reason)
It's such a shame that the body is so suspect to splitting like this, as it looks incredible when posed in an action stance, and it's an extremely impressive looking body.
I'll send them an email right away.

No problems at all. I try and help.
Yeah this is a totally new body so everything is up in the air for everyone like us and probably Storm themselves.
I'm keeping tabs on things so hopefully more people with more feedback would help the matter.

Def keep us updated in here on how you got on with Storm with the process. I wish you a postive expereince and get things sorted asap.

Ouch. My holes I can hide by keeping the arms bent, but those outer rips destroy it's displayability.

Back