Storm Collectibles- Hulk Hogan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, I will have to buy Hulk Hogan. Fingers crossed for an Andre the Giant to go with him.

Interesting. I remember seeing a Marvel copyright on Hogan stuff back in the day, suggesting they had some deal with Marvel due to the use of the name "Hulk." I'm sure they'll cover their bases, as this will be fairly high profile considering the official Hogan endorsement. I'm excited about it, whatever the case. As a wrestling fan, I've got mixed feelings toward Hogan. His matches weren't actually very good in hindsight, and his backstage politics were the worst. But you can't deny his impact on the industry. The most iconic wrestler there has been so far IMO, and I would love to have him on the shelf.

Interesting. I remember seeing a Marvel copyright on Hogan stuff back in the day, suggesting they had some deal with Marvel due to the use of the name "Hulk." I'm sure they'll cover their bases, as this will be fairly high profile considering the official Hogan endorsement. I'm excited about it, whatever the case. As a wrestling fan, I've got mixed feelings toward Hogan. His matches weren't actually very good in hindsight, and his backstage politics were the worst. But you can't deny his impact on the industry. The most iconic wrestler there has been so far IMO, and I would love to have him on the shelf.

Read this:Comic Book Urban Legends Revealed #14! - Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book ResourcesComics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources
Interesting, I did not know this.

Not to sound like a Debbie Downer, but I have a bad feeling that Storm is working on this figure without the input/cooperation of the WWE.

I'm assuming we would then get a youngish Hogan with the appropriate ring attire. But does that mean no Hulkamania iconography? And no Winged Eagle? :gah:

hulkamania338.jpg

I would forget about the Belt or the old, licensed Hogan gear from the '80s or '90s. The genericish "Hollywood" pants or "Hulkamania" bandanas he may have worn at other times could probably be kept, though.

Hogan owns his Hulkamania rights. This is why he was able to take it from WWF to WCW to WWE to TNA aswell ad Japan and his own company.
I think he owns the Hollywood Hogan gimmick too, because he was Hollywood Hogan in TNa in 2010 for "The Band" gimmick. But nWo is owned by WWE. With that said, New Japan has used the nWo gimmick in the past with no issues, as well as in Mexico.

Storm's best move would be forming a relationship with WWE for production rights. This way, storm has a cataloge of wrestlers and details to choose from, its officially licensed, and WWE could sell them in their site. This would get Storm out there, and the fans would see the figures. Its almost a win win here. However, I don't know what return WWE would expect. Maybe 40% of sales? At that point it may not be worth it.

There is licensed merchandise and logos that could be restricted though. Some of them had WWF logos on them (like the bandana above), which would obviously be off-limits. New Japan and WCW worked together on the NWO stuff, so it was used with permission there. Great Muta and Masahiro Chono became NWO members on Nitro I think.

Hogan owns his Hulkamania rights. This is why he was able to take it from WWF to WCW to WWE to TNA aswell ad Japan and his own company.
I think he owns the Hollywood Hogan gimmick too, because he was Hollywood Hogan in TNa in 2010 for "The Band" gimmick. But nWo is owned by WWE. With that said, New Japan has used the nWo gimmick in the past with no issues, as well as in Mexico.

Storm's best move would be forming a relationship with WWE for production rights. This way, storm has a cataloge of wrestlers and details to choose from, its officially licensed, and WWE could sell them in their site. This would get Storm out there, and the fans would see the figures. Its almost a win win here. However, I don't know what return WWE would expect. Maybe 40% of sales? At that point it may not be worth it.
You're right about the nWo gimmick. I've seen Hall And X-Pac use it at indy promotions and yes New Japan had a version too.

There is licensed merchandise and logos that could be restricted though. Some of them had WWF logos on them (like the bandana above), which would obviously be off-limits. New Japan and WCW worked together on the NWO stuff, so it was used with permission there. Great Muta and Masahiro Chono became NWO members on Nitro I think.

WWE just finised buisness with the World Wildlife Fu d that stated WWE can use their original WWF logo and Attitide Era Sctratch Logo on its home video's and Network material again ( so no more blures!) I'm not sure if this opens up merchandise or not. But its a step in the right direction. I don't see why WWE wouldn't allow Storm to toss a fee WWF block logo's on a bandana. They aren't mass produced and in stores. We are talking what, 3,000 units tops?

:goodpost:

This. So many wrestlers, so many title belts, t-shirts, etc....

A deal with WWE would be good. How else are they gonna make anyone else without the deal with WWE?

Definitely didn't have the best matches, but there were a few that were pretty good. He actually was a better wrestler than WWF ever let him be as a match in Japan with Muta where he did a bit of chain wrestling (albiet a bit slow).

His backstage politics were some of the worst in the business, but I try to seperate that from the in ring performer a bit (he screwed Bret big time) though it can be hard at times. Can't stand that we didn't see Hogan/Flair in the WWF or Hogan/Hart. I think he blocked a program with Steamboat and Roberts too.

My fave Hogan matches were his match with Warrior, SNME with Henning, Goldberg in Atlanta, SNME with Harley Race (just a historically significant match), the one where he dropped the strap to Luger in WCW, Savage Wrestlemania V (the build for that one was awesome) vs. Flair on Raw (2002) and his first match in wcw, vs. Muta in Japan, vs. Arn Anderson, vs. Angle, vs. Jericho 2002, and my favorite match of all time vs. the Rock. That match had the best crowd reaction I've seen in the match.

None of these were technically good matches, but the significance and crowd reactions were off the charts which elevates a match in my eyes. Pretty much every other match he ever did was complete crap:lol Really had to rack my brain for good Hogan matches.

You're right about the nWo gimmick. I've seen Hall And X-Pac use it at indy promotions and yes New Japan had a version too.

The NWO trademark was licensed by WCW out to New Japan and to Mexican promotions. They not only ran their own version legally, but did talent swaps with it (although obviously only the B-grade US stars turned up as NWO in Japan and Mexico :) )

WWE owns it now. If Hall And X-Pac used it at indy promotions it was unauthorized.

I was never hugely into wrestling as a kid, but Hulk Hogan was still a fairly prominent presence in my childhood. Anyone else remember Thunder In Paradise? :lol

I wonder if there's any chance of a high-quality Macho Man figure? I'd almost certainly sell a kidney for that.

I was never hugely into wrestling as a kid, but Hulk Hogan was still a fairly prominent presence in my childhood. Anyone else remember Thunder In Paradise? :lol

I wonder if there's any chance of a high-quality Macho Man figure? I'd almost certainly sell a kidney for that.

Hogan, Warrior , and Macho Man and they could end the line. Those were THE greats of my time. Also, Austin, Rock, and Goldberg. But I don't see them happening.

Oh man, I will have to buy Hulk Hogan. Fingers crossed for an Andre the Giant to go with him.

I did bring this name up during the chat. Who knows? haha However I think they did like Ultimate Warrior though.

we seen the body yet?

Nothing has been shown at all yet. Im sure they will post on their facebook as soon something is ready. Unpainted sculpt more like.

I haven't been this excited in a figure for a long time.

This thread was quiet for a while and then boom, lots of feedback. Hope the excitement is as high as for the Tyson figure,

Back