Storm Collectibles- Hulk Hogan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely didn't have the best matches, but there were a few that were pretty good. He actually was a better wrestler than WWF ever let him be as a match in Japan with Muta where he did a bit of chain wrestling (albiet a bit slow).

His backstage politics were some of the worst in the business, but I try to seperate that from the in ring performer a bit (he screwed Bret big time) though it can be hard at times. Can't stand that we didn't see Hogan/Flair in the WWF or Hogan/Hart. I think he blocked a program with Steamboat and Roberts too.

My fave Hogan matches were his match with Warrior, SNME with Henning, Goldberg in Atlanta, SNME with Harley Race (just a historically significant match), the one where he dropped the strap to Luger in WCW, Savage Wrestlemania V (the build for that one was awesome) vs. Flair on Raw (2002) and his first match in wcw, vs. Muta in Japan, vs. Arn Anderson, vs. Angle, vs. Jericho 2002, and my favorite match of all time vs. the Rock. That match had the best crowd reaction I've seen in the match.

None of these were technically good matches, but the significance and crowd reactions were off the charts which elevates a match in my eyes. Pretty much every other match he ever did was complete crap:lol Really had to rack my brain for good Hogan matches.
Yeah, his matches certainly were events in many cases, and entertaining ones. His match with Warrior is one of the most memorable of my childhood, though of course it isn't good if you take the hype and audience out of it. Same for his match with Andre, Rock, etc. I recall his handful of matches with AA in WCW, where Hogan lost to him twice I think! Unheard of, and it was nice to see a guy who was a solid worker and hand like Anderson getting that nod. Maybe he had blackmail material on the Hulkster.

Bret Hart. Please Storm!!!
Bret, Warrior, Savage, and Andre.

Yes PLEASE!!!! Wasn't a huge Warrior fan, but if they did his Wrestlemania 6 look it would be a must buy. Savage and Andre would be no brainers for me too.

Yeah, his matches certainly were events in many cases, and entertaining ones. His match with Warrior is one of the most memorable of my childhood, though of course it isn't good if you take the hype and audience out of it. Same for his match with Andre, Rock, etc. I recall his handful of matches with AA in WCW, where Hogan lost to him twice I think! Unheard of, and it was nice to see a guy who was a solid worker and hand like Anderson getting that nod. Maybe he had blackmail material on the Hulkster.

Events are a great way to categorize his matches, as a kid I was definitely entertained by them, particularly if they had a good build. The buildup for this matches with Warrior, Andre and Rock were just off the charts.

Arn Anderson is my top ten fave list so I was pretty stokked when he got a pinfall on Hogan. Really wish Arn got a run at the top, very underrated performer.

Make it happen

4d948d1432e238.66896461frogview-gallery.jpg

Attachments

• 4d948d1432e238.66896461frogview-gallery.jpg
    4d948d1432e238.66896461frogview-gallery.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 152
Arn Anderson is my top ten fave list so I was pretty stokked when he got a pinfall on Hogan. Really wish Arn got a run at the top, very underrated performer.
I think a lot of serious wrestling fans do appreciate all he did. I sure do. And the companies he worked for did, as well. He (and Tully) was a guy they assigned to fill time in an entertaining way in the middle of the card, or to take on the flashier, more popular guys and get them over. And really, he was at the top in the mid-late '80s NWA being part of that Horsemen crew. It seems like things slowed down a bit when he jumped ship to WWF and came back, but maybe that's more due to the general decline in the NWA/WCW than in Arn himself. He wasn't particularly charismatic or good looking or anything, and that probably put a clear ceiling on what he was going to be allowed to accomplish. But he was also damn good on the mic. As was Tully.

Classic line from Anderson I heard on Saturday morning : "Tony Schiovane, I dont mean to come out here and toot my own horn, but TOOT, TOOT!!" In his day Anderson was a fantastic talent and a great mechanic in the ring. Another classic anderson bit was when he would get punched repeatedly. When he would try to punch back he was so dazed he hit the mat face first while trying to fight back.

I've said I'd love flair, tully, AA, Luger & JJ as an exclusive.

I wonder how they are going to do his boots? Sculpted or fabric?

I think a lot of serious wrestling fans do appreciate all he did. I sure do. And the companies he worked for did, as well. He (and Tully) was a guy they assigned to fill time in an entertaining way in the middle of the card, or to take on the flashier, more popular guys and get them over. And really, he was at the top in the mid-late '80s NWA being part of that Horsemen crew. It seems like things slowed down a bit when he jumped ship to WWF and came back, but maybe that's more due to the general decline in the NWA/WCW than in Arn himself. He wasn't particularly charismatic or good looking or anything, and that probably put a clear ceiling on what he was going to be allowed to accomplish. But he was also damn good on the mic. As was Tully.

Loved Arn's mic work too. He doesn't get enough credit for getting the NWO angle over early on. Sucks that he got injured during the WCW boom period, but at least he was there for the beginning of it.

Classic line from Anderson I heard on Saturday morning : "Tony Schiovane, I dont mean to come out here and toot my own horn, but TOOT, TOOT!!" In his day Anderson was a fantastic talent and a great mechanic in the ring. Another classic anderson bit was when he would get punched repeatedly. When he would try to punch back he was so dazed he hit the mat face first while trying to fight back.
Yeah, where he puts his fists up like a classic bare knuckle brawler :lol

And of course, Anderson had the best spinebuster in the business.

Does anyone on here watch NJPW? If you guys want some good new wrestling check these links out, might make the wait for Hogan a little more entertaining. I love the Young Bucks this generation's Rockers:

NJPW.2015.jan.04.Wrestle.Kingdom.9.Japanese.PPV.WEB-DL.x264 - Video Dailymotion
NJPW.New.Year.Dash.2015 - Video Dailymotion
Been watching for years. That was a great card and JR was calling the play by play. Then again your talking about the best pro wrestling in the world when it comes to Japan. The Young Bucks also remind me of a younger version of The Hardys.

Been watching for years. That was a great card and JR was calling the play by play. Then again your talking about the best pro wrestling in the world when it comes to Japan. The Young Bucks also remind me of a younger version of The Hardys.

I knew there was a reason I liked you Full Metal, friend request sent ;) Yeah right now is a good time to be a wrestling fan. Lucha Underground,TNA currently as of Friday ;) NXT, NJPW, and ROH its good to be a fan right now. Yeah I'm new to NJPW but love the Bullet Club, good stuff there.

I knew there was a reason I liked you Full Metal, friend request sent ;) Yeah right now is a good time to be a wrestling fan. Lucha Underground,TNA currently as of Friday ;) NXT, NJPW, and ROH its good to be a fan right now. Yeah I'm new to NJPW but love the Bullet Club, good stuff there.
Thanks man.:hi5: NJPW is great. Definitely is a good time for wrestling with all those promotions, since WWE has been stale for quite some time. Except of course NXT and Daniel Bryan coming back. Either way I'll always be a fan of wrestling and I can't wait to see Hogan's figure.:yess:

Wow, seeing all the names being thrown around makes me think this line could get out of hand for my wallet :lol

If they made Shawn Michaels and HHH from their Degeneration-X days I'd buy sight unseen, that was high time of being into pro wrestling.

Where do you guys watch NJPW? I would be interested in checking it out more if I knew how to access their shows. I had lots of tapes back in the day of their stuff from the '80s and '90s, particularly the cruiserweight stuff with Jushin Liger et al.

Back