Statue Repair - Metal Claws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Wolverine Premium Format that could use a repair to the metal claws. They had some oxidization on them and I tried to remove it with fine sandpaper and didn't realize they're just coated in silver. There's a copper color underneath. Looking for some tips to repair the claws or if there's anyone on the forums that can repair them for me. Of course I would cover the shipping costs and whatever is a fair price for the repairs.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Wolverine Premium Format that could use a repair to the metal claws. They had some oxidization on them and I tried to remove it with fine sandpaper and didn't realize they're just coated in silver. There's a copper color underneath. Looking for some tips to repair the claws or if there's anyone on the forums that can repair them for me. Of course I would cover the shipping costs and whatever is a fair price for the repairs.

Any help would be appreciated.

what are you trying to repair? do you mean the claws become rough and you want to smoothen it and repaint it? was it chrome when new?

easy way is to sand off the rough surface, clean the area, paint brush the area with Glossy Black, you want a wet coat so they look really glossy, let it dry, apply Chrome powder like MGM with cottonbud and rub it around the area. The glossier & smooth the surface the better the chrome looks. You can then seal it off with a thin coat of Future Floor Finish.

what are you trying to repair? do you mean the claws become rough and you want to smoothen it and repaint it? was it chrome when new?

easy way is to sand off the rough surface, clean the area, paint brush the area with Glossy Black, you want a wet coat so they look really glossy, let it dry, apply Chrome powder like MGM with cottonbud and rub it around the area. The glossier & smooth the surface the better the chrome looks. You can then seal it off with a thin coat of Future Floor Finish.

Unfortunately I'm not too handy at things like that, though I'll try it if I'm not able to find someone that does this sort of work. I appreciate the advice. I'll admit, I thought it might not be that involved of a process.

Back