Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it seems all of that leaked script is JJ's cast asides after all.

No Trevorrow was only referring to the concept art from the upcoming book. The leaked script was still his. In fact his silence on the massively publicized script leak is absolutely deafening now that he immediately rushed to say that those art leaks weren't from his version of TROS.

Last edited:
:rotfl I love the idea of him just tumbling and tumbling, minute after minute, the audience shifting in their seats, just the sounds of Palps muttering incomprehensibly.

I'm fine with the canon explanation that he really did die but was brought back by the Sith Eternal Cultists.

Also a couple other mystery box answers that were thrown into the TROS Visual Dictionary instead of the theatrical cut due to not being exciting enough to spell out on screen or simply cut for runtime are that Luke's lightsaber was salvaged from the depths of Cloud City and then a member of the mining colony found the saber and carried it as a trophy until crossing paths with Maz who knew what it was and paid a hefty fee to acquire it. She later attributed it to the will of the Force that she have it so that she could give it to Rey.

Also Rey learned how to repair the broken saber from instructions in the Jedi Texts.

What if Palpatine could use the lightsaber with his mind, so he fights Kylo and Rey while he sits on his chair. Would that be less lame than Palpatine in a saber duel like in the PT?

The only way I would have been okay with a Palpatine saber duel would have been if him draining Rey and Ben caused him to regain his youth and they replaced him with a younger actor who could do an awesome non-CGI assisted sword fight. Then they could still have dubbed his dialogue with McDiarmid's voice.

That said I'm still glad that Mcdiarmid alone played the role because he's just so damn much fun to watch.

So basically the Force power shouldn't even enable old Jedi and Sith to do something like even a lightsaber fight? Hmm.... a bit underwelming isn't it?

So how would you have shown them fighting on film?

I would have had lower level warrior Sith like the Royal Guards, Praetorian Guards, and Knights of Ren use melee weapons like what we already saw (not lightsabers.) The Emperor seemed very specific in ROTJ that sabers were "a Jedi's weapon" and I never liked that Lucas gave one to Maul (in addition to giving him the "Darth" name again as well.) I think he should have had a weapon similar to something the Praetorian Guards used and then they still could have had their big duel of the fates showdown just the same.

I always envisioned (based on what we see and hear in the OT) that Vader was a unique Sith who used a lightsaber only because he was the only one who had previously been a Jedi.

Higher level Sith/Jedi like Palpatine, TLJ Snoke and Yoda I would have had use only the Force itself.

One thing I love about the ST is that if I decanonize everything except the OT and the ST then I get six films that pretty much all showcase the fighting techniques and abilities of the Jedi/Sith the way I always imagined them to be with the addition of some extra powers (projection, healing) that give something new but not in a way that contradicts anything that was said in the OT.

Last edited:
So the "bad guys" would only use only the Force itself - kind of more pure that way, and the "good guys" would use weapons with the Force? Interesting take, makes the Jedi look like the real villains.

Old Ben said of the lightsaber: "an elegant weapon for a more civilized time".

That's how I envisioned Jedi: elegant monks who, if they must fight, resorted to the lightsaber as their weapon of choice.

Of course, then Ben slashed that drunk alien's arm off, and elegance went right out the window.

That's not at all what I said, lol.

I misunderstood, I missed the word Jedi in there.

Dooku says something to Yoda about never being able to settle things using the Force, and that they'd have to settle it using their skills with lightsabers... so if it's beneath them, yet they resort to that, what do you do with that?

I misunderstood, I missed the word Jedi in there.

Oh did that bit throw you, then my bad since I did revise my post to add that word since I realized that I included Yoda in my list of "high level Sith," lol.

:duff

But otherwise the rest of my post remains as it was with the lower level "warriors" like Royal Guards, Praetorian Guards, Knights of Ren, etc., using weapons (but not lightsabers) while the more powerful users of either side (Light/Dark) using just the Force itself.

Dooku says something to Yoda about never being able to settle things using the Force, and that they'd have to settle it using their skills with lightsabers... so if it's beneath them, yet they resort to that, what do you do with that?

When I say that fighting with lightsabers is beneath characters like Yoda and Palpatine I mean the previous versions of the characters (OT) before George revised them (poorly) in the PT. So when goofy stuff like what you mentioned comes up I tend to just go "yeah whatever" and then immediately ignore it. ;)

Old Ben said of the lightsaber: "an elegant weapon for a more civilized time".

That's how I envisioned Jedi: elegant monks who, if they must fight, resorted to the lightsaber as their weapon of choice.

Of course, then Ben slashed that drunk alien's arm off, and elegance went right out the window.

:lol :lol :lol

Elegant weapon for a more civilized time...

Next scene:

bulls.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always envisioned (based on what we see and hear in the OT) that Vader was a unique Sith who used a lightsaber only because he was the only one who had previously been a Jedi.

That's an interesting take. I probably would find it hard to believe that Vader would have been the only former Jedi turned Sith though. SW makes Force users seem like unstable, bipolar people who can swing from zen-like calm enlightened beings to schizophrenic psychopaths and back. For sure other Jedi would have fallen and other Sith would have gone to the light.

That's an interesting take. I probably would find it hard to believe that Vader would have been the only former Jedi turned Sith though. SW makes Force users seem like unstable, bipolar people who can swing from zen-like calm enlightened beings to schizophrenic psychopaths and back. For sure other Jedi would have fallen and other Sith would have gone to the light.

We know about Dooku having been a Jedi-turned-Sith. And Ben Solo went from Jedi student to dark side apprentice. So yeah, I agree with you that this had to have happened throughout Jedi history. Yoda warns about how the dark side is such an easy path to power; it makes it seem like it'd require real vigilance to keep a Jedi aligned with the light side.

An assumed reason why the Jedi padawans have to be so young is to not allow Jedi abilities to be taught to someone who has already formed attachments that generate feelings like possessiveness and greed. Padawans starting at an older age would have also already formed egos and self-identities that would make the lust for power a greater danger in terms of choosing the easy path of the dark side.

But you bring up an intriguing point about Sith (or other dark side users) turning to the light. I know that Mace Windu was a Jedi who supposedly drew some of his power from the dark side, but was there ever a Jedi who had been a full-on dark side user or Sith first before turning to the light?

But you bring up an intriguing point about Sith (or other dark side users) turning to the light. I know that Mace Windu was a Jedi who supposedly drew some of his power from the dark side, but was there ever a Jedi who had been a full-on dark side user or Sith first before turning to the light?

I think that would be an interesting Star Wars story to take in the future. We know Dark Side users can turn back to the light provided they had "some good" in them. Darth Vader/Anakin and Ben Solo are examples of these. The Dark Side is not an impossible pit to get out of. I don't think the Sith follow the same training the Jedi do (start with young impressionable kids)?

I think that would be an interesting Star Wars story to take in the future. We know Dark Side users can turn back to the light provided they had "some good" in them. Darth Vader/Anakin and Ben Solo are examples of these. The Dark Side is not an impossible pit to get out of. I don't think the Sith follow the same training the Jedi do (start with young impressionable kids)?

Episode X Redemption of Emperor

Back