Star Wars SDCC 2012 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering why there was no talk about this 3PO. Looks great and kind of neat that he's all die-cast metal. Will be great to see SSC's and just grab whichever one is most accurate, assuming that it is posable and the price is not outrageous.

So far...

Love the "Mythos" Obi-Wan...really nice piece. May have to get that one...

For sixth scale...Bossk looks really good (my favorite so far)...the Tuskens are really fantastic (now let's not skimp on the materials on the way to production please, Sideshow...these look REALLY good)...the Snowtroopers are...OK....still trying to figure out $150 for that gun....

Not blown away by the Vader...looks good but...maybe more pictures will help.

Not gonna jump to too many conclusions yet but, wanting to really be impressed with EpOne Kenobi but...don't like the expression (preferred the neutral one in the preview shot)...the inner robes ALREADY look cheaper and thinner than the preview shot ones...WTF? We haven't even gone into production yet here...wow. Again, maybe more pictures will do it down the line...

So far, underwhelmed. Maybe there's more to come (display-wise)....where's the STAP? Where's Grievous? Where's the tauntaun?

Ah well....keep the coverage coming, folks! It's always appreciated by us on the sidelines....

does ssc keep adding stuff over the duration of the con or is it an all out display fest when it opens to the public?

There might be more coming. They waited until today to put out the Tychs (whatever that is) 1/6 figure.

I can't wait for a 1/6th Rancor... And not because I want to buy one but because I want to see how GB manages to stay married during the purchase process. :lol

Yeah, I imagine much kitty lickin' will be involve :lol

So the new stuff revealed at SDCC has been:

1/6 scale

Darth Vader
Darth Malgus

Premium Format

Shaak Ti
Darth Malgus

Correct?

I would say Malgus and Shaak Ti, since Vader had a quasi-reveal on facebook.

Hoping for more... :pray:

Just saw that pic of Neyo and I must say the helmet looks better than on the SSC site. Hopefully that's closer to what we're getting.

I was wondering why there was no talk about this 3PO. Looks great and kind of neat that he's all die-cast metal. Will be great to see SSC's and just grab whichever one is most accurate, assuming that it is posable and the price is not outrageous.

It's just that the head looks perfect... it's where almost all threepios go wrong.

Not blown away by the Vader...looks good but...maybe more pictures will help.

Vader's one of the few SW characters that really needs to look pristine and perfectly futzed - glossy, cape "done" etc. I think it's just not 100% done or futzed.

sideshow ___ you! when i finally decide to get your boba fett.. i can't use neither a gift card nor the $10 for the newsletter... same with the captain rescue.. wtf might as well just specify that those discounts only apply to ____ that you got over stock off or that is old.

sideshow ___ you! when i finally decide to get your boba fett.. i can't use neither a gift card nor the $10 for the newsletter... same with the captain rescue.. wtf might as well just specify that those discounts only apply to ____ that you got over stock off or that is old.

What do you think the gc are for? Never used one.

What do you think the gc are for? Never used one.

This. I've never used a GC because they're only good on junk I could get even cheaper elsewhere and because you don't get RP on those purchases.

Seems to me that the base lights up, either way (light up or not) if some special base is included, I'm really not looking forward to seeing the price tag on this Vader, even though he looks to be a killer figure..

Those Tuskens man! They are stealing the show!!! Looks like really crazy people dressed up and looking straight at the camera in some of those pics!!!

As for the other 99% of the 1/6 reveals at this years SDCC.. what a yawn... I mean seriously nothing unexpected besides maybe Malgus... Same can be said about the HT 1/6 line... Preds especially.. everythings either been released or seen already.... "OLD NEWS" :mad:

$200 seems to be there pricing this year. The clones are now $130/$145 where last year more and they cost less.

This. I've never used a GC because they're only good on junk I could get even cheaper elsewhere and because you don't get RP on those purchases.

Ya..I understand what he was saying. Most of the time the points are more then the gc. I only buy ex I have yet to see one I wanted.

:rotfl "Gift Card" in SSC language means "Permission to dig through SSC dumpster."

Honestly, they have nothing in common with the term "gift card" as it is used by any other store on the planet.

I'd agree generally that the stuff on the giftcard list is not that great. However, they recently added IG-88. If anyone hasn't picked him up yet, it's about the best SW piece of what's available to use the GC on. A distant second would be Fingrin D'an.

I'm hoping that they put the SDCC Nodes on the gift card list, supposing that some remain after the Con for some time. If they don't, guess I'll be going with D'an.

Back