Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think parents are to blame.
They are, unfortunately.
Either letting their kid play a game he's not suppose to or crying against the whole industry as being the violence educator.

Videogames as a whole are less impactful because people are less likely to repeat the experience (play again) than they are to watch a movie a second time. I'm a parent, I love Video Games, just wish I had time to play them, it's much easier for me to pop in a favorite movie than to play a game again.
There's an issue where playing a videogame all the way through requires a lot of time and energy. Most who play games don't finish them, and you don't get the full experience, which for good and bad affects perceptions. Movies are relatively short, and don't take a lot of energy to get into for the most part.
That's one thing I didn't think of...
Good points.

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

The official name is Star Wars: The Force Awakens

fDSYg9J.jpg

Games deserved to hold the same value as movies.
Stupid parents and misunderstanding of the market is what holds that from being realized.

It depends what you mean by "same value".
I'm a gamer, love games. But they are a completely different thing than movies.

Some strive to be cinematic like movies, but it's a completely different thing.
Acting, script and cinematography are not natural in video games. Again some strive to achieve these things but always with some contrivance to include the player.

And they are not live action but animated.

They are just not comparable as forms of media.
And what's my mother got to do with it?

The title is fine.

Do you guys NOT remember the s-storm that came when "The Phantom Menace" title was announced? And "Attack of the Clones" for that matter?

not having a big problem with it... better then attack of the clones !!

I don't mind it as a title. It's not very action packed though. Anyways, title doesn't matter. It's what follows the title I am concerned with.

Got to start practicing my abbreviations: FAT... cap.... FTA.... nope... erm, ATF....

The title reveal would have worked better with a character poster. Show Daisy with a lightsaber and a silhouette of Luke

I like that title better than The Ancient Fear. As far as the first trailer I would have pegged Avengers to have it attached to. But I guess if they want it out sooner makes sense it would be Hunger Games or something like that.

Back