Prop Star Wars Model Kits

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Imperial-Class Destroyer is mine, 100% without a doubt buying that one!! Not totally delighted Bandai is taking over but the kits look good!

At 1/1700 scale that Star Destroyer has to be huge. The AMT one is 1/4222, and it's at least a foot long.

Also, here's a few more sneak peeks! I just finished up the cockpit. It's hard to get all the points of light into an in-focus picture, but I did my best! Haven't counted what's in the cockpit yet but it's a lot of fibers! There are a few unlit in the pic too. There's 3 lights that shine down on Boba and 3 lights that illuminate the passenger seats.

null_zpse1c06848.jpg

null_zpsd7eef605.jpg

These are to cool! Im always late to the game with collecting. Thank goodness I arrived as Mythos started selling!

MYC great job man on all your models. MandoMan that Slave 1 looks great aswell.
Im not very good at things like this but mine aswell attempt it. Looks fun and a cool hobby besides statues.
Ill start with the Tie Fighter!

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

yep go for the 1/72 ... but you picked a pretty tough one to start with to be honest !! I saw it and I passed up on it after I saw all those 7038490289 parts .. just don't have the time for a huge project like the falcon..

Thanks a lot and let us know how it goes :)

Unless I missed it, was there any more info on the SD? When it would be released, how much, etc.?

I'm pretty sure most of the Bandai stuff said "Autumn RollOut" so maybe by the end of the year for us?

MOAR SNEAK PEEKS!! :)
Done the majority or the painting, still some small bits to do and the dark green front panel and "bells" on either side of the cockpit.

null_zpsf92dbc28.jpg

null_zps59624e98.jpg

null_zpsd32fefc5.jpg

I didn't strictly follow the paint guide, rather took bits and pieces from different guides and put my own small twist. I knew if never accurately replicate the chipping pattern so I wasn't worried with the colors being 100% accurate. I'm happy with how it's going so far.

Thanks guys! I was so nervous about painting it. It didn't go exactly as planned but the end result looks good to me. I'm a bit on hold now waiting for oils and pigments to do the weathering, then I can finalize the lighting and the hole for the rod that will hold her up!

Here's where I am currently, added the pink spots to the skirt, and added the white-ish markings, dark green panels, and drilled out the cannon barrels.

null_zps4e28d0d9.jpg

null_zps7b0d3f82.jpg

null_zpsa5bfd658.jpg

null_zps57e0a90a.jpg

null_zps686cda3b.jpg

null_zpsbfdf28fd.jpg

Last edited:
man the falcon gonna be something .. wanna see WIP of that one

Back