Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucas sounds bitter all of a sudden, with the whole comparison to Disney as 'White Slavers.' Of course, he could make himself feel better and laugh all the way to the bank with that cool 4 billion he scored three years back with the sale!!!

tGcr9pf.jpg

:lol

So are we to assume that Luke redesigned the blue saber because I thought he lost it in Bespin with Vader cutting the hand off. :dunno

But Vader didn't freeze the blast, he just stopped it using his hands.

Sure but so what. Who says you can't freeze it? What's the huge difference between freezing and stopping.

Out of the thousands of years Jedi and Sith history and the thousands of Jedi and Sith that have existed we've only seen a small handful up close and personal using force powers. Who knows what is possible. Especially during this era which is unlike any other we've seen.

But, that is awesome.

JJ Abrams? Now there is Darth Plagiarist.

Why? Because his film has a droid who has this information/plans for this resistance/rebel group and the droid ends up in this desert planet meeting this force sensitive person who lives in the desert, and they have to outrun and escape this "empire" who is after the droid, which leads to them going to this green planet where this wise little green creature tells the hero what he/she needs to hear, and we later see Leia looking at a big screen because the empire has this giant starkiller ball that destroys planets. And then two of the heroes have to break in to the "Empire's" base to rescue this woman which leads to the force sensitive person's mentor getting killed with a lightsaber by the villain in black who wears a mask. Meanwhile the new empire goes after the rebel group with Leia and C3PO together and the only way for the resistance to win is by flying their ships into that giant ball to blow it up? I don't know, man. Sounds brand new to me.

UPDATE: George Lucas has apologized for comparing Disney to 'white slavers' in an interview he did with CBS' Charlie Rose. According to Variety, Lucas called the statement a "very inappropriate analogy."

The Star Wars creator felt it important to say he's "thrilled" Disney owns the franchise, and he's very proud of The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy on the film's runaway success.

Oh my god seriously who cares about the comparisons to New Hope? It's like people are so desperate to tear this apart they are beating a dead horse. Are they similar? Yes. Is the movie good? In my opinion hell yes. It's fun and enjoyable entertainment with like able characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure but so what. Who says you can't freeze it? What's the huge difference between freezing and stopping.

Out of the thousands of years Jedi and Sith history and the thousands of Jedi and Sith that have existed we've only seen a small handful up close and personal using force powers. Who knows what is possible. Especially during this era which is unlike any other we've seen.

The sad thing is, most of that history is probably not even canon anymore, but regardless of what's official, we have seen the best force uses in the films, supposedly. Yoda, Palpatine, Mace, Anakin (the chosen one), Dooku, and Obi Wan, so I think we're pretty familiar with what the best can or can't do, otherwise they would have done it. I bet the new films will keep adding abilities as they need to compete with superhero films, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them flying at some point as ridiculous as that sounds.

I believe that there should be limits and boundaries to their abilities, so that there is consistency, to avoid things like force user without training or incomplete training using the force in ways that makes the previous "masters" look like amateurs. So until Luke in one of the next films says, "Rey, you are better than all the previous jedi", I just want the novice characters to have some limits.

UPDATE:George Lucas has apologized for comparing Disney to 'white slavers' in an interview he did with CBS' Charlie Rose. According to Variety, Lucas called the statement a "very inappropriate analogy."

The Star Wars creator felt it important to say he's "thrilled" Disney owns the franchise, and he's very proud of The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy on the film's runaway success.

Come on, George! Own it! What's Disney gonna do? Take back the check? :lol

UPDATE: George Lucas has apologized for comparing Disney to 'white slavers' in an interview he did with CBS' Charlie Rose. According to Variety, Lucas called the statement a "very inappropriate analogy."

What a puss. He shouldn't have retracted it, because he definitely meant it.

And his analogy was correct too, that is basically what he did. :lol I don't get it, if he didn't want to sell it and regrets it, why did he do it? It's not like Disney had the power to threaten him and take it away.

Come on, George! Own it! What's Disney gonna do? Take back the check? :lol

Exactly.

While you make many good pints - I think we should look at things with a slight positive mind! They could have completely gone overboard and had saber fights like flying ninjas if they had to compete with avengers! I mean even Luke's jump back in the day were ridiculous when fighting vader! - the difference that time was that - there were no forums like these to complain! I think they did very very good for movie 1 to show a natural born force prodigy and someone who worships the force and has tried hard but yet to learn a lot!
Some people just are a natural!
Examples exist in every field - sport, science, business, and Rey is just that with the force! Point being - the OT also had several flaws and all movies will - but we as fans must allow some creativity and leeway!

The sad thing is, most of that history is probably not even canon anymore, but regardless of what's official, we have seen the best force uses in the films, supposedly. Yoda, Palpatine, Mace, Anakin (the chosen one), Dooku, and Obi Wan, so I think we're pretty familiar with what the best can or can't do, otherwise they would have done it. I bet the new films will keep adding abilities as they need to compete with superhero films, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them flying at some point as ridiculous as that sounds.

I believe that there should be limits and boundaries to their abilities, so that there is consistency, to avoid things like force user without training or incomplete training using the force in ways that makes the previous "masters" look like amateurs. So until Luke in one of the next films says, "Rey, you are better than all the previous jedi", I just want the novice characters to have some limits.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Back