Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So TROS has a lower rating than TPM, I'm wondering if people feel like it deserves that? By the way, the rating of TPM was originally higher until it got the 3D re-release which lowered it.

That?s critics? score though right? Audience score is still high?

Though I gotta side with the critics on his one. TPM was my least favourite until Solo... and then TROS.

TPM was a disappointment at the time, but at least I wanted to like it. With TROS I?m sadly beyond caring (and I even liked TLJ!)

The plot leaks that were being posted throughout the months leading to the release were very detailed, and proved to be astonishingly accurate. Those leaks contained some scene descriptions that weren't in the theatrical cut. Since the rest were so spot-on, I think it's a safe bet that those scenes were indeed filmed and cut. You might end up getting some of those in deleted scenes on the blu-ray. Here's a list of some that I took note of:

• The opening scene with Kylo on Mustafar was much longer. The Oracle (spider thing) reads Kylo's mind and taunts him about his feelings for Rey. It also warns him that his path will soon lead to his end, but then gives Kylo the wayfinder. Hux and Pryde were also there on Mustafar where Kylo and his FO troops were rampaging through the woods for an extended bit.
  • The next sequence with the Falcon being chased by TIEs was more involved, and included more shots of various aliens onboard working with Poe and Finn. The big yellow slug alien had a larger role, for example.
  • When Kylo first reaches Exogol, his conversation with Palpatine had a lot more to it. Palpatine confirmed having survived DS2, and was shown being tended to by the Sith loyalists. Palps actually describes to Kylo that he went to the Unknown Regions (where Exogol is) following the battle of Endor. He's also the one who tells Kylo about the Dyad, and how he wants Rey and Kylo to both inherit his throne.
  • On Pasana, Lando tells them that he had a daughter who was stolen by the First Order. That was why he never left there with Luke.
  • Luke was supposed to be at the Resistance base with Leia when she died (at least his voice was). He was there to pass on one final lesson to her (I'm not sure if that means the Force ghost knowledge, or something else).
  • In one version of the climax, Palpatine supposedly used a lightsaber when battling Kylo and Rey.

As an additional note, the movie was originally described as opening with the flashback scene of Luke and Leia sparring/training. This was supposed to transition to Leia helping train Rey. My guess is that there had to be additional exposition (not voiced over by Luke) for that to make sense.

Now THAT is some crazy-ass **** I'd love to read.

"Well, Vader threw me off this bottomless chasm on the DSII, then as unbelievable as it may sound, here's what happened............................. anyway, finally yes, I WAS genuinely surprised that my entire office was intact after an atomizing explosion the size of a planet. But silly me, I forgot about the Exogol wayfinder I left in the medicine cabinet in my throne room's bathroom."
:rotfl

So TROS has a lower rating than TPM, I'm wondering if people feel like it deserves that? By the way, the rating of TPM was originally higher until it got the 3D re-release which lowered it.

Every time they re-release it, the rating will sink lower.:lol

That?s critics? score though right? Audience score is still high?

Who knows. Rottentomatoes has frozen the audience score at 86% since opening day despite tens of thousands of new reviews coming in (a statistical impossibility.) While most people I know in real life enjoyed it that's not the impression I get online where those of us who are fans seem to be in the minority. So I'd say that there does appear to be some pretty significant shenanigans with RT's TROS audience score right now (but what else is new, that site pretty much sucks all around these days.)

Now THAT is some crazy-ass **** I'd love to read.

"Well, Vader threw me off this bottomless chasm on the DSII, then as unbelievable as it may sound, here's what happened............................. anyway, finally yes, I WAS genuinely surprised that my entire office was intact after an atomizing explosion the size of a planet. But silly me, I forgot about the Exogol wayfinder I left in the medicine cabinet in my throne room's bathroom."
:rotfl

My guess, Palpatine used his robe as a glider or a parachute of sorts to minimize the impact. Then, BOOM!! The explosion, Palpatine uses an ancient force trick to create a force shield, as he raises his hands the explosion blows a few of his fingers off. As a result of his shield, his office suffers less damage. How does that sound?

The original opening of TROS showed the DSII exploding and then Palpatine's screaming body zooming through space for the next five minutes on it's way to Exegol while JW's score played just like the beginning of Superman: The Movie.

Palpatine smiles at the camera. :lol

S stands for Hop.......SITH

d711fafae58c6e8c9233d1e558557b37.jpg

55e5460e4f1589bf16bee29b152ec3ef.jpg

8ddc445aeed19b5cc4f442db3619dc65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The original opening of TROS showed the DSII exploding and then Palpatine's screaming body zooming through space for the next five minutes on it's way to Exegol while JW's score played just like the beginning of Superman: The Movie.

:rotfl I love the idea of him just tumbling and tumbling, minute after minute, the audience shifting in their seats, just the sounds of Palps muttering incomprehensibly.

I can't wait for Leland Chee and Pablo Hidalgo's official explanation for how Palps and his office survived. JJ's just walks away, moving on to his next franchise, lets the clean-up crew take care of the boring details. :lol

Meh, Keaton had better lips. :monkey3 :chase

If it had been Bane's mask, Daisy's forehead would have reigned supreme though.:dunno

The same antiSJW post middle age white men sit here pleasuring themselves to each others hate. Completely normal.

Trevorrow on twitter has debunked that any of the art was from his version of the movie:

"Some beautiful work in here from artists I was lucky enough to work with, but nothing from our story. Credit where credit is due. Love @PhilSzostak?s books..."
So it seems all of that leaked script is JJ's cast asides after all.

The same antiSJW post middle age white men sit here pleasuring themselves to each others hate. Completely normal.

Yeah it is rather pathetic. I’m no fan of the sequel trilogy, but there is definitely a negative clique here. And being so nice and engaging myself I’m ignored most of the time. I guess they don’t do happy.

:monkey3

Yeah it is rather pathetic. I’m no fan of the sequel trilogy, but there is definitely a negative clique here. And being so nice and engaging myself I’m ignored most of the time. I guess they don’t do happy.

:monkey3

It was that Rey bat-lips post, wasn't it?

****ing Jye.:dunno

Back