Stephen King's It Remake 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What scene? I've seen the movie like once.

It's from the book.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyway, I think the trailer looked great! The kids look good and the photography looks nice. The house on Neibolt street looks super-gnarly! :rock

It's from the book.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What the ****... Pedo much Mr. King?

Kinda reminds me of Peter Benchley having Hooper **** Brody's wife in Jaws... like what was the value in that?

I'll say this, the original kids looked more memorable.

These new kids might be better actors, but they all look the same to me :lol

Well, give it a minute. I remember watching the trailer for Fellowship and the first time I saw the hobbits I thought, "I am never going to be able to tell these mother****ers apart." :lol

Yeah, I read IT for the first time earlier this year and I was like "WTF?!?!?!? when I got to that part. Junkion did a great job explaining King's thought process about it, but still...

Though the fact that he has admitted he was coked up out of his mind while writing it sort of explains it...

What the ****... Pedo much Mr. King?

Kinda reminds me of Peter Benchley having Hooper **** Brody's wife in Jaws... like what was the value in that?

Spoiler Spoiler:

I never read Jaws but that's kind of hilarious out of context. :lol

Looks great. Going to read the book in anticipation to the film and I do love the 90's tv film but it does have its problems and not fully accurate to the book king wrote. Like others I'll be curious what they add from the book and keep out like the Spoiler above. Little far fetched but you know that's stephen king for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I read the book shortly after the TV movie aired, and I was about the same age as the kids in the book.

I didn't really understand the scene when I read it, but I remembered it. It just seemed really odd to me. But by that point in the book there was a giant Turtle or something, too, so none of it made any sense to me.

My brother read the book for the first time a year or two ago. He said he was enjoying it up until that part. He has little kids of his own, and he went on a furious rant about how sickening it was and how messed up King must be in the head.

Supposedly King was realllly hitting the booze and coke hard when he was finishing the book, so maybe that's why the last part of the book was so baffling.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I never read Jaws but that's kind of hilarious out of context. :lol

I didn't either, just some information I found out there. Apparently critics of Benchley say that he sticks in meaningless sex sub plots in all his novels.

All totally understandable reactions. I think after IT he wrote Tommyknockers and then hit rehab, but I'm fuzzy on the timeline. I think he's said Tommyknockers is the absolute bottom of the barrel regarding his coke/booze-fueled writing.

I'm currently listening to 11/22/63 on audible (I have very little free time to read but can listen to whatever at work). Any IT fan should read it. I don't want to spoil anything but the first quarter of the book has a very strong relationship to IT.

I didn't either, just some information I found out there. Apparently critics of Benchley say that he sticks in meaningless sex sub plots in all his novels.

I believe it. I mean, you can skip entire chapters of Moby **** because Melville was paid by the page as I understand it. We like to elevate the written word but really authors are just hungry weirdos like the rest of us.

11/22/63 is a DAMN good book. Haven't seen the Hulu series yet, but I know that there's no way that it'll be as good as the book.

I believe it. I mean, you can skip entire chapters of Moby **** because Melville was paid by the page as I understand it. We like to elevate the written word but really authors are just hungry weirdos like the rest of us.

Very true. I don't read too much but I read the American Psycho novel a few years back. Fun read, but holy **** do we need entire chapters about Bateman talking about Phil Collins? Apparently, we did.

Big fan of the original mini tv series. I thought the trailer for this looked great. I'll see it.

I read that Tim curry was very afraid of clowns and agreed to do the character as long as there were no mirrors around or something

Tim Curry was the original voice of the Joker in Batman The Animated Series. He did a few episodes before Hamill replaced him.

It doesn't look bad, but it looks like the exact same movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back