Statue Securing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savageHULK

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to start this thread to see if there are any known techniques used to secure statues to shelves or on top of cabinets to ensure that they do not tip or fall over. I live in Earth quake prone California and this would be great.

I was thinking some "no residue" stickies or maybe if people have fastened them down somehow. I have some ideas, but wanted to see if there was a generic "go-to" idea.

Thanks guys. Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Mr. Green's Besta is not so high and is wide enough so no need to secure. And statue usually stationed in the middle of it anyway, so safe. But if you live in Earth quake area, maybe have the glass door to add some protection and rubber footing underneath.

This is what I use. I even have to use it in some of my statue peg/hole connections, because they are so loose or shallow that they would fall out of their bases in a significant tremor.

Does this leave any residue or cause any damage? (Especially in joints like you use it for)

wn13-3f.gif

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to start this thread to see if there are any known techniques used to secure statues to shelves or on top of cabinets to ensure that they do not tip or fall over. I live in Earth quake prone California and this would be great.

I was thinking some "no residue" stickies or maybe if people have fastened them down somehow. I have some ideas, but wanted to see if there was a generic "go-to" idea.

Thanks guys. Sorry if this is the wrong section.

if you lived in LA or SF, I'd say yea, you should be worried about quakes, but where we live? Not a chance for a big quake.

if you lived in LA or SF, I'd say yea, you should be worried about quakes, but where we live? Not a chance for a big quake.

I think I am going to do the putty if it doesn't leave residue. Just in case. I mean, I've heard there are toppling/balance issues with the new thor pf so it wouldn't hurt right?

I live in Southern Cali and I always worried about quakes toppling over our statues. This was a great and informative thread. Thanks!

Back