Stick your neck out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marine Boy

Super Freak
Reaction score
A useful mod, particularly with figures with several layers of clothing, is to lengthen the neck. This is for the standard neck connectors, not seamless necks.

Split the connector in half. I do this by placing it into a vice (seams touching the sides) then gently tightening it until it pops open. Use a flat screwdriver to pry it open gently if necessary.

neck1.jpg

Remove the lower plug. Cut a small octagon of plasticard, (i used 2mm thick here). Make sure it is just smaller than the plug in diameter.

neck2.jpg

neck3.jpg

Fit back into the neck as shown and close it up. (don't glue it yet, until you have checked you have enough height.)

neck4.jpg

Before and after. You can vary the height, with the thickness of the plasticard you use.

neck5.jpg

If you need more than a 2mm increase, you will have to shave some of the plastic off, to allow the plug to fit properly.

neck6.jpg

neck7.jpg

Any more than 4mm, and the gap at the base of the neck becomes noticeable. Not a problem if the figure has a high collar. I hope this is useful.

Great tips! On the opposite of that, if you plan to shorten the neck you'll need a dremel tool to drill into the head, taking away the hard plastic center. I once had to work with a body that seemingly doesn't take any regular neck adapters. :lol

Back