Stargate Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why this ship is following the seed ship either. My guess is that its one of the mysteries of the show. I'm not sure if the characters even know they are following another ship planting stargates.

My guess is that this is pre ATA gene technology. IIRC this ship is pre-Atlantis so that is a possibility.

Being the pre ATA gene tech was my guess as well. As to why they're following another ship....you got me there

Here's a question I've been pondering. Why does this Stargate look different from Atlantis' stargate, which looks different from the original one on Earth? I never really cared for the design or operation of the Atlantis gate. And I never quite figured out exactly how it worked.

Here's a question I've been pondering. Why does this Stargate look different from Atlantis' stargate, which looks different from the original one on Earth? I never really cared for the design or operation of the Atlantis gate. And I never quite figured out exactly how it worked.

My guess is that they want to seperate and distinguish between the different shows. I can understand that though, it would be repetitive to have all the stargates look the same. They seem to be getting more and more advanced, I'm guessing that the stargate for the 4th series will be a hologram or something:rotfl:rotfl

Ancient tech must be like Star Wars tech, the older it is the more advanced it is. :lol

Another Question for ya, It doesn't make much sense to have a ship bouncing around the Universe for no reason I don't recall them stating if they had found out yet as to where it came from or where it was going? and to be abandoned? I guess the answer to that question will unfold, the Ancients should Tech should be understandable to the SG personal there in some form or fashion to come up more definate answers

Another Question for ya, It doesn't make much sense to have a ship bouncing around the Universe for no reason I don't recall them stating if they had found out yet as to where it came from or where it was going? and to be abandoned? I guess the answer to that question will unfold, the Ancients should Tech should be understandable to the SG personal there in some form or fashion to come up more definate answers
i'm guessing that these mysteries will be unlocked during the course of the series.

as for the ship planting gates. i'm pretty sure they aren't just following it down the highway. by "follow" they mean they are on the same course. but i imagine the gate planting ship passed through millions of years before. so cultures have probably evolved around the gates on their planets much like on SG-1. hopefully there will be some interactions with these beings like on the past shows.

Hmm, that's a good question, I hadn't thought of how far apart the ships may be time wise. I don't think its millions of years ahead, but maybe a few hundred. Those ancients really made plans for the long run, huh?

You should get the DVD's SS, I think they are both really great shows.

how is atlantis as a series? i've never watched it. i only own all 10 seasons of sg-1 and the 2 DVD sequel movies. everybody says atlantis is a disappointment.

I enjoyed the entire Atlantis series. Toward the end it was a bit like SG-1 where (to me it seemed) they weren't sure when the show would end so they hesitated to start exploring new avenues and some of the old ones got a little worn out.

I didn't care for the way it ended either, but I wouldn't say it was a bad ending. It just wasn't quite satisfying. But I wasn't overly satisfied with the SG-1 ending either.

Simple: upgrades.:monkey5 The newer it is, the older it looks.:lol

as for the ship planting gates. i'm pretty sure they aren't just following it down the highway. by "follow" they mean they are on the same course. but i imagine the gate planting ship passed through millions of years before. so cultures have probably evolved around the gates on their planets much like on SG-1. hopefully there will be some interactions with these beings like on the past shows.

That's the thing I'm not so sure of. In the Milky Way, most of the humans were taken from Earth and spread out through the galaxy by the Go'uld, so they all resumble humans. In Pegasus, the Ancients seeded life from them, so the humans would look pretty similar to them (us). But where the Destiny is going, I don't see how human life could evolve if gates are just being dropped on planets. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this though..........

maybe there are no inhabited planets on this show. maybe the whole show just has them stoping at planets and trying to solve the puzzle of what supplies they need to find. maybe they'll never meet another being for the entire life of the show.:lol

That's the thing I'm not so sure of. In the Milky Way, most of the humans were taken from Earth and spread out through the galaxy by the Go'uld, so they all resumble humans. In Pegasus, the Ancients seeded life from them, so the humans would look pretty similar to them (us). But where the Destiny is going, I don't see how human life could evolve if gates are just being dropped on planets. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this though..........

That's the thing I never liked about Star Trek, that all these aliens look so much like Humans from Earth. Same explanation there with the planets being seeded by a much earlier race, as well as a few alien races were gathered from Earth Humans. This was mostly done because of budgetary reasons and effect limitations, but with special effects what they are today, I hope SU has some truly alien looking creatures.

That's the thing I never liked about Star Trek, that all these aliens look so much like Humans from Earth. Same explanation there with the planets being seeded by a much earlier race, as well as a few alien races were gathered from Earth Humans. This was mostly done because of budgetary reasons and effect limitations, but with special effects what they are today, I hope SU has some truly alien looking creatures.

That would be Sweet if they came up with some very nasty creatures SM, I know it's PG but that would :rock

Back