Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG by Bioware

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fail. I'm ashamed that I actually spent money on this POS.

Man, I wonder if those whiny fanboys on the SWTOR forums still endlessly troll and attack anyone who has a negative comment about the game.

It's truly amazing, isn't it? A year and a half ago this was the most exciting thing that I was looking forward to. It was going to be the absolute perfect MMORPG.

...and it turns out to be a huge steaming pile of bantha poodoo

It actually had potential, but in this day and age you need to be polished out the gate to be charging money. Also, the knee jerk reactions their team would do to "perceived" problems was a joke. Another issue I didn't like was how quickly items would be phased out before they were generally achievable.

Then there was the whole side list of small nagging things, that a third rate publisher would have working that they just seemed to ignore. Nothing game breaking, but just things to make you scratch your head and say, they have programmers, right? :dunno

I'm not surprised the game went free to play, I played the Sith Warrior story, I had a few other characters after but only ever made it anywhere with the Jedi Knight since at least I was hearing new dialogue. It was just hard to want to play the story again when only the main story missions per class were any different. But the game also never really felt like Star Wars aside from some of the planets. Character creation is way to limited there are very few variations on the same exact design. Content takes forever to come out, and now Bioware is saying Yet Again that content will be on a more frequent basis starting this fall, well they said after 1.2 content would be out every month, that never happened. legacy while yeah it seemed like a cool idea all of the features were so expensive in terms of in game currency that they were completely useless. Now Bioware is adding a new currency for premium items, well I'm sure that will be horribly expensive as well. overall what could have been a great game was just a very basic MMO with a Star Wars skin slapped on it, and run by people who clearly have no idea to run an MMO.

I keep wondering why people are so actively rooting against the game--it's not a terrible game, I'm disappointed that they didn't do more than copy WoW and just add the fully-voiced missions, but it's still worth playing through. And now for people that don't think it's worth the monthly fee it'll be free.

I keep wondering why people are so actively rooting against the game--it's not a terrible game, I'm disappointed that they didn't do more than copy WoW and just add the fully-voiced missions, but it's still worth playing through. And now for people that don't think it's worth the monthly fee it'll be free.

i agree. i was one of the first players of the game...even got to beta it in san diego last year for a bit. however, i do feel somewhat cheated paying for a game that nearly mimics one of the best mmorpgs in history. they had the right idea...it just took them a long time to add more content and fix some serious issues with the game...just like dc universe online. it had some promise, but just couldn't hold up in the long run.

Totally. I understand maybe being bored with the game or whatever but I see a lot of people relishing and actively denouncing this game and wishing it to burn. I don't get it. Like it's continued existence is causing them harm or something.

This game's difficulty keeping and or building a new subscription base really just makes me 'wow' at the fact that WOW is still going crazy strong. My brother tried to get me to play WOW when I visited the family last year and my god! I lasted five min with that dated pos. Any time I call him, i always asked how his purple animal companion is doing. he loves that!

I just wish they would have gone on their own way. I feel like the hardcore MMO players really kind of forced them into making it like other MMO's like with all the features, like a lot of the mechanics are the same as MMO's from 10 years ago, but that's because the hardcore players basically forced them to do it that way. There's been articles of people talking about wanting to play it "the way I play MMO's"

Like why is that a thing? Why does it have to be like other MMO's? And then of course those same hardcore players complain about it once the game is out even though they were the ones asking for it to be that way. Or even I've read people's comments saying they've played through 4 characters to level 50 but the game is crap? Why play it that much if you think the game is crap?

Actually I'd think the true MMO hardcore players were aching for them to go their own way and not copy WoW.

Back