Stephen King's It Remake 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, no PF coming from Sideshow...

Originally Posted by Pilky
Hi Alex,

When will Sideshow be making a Pennywise Premium format statue from the new IT movie?

I would LOVE a Pennywise Premium Format Figure (either new movie or previous made for TV version). Sideshow doesn't have the license to make either though, so there are no plans on one at this time.

Going to see this later tonight. The reviews and plot synopsis have lured me in. With the lack of memorable horror this decade, I just can't resist seeing this even if It sucks. :lol

Sitting in the theatre waiting for it to start now. I'll be posting my thoughts when I get home. So excited!!! Glad I finished rereading the book a couple weeks ago!

Just got back. I have yet to actually read the book, so I can't complain about anything not being accurate to the novel. Without giving away any big spoilers, here are my thoughts:

The first half of the movie felt, for the most part, like your average run-of-the-mill modern horror - I.E., cheesy jump scares, sleazy characters, loads of sexual jokes, etc. I'm still a little iffy on Bill Skarsgård as Pennywise - some parts of his performance I liked, other times he felt like he was overdoing it a bit. I also feel like they used a little too much CGI with the clown at times, although that's not really a gripe that I have with Bill's actual performance, but the decisions made during post-production.

The one big thing that did stand out about this, compared to most of the horror movies of the past 5-10 years that I've seen, is that this did a decent job at getting me to actually feel for some of the characters by the time the movie was half over - something that fun and creative, albeit lackluster, movies like Trick 'r Treat and Krampus I felt never really succeeded at. Most of the protagonist characters in modern horror feel like afterthought fodder who are simply there for the killer/villains to torture - I didn't feel that was the case here, for the most part - which is a good thing.

Overall I enjoyed It. It certainly wasn't bad enough for me to feel cheated in going to see it, but not really good enough for me to care about seeing it in theatres again or buying it on DVD/Blu-ray. 6.5/10 - a worthy effort, IMHO.

All right fellas. I'm back.

Short version: It was really good!

Long version: ...

So it was really good, much better than the original miniseries and closer to the book as well. That being said, they did take some liberties. Some worked very well and some didn't so much. Honestly that's me nicpicking though.

They absolutely NAILED the children's characters. The actors did a wonderful job, and were very much like they book counterparts. The only problem with characters was the short amount of screen time some of them got. Patrick was by far one of the most awful and horrific characters in the entire book, he did **** that made me burn with rage. But they get rid of him in like the first 20 min of the film. It was at this point that I realized just how dense the book was. There is just too much to put into a 2 hour and 20 minute film. Even just the kids' story. They switched the characters of Mike and Ben which was SUPER weird. Other than those small things, everything was spot on.

Ben Skarsgarddid a wonderful job. Very creepy and demanded your attention anytime he was on screen.

Lot of awesome nods to stuff in the book. The turtle was mentioned a couple times in small ways. The Bradley Gang stuff from the book was obviously all cut, but they had a mural on the wall in the alley with it. Good stuff!

Lots of foreshadowing as well. Stanley being the last the enter the house (and most reluctant), as well as being the 1st to leave the group at the end was VERY on the nose for everyone has read the book.

Last thing, I'm rambling and have to get back to my friends, the stuff with Bill, Bev, and Ben was handled very well. This was always an interesting story in the book. The small romantic sublot that made it's way from kids to adults in the book, they did a much better job in this film than they did in the miniseries.

That's all I got right now. I'm sorry for rushing, but my friends and I are still hanging out so I gotta run. Peace out!

Handful of people left, and it was due to the fear and emotion of the film. I personally liked it. Not a fan of horror due to it being average, but this was a spectacular film. Children actors these days have just been blowing me away. This was no exception. Skarsgard did a good job as he always has that creepy demeanor, and knowing he can alter his eyes, just goes to show his ability.

Most people are trying to be overtly harsh as they always try to be when something is fresh. I haven't read the book, but from what I've heard from all my friends and associates that have; it was very well done. Can't wait to see the adult chapter!

Just saw it. I read the book and saw the older movie a few times. I thought it started slow and was thinking maybe it wouldn't be so good, but it turned out ok. I don't find movies/clowns scary so I didn't find Pennywise scary, but people around me jumped a couple of times. I think I just like the look of Pennywise better than him moving, talking, or anything else. My imagination gives me the best version of him. Beyond that, it's just another attempt at a scary clown movie. I'd give it a 6.5-7/10. Doubt I'd be interested in watching it again, but would buy the BR if it came with something cool.

Last edited:
There's elements of the original that are sorely missed

And some regrettably absent dialogue that make this remake a bit disappointing

That said

I enjoyed it

Although I kinda wanted to walk out of the theatre after the opening sequence

I don't have children but that ultimately is every parents worst nightmare

I had a difficult time digesting what happened to Jorgie

Also how could they leave out "this is battery acid you slime" ?

Some weak character development for Richie and Ben

I thought Tim Currys performance was still more iconic than the new guys

Great costuming in this film

Some great scares

But the scene with IT / Bens father on the lake was absent regrettably

And the bathroom scene lacked purpose

These kids stood out the most acting wise. Esp Beverly
JAEDEN-LIEBERHER-as-Bill-Denbrough-and-SOPHIA-LILLIS-as-Beverly-Marsh-in-New-Line-Cinema’s-horror-thriller-.jpg

jack-dylan-glazer-jaeden-lieberher-finn-wolfhard-en-it-2017.jpg

Brilliant movie. It is by far one of the best horror movie out there. Especially if we consider the last 10 years or so. Great characters (finally the kids talk like kids in the real world.), great dialogs...and Pennywise was just great. The movie had a huge hearth. And yes Tim Curry was great but this new guy is on a whole another level. Can't wait for part 2 and I wish more horror movies would be like that.

Back