1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the hate on this? This is perfect for those of us that didn't pick up this version. I'm excited for the re-release and the packaging is just a bonus. Looks like they fixed the helmet too.

I was on the fence for the original release and missed out. Now I have a second chance! But I picked up the Vader Tarkin 2-pack instead.

Why the hate on this? This is perfect for those of us that didn't pick up this version. I'm excited for the re-release and the packaging is just a bonus. Looks like they fixed the helmet too.

Because it was already made less than a year ago, and there are other very in demand characters that folks have been waiting on for 40 years. I'll never understand the sense of entitlement people seem to have thinking they should be able to buy anything, anytime, at the price they want to pay simply because they were slow.

Because it was already made less than a year ago, and there are other very in demand characters that folks have been waiting on for 40 years. I'll never understand the sense of entitlement people seem to have thinking they should be able to buy anything, anytime, at the price they want to pay simply because they were slow.

I mean that goes both ways; you're not entitled to the characters you want just because you want them either. I'm just happy it was offered. I passed as I didn't have space the first go round, now I do. ROTJ doesn't look to be coming any time soon so I'll just get this.

Helmet is the same as the original release, downward pointing tusks

Woah $285 on Sideshow huh? The fancy packaging is kind of cool I guess but I don't buy HT's to keep them in the box (although this is the ONE time when I don't think someone is crazy for keeping them sealed as if they're blister-packaged Black Series or World of Nintendo figures).

Woah $285 on Sideshow huh? The fancy packaging is kind of cool I guess but I don't buy HT's to keep them in the box (although this is the ONE time when I don't think someone is crazy for keeping them sealed as if they're blister-packaged Black Series or World of Nintendo figures).

That's why I think it should've been just Vader and not the giant base. It's unnecessary for this release IMO. Would've kept the price down another $30 I bet and led to some more purchases.

I mean that goes both ways; you're not entitled to the characters you want just because you want them either. I'm just happy it was offered. I passed as I didn't have space the first go round, now I do. ROTJ doesn't look to be coming any time soon so I'll just get this.

To be fair I can somewhat understand the gripe of those patiently
awaiting for certain characters/figures to get their first shot at
being offered versus those that were far more recent in their release
and availability.

Last edited:
People who are bitching about rereleases... you do know that this is the only way that they can make it possible to give you obscure characters like Tarkin or Krennic right?

Be pissed if it’s better than the one you have. Otherwise shut up and wait for your Gonk Droid because this is how they are gonna be able to give it to you.

I'm not feeling the box. It'll look weird next to my other ones, considering I keep them all in boxes. And I do want an unmasked Anakin head. But who knows when they'll make a RotJ version. Decisions...

I've been wanting a Vader for my collection so initially I was excited when I saw this announcement, but I'm not a fan of the box for the simple reason I display my 1/6 figures in a Detolf with the box against the back of the shelf, to the right (the figure stands to the left). This one would look weird with Vader removed. I wish it had the usual overlay box.

Personally, I kinda like the new box. All my boxes go into totes anyway so I'm not worried about displaying the box with the figure. I debated when the original release was out of selling my RO Vader to buy the ESB one and then it sold out, so now I get that chance again. :)

Back