Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG by Bioware

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a new race--it's like some kind of animal-like race. Still fairly humanoid though.

Cathar is the new race, I'm still not sure what's going on with this game, I know patch 1.3 is coming this summer but none of this stuff was announced as being part of 1.3 so is this a separate update? Is it free? EA and Bioware are not exactly helping me want to keep my sub with the game.

so the new race is humans with Cat ears. Wheee.

hey, atleast the panderans don't LOOK like a normal human wearing funny headgear.
bioware's stance that they don't think people would be able to "really connect" wwith the more alienraces, like wookies, transdoshians, Mon Calamari, etc ( the non near-human races) and thus have no plans to make them playable is rtarded.

hey, atleast the panderans don't LOOK like a normal human wearing funny headgear.
bioware's stance that they don't think people would be able to "really connect" wwith the more alienraces, like wookies, transdoshians, Mon Calamari, etc ( the non near-human races) and thus have no plans to make them playable is rtarded.

Their opinion on whether I would "really connect" with something or not is "really disconnecting" me from enjoyment. They really ought to listen to the masses. After all, we are paying them to play.

Shouldn't it be ME that decides what I would "really connect" with?

I'd like to be a Nautolian or a Kaleesh
Nautolan's my favorite race. Would love to be a Kaleesh too.

And Kel Dor, Iktotchi, Togruta, Rodian, Trandoshan, Wookie, Ithorian, Cerean, etc..

It's funny that they say we won't be able to connect with our character..but we connect with many of these races throughout the game as our companions.

...I hate Bioware

Thats utter tripe.

The real reason is its saves them hours and hard work if everyone looks human. They can't even get hoods right with Twi'leks they are missing around 50% of the games looks

Can you image them trying to do face mask and helmets for Mon Cal and Bothans and Rodians?

Worst MMO I've ever came by and the statue that comes with the Collector's Edition doesn't worth it.

Thats utter tripe.

The real reason is its saves them hours and hard work if everyone looks human. They can't even get hoods right with Twi'leks they are missing around 50% of the games looks

Can you image them trying to do face mask and helmets for Mon Cal and Bothans and Rodians?
Exactly, this game has been in development longer than any other, I believe was the most expensive, and the only race we get to play is human. Oh and colored human. Oh and horned human. Oh and tattooed human. Oh and blind human. Oh and twi'lek. But you can't enjoy playing a twi'lek because there are hundreds of problems with their weapons/clothes interferring with lekku.

Good job Bioware.

And yet, Sony managed to make it work. go figure.
And Wow makes it KINDA work, though most people just turn helm graphics off anyways.

Possibly going to be free.....
https://gamasutra.com/view/news/172...freetoplay_for_Star_Wars_The_Old_Republic.php

As subscriptions for BioWare's major MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic begin to dip, the studio has admitted that it is considering making the game free-to-play.

The Old Republic launched last December, and quickly amassed 1 million subscribers after just three days, eventually settling on 1.7 million after a couple of months.

However, just months later subscriptions for the game had fallen to 1.3 million, as publisher EA said that it was down to the numerous non-paying subscribers who stopped playing after using up the game's 30-days of free game time.

Talking to video game magazine GamesTM, BioWare lead designer Emmanuel Lusinchi has now said that the company is exploring the free-to-play model for the game.

"The MMO market is very dynamic and we need to be dynamic as well," he explained. "Unless people are happy with what they have, they are constantly demanding updates, new modes and situations."

He continued, "So we are looking at free-to-play but I can't tell you in much detail. We have to be flexible and adapt to what is going on."

However, Lusinchi believes that the success of major free-to-play games is far more than the game simply being free, but rather, the game needs to have competitive in-game prices compared to other titles.

"If it was just free-to-play games and they weren't very good it wouldn't even be a question but there are definitely good games out there and good games coming out, so of course all of this competition impacts your plan with what you want to do," he noted.

BioWare has run a number of free weekends for The Old Republic, in an attempt to ensnare more players into signing up for subscriptions.

much more likely than possibly, if they're talking about it in the open now, it's almost a sure thing .

also, called it, F2P in under a year.

Although I don't play the game anymore, the Cathar thing keeps bothering me. :lol

It's just so obvious that they're adding it because cats are the popular thing right now. Avatar, lolcats, that race in Skyrim.....what the ____ is with this big obsession with cats.

Oh man, I can't wait to get on Star Wars and play as a badass alien race...oh wait, THEY HAVE CAT PEOPLE!?! :panic:

Although I don't play the game anymore, the Cathar thing keeps bothering me. :lol

It's just so obvious that they're adding it because cats are the popular thing right now. Avatar, lolcats, that race in Skyrim.....what the ____ is with this big obsession with cats.

Oh man, I can't wait to get on Star Wars and play as a badass alien race...oh wait, THEY HAVE CAT PEOPLE!?! :panic:

Khajiit have been a race in The Elder Scrolls series since the first game, Arena, in 1994. Granted they were more human back then, but they have still been cat people for more than a decade.

Server transfer was pretty dumb... Being at a dead server at swiftsure... we were transfered to Fatman... a server that was already HEAVY!... Now its supper heavy where some people are just camping at the hangers because their computers cant handle the fleet.... looool :slap

Back