Storage suggestion for swap out pieces

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZMike

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Looking for some pro tips on how to best store the swap out items that come with various statues, comiquettes, etc. I like having them close by to make swapping out easier and I keep my boxes in a storage unit. Obviously some of these pieces are small and somewhat delicate, so take that into consideration.

Thanks,

Mike

I take everything out of the boxes and then put the boxes in storage. I got some containers from Hobby Lobby that I use for pieces. I keep the accessories for each character separated. Had to get a few different types to accommodate some of the larger accessories but I like being able to find what I need for the specific figure quickly.

I use these for 1:6 figures: Amazon.com : Plano 23600-01 Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers : Fishing Tackle Boxes : Sports & Outdoors

For anything delicate, I put them in archival safe clear plastic jewelry bags first.

They make bigger ones that might work for statue parts, like this one: Amazon.com : Plano 23630-01 Deep Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers : Fishing Tackle Boxes : Sports & Outdoors

But I just keep my PF swap out parts in the box since they really don't get used often, if at all.

Last edited:
I take everything out of the boxes and then put the boxes in storage. I got some containers from Hobby Lobby that I use for pieces. I keep the accessories for each character separated. Had to get a few different types to accommodate some of the larger accessories but I like being able to find what I need for the specific figure quickly.

I didn't even think of Hobby Lobby. Thanks.

I use these for 1:6 figures: Amazon.com : Plano 23600-01 Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers : Fishing Tackle Boxes : Sports & Outdoors

For anything delicate, I put them in archival safe clear plastic jewelry bags first.

They make bigger ones that might work for statue parts, like this one: Amazon.com : Plano 23630-01 Deep Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers : Fishing Tackle Boxes : Sports & Outdoors

But I just keep my PF swap out parts in the box since they really don't get used often, if at all.

This is what i ended up going with. For the most part its been a good solution. The only problem is the fixed dividers that go length wise. I wish there was a more modular box that functioned like these, but I making it work in the short term. Thanks for your input.

I would recommend something like this: Amazon.com: Orion 05999 Pluck-Foam Deluxe Large Accessory Case (Black): Camera & Photo

It's padded, so that if the pieces move around, they will still be protected instead of scratching against plastic. The little cubes in the bottom can also be removed individually to make custom space for each accessory.

This thing is BEAST MODE! Sucks its not eligible for PRIME (man we are spoiled now aren't we?). Great suggestion.

I use these for figures that come with small accessories. I like that I can have one for each figure and keep them all in one case, though the one I buy is bigger than the one in this pic and comes with 24 small boxes in the case. I think it's around $35 for the whole thing but I always use a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby when I buy one so its not too bad of a deal.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421215060.146005.jpg

For figures that have have large accessories or come with a lot I use one of these

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421215192.240613.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421215198.192210.jpg

I got all of them at Hobby Lobby.

So I went with this...Amazon.com - ArtBin 4-Compartment Tarnish Inhibitor Large Box, Translucent Clear - Rainbow Loom Organizer

IMG_1840.jpg

It works pretty well for the short term, although I had to do some surgery with the fixed dividers. Had to bust out some pretty hefty shears. Overall Im satisfied with the size of the box and how accessible it is being stored in my office desk drawer. I understand people keeping them in the box, but I don't like keeping my boxes on site for numerous reasons (space, etc.).

I actually really dig this thread. I think its super helpful for collectors old and new. Thanks everyone for your suggestions :clap

Back